24-08-2012, 10:57
|
#16
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
|
Re: Blocking issue
Hi, I tried that (the Newzbin Client) but it seems to only work for the BT block and does nothing against the virgin Media block! Thanks for the idea though.
|
|
|
24-08-2012, 11:31
|
#17
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3
|
Re: Blocking issue
The Newzbin client does work, but you have to click "Start Ultrasurf" first, wait a while then click "Find Newzbin". Its a bit slow but does connect eventually.
For those of you getting "empty" nzb files by using Opera in turbo mode, if you drop one into Notepad you will see some HTML code including the familiar "Virgin Media is blocking..." etc, so it appears when the nzb files are generated they are not sent through the turbo mode.
|
|
|
24-08-2012, 12:38
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
|
Re: Blocking issue
Ahhh, I saw a lot of that in the Notepad textfile so, I guess, even though an NZB shows up as downloaded, it's contents are worthless.
I did try the Ultrasurf button but it just comes up with the attached message after a minute of thinking about it.
When I try it again, I get that second message. I activated that as it says but then couldn't get rid of it without deleting the file as it wouldn't let me use Google and automatically referred me to the Ultrasurf search engine which I didn't want.
|
|
|
25-08-2012, 16:47
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 28
|
Re: Blocking issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarco772
Ahhh, I saw a lot of that in the Notepad textfile so, I guess, even though an NZB shows up as downloaded, it's contents are worthless.
|
If you can get to the website in question, have a look at the news item on VirginMedia blocking and the comments, and you should be able to resolve your problem.
|
|
|
26-08-2012, 02:03
|
#20
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2007
Services: VM 100mb/5mb, Linksys E3200 super fast router, cable tv
Posts: 84
|
Re: Blocking issue
make sure Opera is downloading the NZB File not Grabit (sounds like Opera is passing the Link to grabit so it downloads it not Opera)
you need to make Opera download the Nzb
Tools > Pref > adv > Downloads > [quickfind type nzb] > edit >
Open with Other app point it to grabit (it should all ready be) make sure the Pass web address is not ticked (as that will just send the link to grabit and then VM gateway will block it)
|
|
|
26-08-2012, 06:42
|
#21
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 28
|
Re: Blocking issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by leexgx
make sure Opera is downloading the NZB File not Grabit (sounds like Opera is passing the Link to grabit so it downloads it not Opera)
|
It is not the method of download, it is that even using Opera Turbo and specifically instructing Opera to download the NZB file (i.e. just doing a save as to a folder), VM are removing the contents of the NZB file and inserting their "don't" statement.
As I mentioned before, the solution is on the website in question in the comments on VM's actions.
|
|
|
26-08-2012, 17:11
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
|
Re: Blocking issue
Aha! Sorted! AFM is quite right, both about the empty NZBs and the comments being the place to look. To save you the bother here is the method I found has worked.
I went to http://www.securitykiss.com/ and downloaded the free software. Then I connected Opera in turbo mode and downloaded the NZB file to my desktop.
I then disconnected the SecurityKiss thing and clicked on the NZB to open it in Grabit and it seems business as usual.
Worked for me anyway. Ta.
|
|
|
26-08-2012, 19:03
|
#23
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 28
|
Re: Blocking issue
Using SecurityKiss you don't need to bother with Opera Turbo, just stick the IP address of the website you want to visit into your normal web browser.
|
|
|
27-08-2012, 02:20
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2007
Services: VM 100mb/5mb, Linksys E3200 super fast router, cable tv
Posts: 84
|
Re: Blocking issue
if you download the file with Opera with Turbo enabled the download is Done Via Opera Turbo servers (i know as that's how i am doing of 2 mins ago and it works fine),
if your still getting invaild NZB file, something has changed how the NZB file is downloaded on your Opera install (one note make sure when using Opera with Turbo make sure your not on the HTTPS site as it may download the file directly then the VM gateway gets ya)
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:20.
|