Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM TV Loyalty Discount

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

VM TV Loyalty Discount
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2012, 10:09   #1
southlad
cf.member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 48
southlad is on a distinguished roadsouthlad is on a distinguished road
VM TV Loyalty Discount

Just wondered how much loyalty discount you have with VM?

Does everyone get the same loyalty discount with retentions or does it depend on which services you have?
southlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2012, 12:23   #2
MalteseFalcon
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: VM TV Loyalty Discount

Mine is only something like £11 a month discount, but I know someone who gets a £20 a month discount, because although they take less from VM, they have been a customer since the old NTL days.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 10:34   #3
cli70488
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: shropshire
Services: 32"LCD TV- V+ box .Tivo. VM TV XL . Sat. box with Sky dish " Broadband "L"with VM.
Posts: 105
cli70488 will become famous soon enoughcli70488 will become famous soon enoughcli70488 will become famous soon enough
Re: VM TV Loyalty Discount

I have been a VM user since moving into the present address, ie 11 years, and I get the £11 loyalty discount. I only got this discount when I asked to reduce outgoings and they offered this remedy.
I receive TV XL- broadband L and landline Telephone.
Reason for needing to reduce costs is age, ie 89 years, and only State pension on which to pay all bills.
Any suggestions as to how I might get the £20 discount mentioned.
cli70488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 11:10   #4
MalteseFalcon
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: VM TV Loyalty Discount

I don't think they DO get the £20 discount, that is what they say they get. I've never seen evidence of this discount. I would think £15 would be the maximum discount per month.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 11:47   #5
nomadking
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Northampton
Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
Posts: 8,397
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: VM TV Loyalty Discount

The discount amount is no longer a separate item on bills, but when it was.
Quote:
Triple Combo Pack Loyalty Discount 22 January - 21 February £-18.25
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 08:04   #6
cli70488
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: shropshire
Services: 32"LCD TV- V+ box .Tivo. VM TV XL . Sat. box with Sky dish " Broadband "L"with VM.
Posts: 105
cli70488 will become famous soon enoughcli70488 will become famous soon enoughcli70488 will become famous soon enough
Re: VM TV Loyalty Discount

Last year I recall the VM Bill used to show a "Grand Triple Discount" of £14.00. At that time the costs were Broadband L £26.00- TV XL also £26.00- and Telephone £12.99( plus actual user charge, of course).
No monthly fee was made for the V+ box or the use of Voicemail.
cli70488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 21:59   #7
suzie
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
suzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VM TV Loyalty Discount

Hi i've been a VM customer from NTL days would i possibly receive a loyalty discount, (Broadband L, TV XL, TELEPHONE XL), would be great if i could, thanks Suzie.
suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 22:38   #8
Matth
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Posts: 2,516
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age
Re: VM TV Loyalty Discount

The great days of the loyalty discount are long gone, though if you've never been revised at all, you could probably find a current package deal that gives the same or better, and/or costs less.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 06:45   #9
Vieil Homme
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 461
Vieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud of
Re: VM TV Loyalty Discount

I have been told by CS that my bill would be over £80 per month. I am paying £54.00 per month which I think is still expensive. I am on TV extra L phone extra L BB Med calls 27/7 inc 08/07/04 numbers.

I was with CableTel when it first started in the 80s

I phoned last month to cancell but found I was on 59Gb download
Vieil Homme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 10:14   #10
cli70488
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: shropshire
Services: 32"LCD TV- V+ box .Tivo. VM TV XL . Sat. box with Sky dish " Broadband "L"with VM.
Posts: 105
cli70488 will become famous soon enoughcli70488 will become famous soon enoughcli70488 will become famous soon enough
Re: VM TV Loyalty Discount

Suzie, I would say that you should telephone VM and tell them that you need to reduce your outgoings. I did and they came up with the Loyalty Discount to prevent me from reducing cost to them by reducing TV XL. Worth a try anyway.
cli70488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 10:21   #11
neilo
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brizzle
Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
Posts: 359
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all
Re: VM TV Loyalty Discount

It worked for me as well. Got a Deal that I'm happy with. It may be worthwhile doing some comparisons with Sky as I vaguely remember doing something similar as they were a bit cheaper with what I had at the time and demonstrating this to the VM employee. Clearly don't do this if Sky is more expensive though! Good luck.
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 10:25   #12
cli70488
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: shropshire
Services: 32"LCD TV- V+ box .Tivo. VM TV XL . Sat. box with Sky dish " Broadband "L"with VM.
Posts: 105
cli70488 will become famous soon enoughcli70488 will become famous soon enoughcli70488 will become famous soon enough
Re: VM TV Loyalty Discount

Matth and Nomadking, The Loyalty Discount is shown on my monthly Account from VM with the warning that should I decide to change any part of my package then I would lose the Discount.
cli70488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 10:35   #13
grimwau
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bournemouth
Services: VIP100 - Panasonic TH-42PX600
Posts: 100
grimwau is on a distinguished roadgrimwau is on a distinguished road
Question Re: VM TV Loyalty Discount

Slightly OT but I had reason to call VM about a problem with my Spotify premium account reverting to Free after renewing Premium at £9.99pcm. Whilst waiting to be transferred (10 min queue) the guy on the end of the phone asked if there was anything else he could help me with. I said that with Sky Sports going up, Spotify Premium now needing to be paid for (had 12 months free) the 100Mb upgrade now not expected until 2013 and with 3 Virgin Mobiles on account was there anything he could offer me for loyalty.

I have been through the good old Nynex, C&W, NTL route to VM (20+ years) and he looked at my account and said he was able to offer a "tickle" to loyal customers which consisted of the folowing:

Change my 500Mb Tivo for a 1Tb unit
Fit the old Tivo in place of the V+ HD box in another room
The cost would be £49.99 but I would get (approx, can't remember exact) £8.00+ a month reduction in my package cost for 12 months which more than offsets the £49.99 and after 12 months the package will still be £2.00+pcm less than I am paying now.

I obviously agreed as it appears to be a no lose situation, all for starting a new 12 month contract. There is also the added bonus of having my 50Mb BB upgraded to 100MB BB immediately (no extra charge) instead of waiting to 2013.

I have made an appointment for Thursday 23 for the "school run time slot i.e. 10.AM - 2.00PM but when checking for appointments on the status page og VM it says that no appointments have been made so I'll need to phone up to confirm this has been made.

I'd appreciate confirmation from anyone in the know that this is a genuine offer available as it does seem to good to be true. However, if it is, I appreciate the fact that VM are looking after their "loyal" customers as there seem to be lots of good deals only available to new signings.
grimwau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 11:21   #14
vincerooney
cf.mega poster
 
vincerooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
Posts: 2,611
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: VM TV Loyalty Discount

Greetings all,

Few quick questions. I'm looking at decreasing my VM bills at the moment would it be best to change package or just call retentions and see if i can get any loyalty bonuses? I've been with telewest since August 2000. i dont know if thats long enough?

Don't get any bonuses or discounts at the moment but paying full price for the package which is just getting too much at the moment.

So would I call renentions or just normal helpline? Also i remember in the past i emailed someone in virgin media some questions and got sky sports HD for free until i downgraded when i moved out of my mums (i've since moved back in) can we talk about the account to anyone via email or is it always gotta be via phone??
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2012, 11:04   #15
cli70488
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: shropshire
Services: 32"LCD TV- V+ box .Tivo. VM TV XL . Sat. box with Sky dish " Broadband "L"with VM.
Posts: 105
cli70488 will become famous soon enoughcli70488 will become famous soon enoughcli70488 will become famous soon enough
Re: VM TV Loyalty Discount

vincerooney, I got the Loyalty Discouint of £11 and I was also on Telewest but only 11 years so you should get it. As I have said earlier I rang VM and told them I eas going to have to reduce my outgoings and they then offered the £11 so why not you do the same. As far as I know only by Telephone to the staff at VM , not possible by Email. I have always found the staff at VM most helpful.
cli70488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:30.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum