TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
19-08-2012, 21:14
|
#271
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo
... I nearly lost a few episodes of Star Trek Voyager (I know, I know but it's Seven of Nine you see)...
|
[tuvok]
Curious.
[/tuvok]
No channel on VM has shown any of these eps in the last year; that I am aware of. (Though I admit I don't have every channel in my Digiguide but I though I had most of them on which this show airs. (ie PickTV and CBS Action.)
Which channel and when, neil?
|
|
|
19-08-2012, 21:26
|
#272
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
7 of 9? I know what you mean, Jeri Ryan has long been a crush of mine.
|
|
|
19-08-2012, 21:37
|
#273
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brizzle
Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
Posts: 359
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
I don't think she's been in any of the ones on CBS Action or Pick TV yet but that doesn't stop me recording them just in case. I'm sorry I'm not sure precisely which minute of which episode of which series she started in.
I'm sure you could enlighten us all as well as taking the opportunity to tell me how to use TiVo at the same time...
|
|
|
19-08-2012, 21:45
|
#274
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo
I don't think she's been in any of the ones on CBS Action or Pick TV yet but that doesn't stop me recording them just in case.
|
Why don't you use a Wishlist for the actress then?
Quote:
|
I'm sorry I'm not sure precisely which minute of which episode of which series she started in.
|
No need for sarcasm. I don't think she's in it until late S3 or early S4.
Quote:
|
... as well as taking the opportunity to tell me how to use TiVo at the same time...
|
Well I certainly wouldn't use space up by setting any show with 5 eps a week to KUID and not delete any of them
At least you now you you can delete all the eps on your Tivo and set up a WL for the ones with Ms Ryan in too. See how helpful I can be?
|
|
|
19-08-2012, 21:46
|
#275
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brizzle
Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
Posts: 359
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
This guy is slowly killing me.
|
|
|
19-08-2012, 22:03
|
#276
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Some people might consider being gracious and thanking someone who gives them some good advice.
|
|
|
19-08-2012, 22:45
|
#277
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Don't hold your breath, some people will ignore good advice and then when it gets pointed out by someone who works for VM will come on here and go 'so and so told me this, what great advice' when someone on here has already been giving said advice.
Some people can be so ungrateful, it's not true.
|
|
|
19-08-2012, 22:54
|
#278
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brizzle
Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
Posts: 359
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
I've just joined the 'Blocked you know who' club.
|
|
|
19-08-2012, 22:59
|
#279
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
I don't understand why, because Carl actually gives plenty of useful information.
|
|
|
19-08-2012, 23:03
|
#280
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Stevenage, Herts
Age: 46
Services: Talk Weekends
SupreFibre 70
Posts: 519
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
I see Carl takes a bit of stick on here. Freedom of speech goes out the window with some people.
|
|
|
19-08-2012, 23:14
|
#281
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brizzle
Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
Posts: 359
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
It's a shame as its the first time I've ever done it on any forum.
But I'm just exercising my freedom to not listen. I guess that's why the option is there. The guy has changed his entries after my replies to make himself appear much more helpful than he actually was as well as changing the one that basically told me to kill myself.
Anyhoo back to topic now?
|
|
|
20-08-2012, 08:54
|
#282
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo
The guy has changed his entries after my replies to make himself appear much more helpful than he actually was...
|
Erm... no, I really haven't. And you can tell because there would be an indication that the post had been edited after any replies were made. (Like at the bottom of this very post; which has been edited a few times. QED  )
Quote:
|
...as well as changing the one that basically told me to kill myself.
|
I changed that for a very good reason though; because it was a completely stupid response. But then his comment was a complete stupid thing to say in the first place yet it still there.
|
|
|
20-08-2012, 11:10
|
#283
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Back on topic please and stop with the personal digs!
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
21-08-2012, 03:53
|
#284
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nottingham
Age: 69
Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2,
O2 mobile
Posts: 746
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Just got up for work and was about to watch the news with my coffee and noticed that all the lights are on my Tivo. I assume my box is updating so I dare not switch it on.
__________________
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure.
|
|
|
21-08-2012, 05:43
|
#285
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,098
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo
This guy is slowly killing me.
|
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:36.
|