Apple TiVo Acquisition????
19-08-2012, 22:16
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 461
|
Apple TiVo Acquisition????
Apple is reportedly negotiating with cable companies to make set-top boxes. A faster route to your living room would be a TiVo buyout.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57...o-acquisition/
So what of the Apple TVs ????
|
|
|
19-08-2012, 22:55
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Stevenage, Herts
Age: 46
Services: Talk Weekends
SupreFibre 70
Posts: 519
|
Re: Apple TiVo Acquisition????
Let me be one of the first to say I'd drop my TiVo subscription if Apple take it over. I'm not a fan of the fruit company myself.
|
|
|
19-08-2012, 23:03
|
#3
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Apple TiVo Acquisition????
Apple won't make a cable box, it's just another rumour.
|
|
|
|
20-08-2012, 06:05
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 461
|
Re: Apple TiVo Acquisition????
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcopeland
Let me be one of the first to say I'd drop my TiVo subscription if Apple take it over. I'm not a fan of the fruit company myself.
|
To each their own I would never buy another microflop machine. The apple TV is tied down but well made just like all the apple range. Even a Judge has ruled that an Apple devise is COOL
|
|
|
20-08-2012, 06:46
|
#5
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 659
|
Re: Apple TiVo Acquisition????
Be interesting to see how this one develops. If Apple were to bring some of its software and product design know-how to TiVo it could be a good thing.
|
|
|
20-08-2012, 06:57
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Warrington
Services: | Freeview | VirginTV XL with TiVo | BB L | Phone M |
Posts: 564
|
Re: Apple TiVo Acquisition????
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcopeland
Let me be one of the first to say I'd drop my TiVo subscription if Apple take it over. I'm not a fan of the fruit company myself.
|
Seconded.
|
|
|
20-08-2012, 07:28
|
#7
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,098
|
Re: Apple TiVo Acquisition????
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcopeland
Let me be one of the first to say I'd drop my TiVo subscription if Apple take it over. I'm not a fan of the fruit company myself.
|
Seconded
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
20-08-2012, 08:31
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
|
Re: Apple TiVo Acquisition????
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcopeland
Let me be one of the first to say I'd drop my TiVo subscription if Apple take it over. I'm not a fan of the fruit company myself.
|
Yes I would follow suit, I would never use an Apple product.
|
|
|
20-08-2012, 08:58
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Apple TiVo Acquisition????
Funnily enough I see Apples products very similar to Sky's , slick intuitive interface and simple to use were TIVO is more like Android being that bit more complex with more advanced/customisation options.
|
|
|
20-08-2012, 08:59
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 821
|
Re: Apple TiVo Acquisition????
what is this is apple buying over tivo I already have apple tv if apple buy over tivo will this mean my iphone and my ipad will work with tivo
|
|
|
20-08-2012, 09:04
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 461
|
Re: Apple TiVo Acquisition????
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman
what is this is apple buying over tivo I already have apple tv if apple buy over tivo will this mean my iphone and my ipad will work with tivo
|
Me I'm confused as I was about to get a new Apple TV so I would getb the full function to stream my iPhone on my TV. They have brought Three new versions of the Apple TV and now this so confused. Will I ever catch-up????
|
|
|
20-08-2012, 09:26
|
#12
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Apple TiVo Acquisition????
Apple TV has no AirPlay whatsoever and you download your purchases to its hard drive.
Apple TV 2 does AirPlay and you stream purchases.
Apple TV 3 is the same but it does 1080p instead of 720p.
TV 2 pre-owned prices are higher than 3 because you can jailbreak them and run XBMC.
|
|
|
|
20-08-2012, 11:42
|
#13
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,040
|
Re: Apple TiVo Acquisition????
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman
what is this is apple buying over tivo I already have apple tv if apple buy over tivo will this mean my iphone and my ipad will work with tivo
|
It's only a rumour/supposition...
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
20-08-2012, 11:50
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: Apple TiVo Acquisition????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh
It's only a rumour/supposition...
|
Probably should be in the 'Coming soon to Virgin TV' thread then.
|
|
|
21-08-2012, 15:51
|
#15
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 461
|
Re: Apple TiVo Acquisition????
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
Probably should be in the 'Coming soon to Virgin TV' thread then.
|
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:01.
|