TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
18-08-2012, 13:31
|
#241
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hell
Age: 50
Posts: 5,956
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11
I've not spoken to them for a week or so , I'm not sure they have 15.3 or not. I believe they come off Preston headend.
|
You have not spoken to your parents for a week  You should speak to them all day every day.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 13:32
|
#242
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
So it wouldn't matter if it did get auto-deleted then 
---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate
You have not spoken to your parents for a week  You should speak to them all day every day.
|
I'm lucky if I don't speak to mine at least once a day
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 14:04
|
#243
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Up North - Where It's Grim
Age: 59
Posts: 2,588
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
But I thought the idea of the reminder was that you sit down there-and-then to watch the show, then delete it! 
|
I give up
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 14:05
|
#244
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
So it wouldn't matter if it did get auto-deleted then 
|
And Tivo knows wheather I want to keep that particular show or delete it, how?
And don't say by using a mixture of KUID and KUSN, because when my disc gets near full, it's often a difficult decision as to which show I'm going to have to delete to create space.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 14:54
|
#245
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 134
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth
It would be good if all recorded reminders were lumped in a folder called 'Recorded Reminders' or something similar, then cleaning up after a mamoth reminder fest could (if you've watched them all) be a one button press feature in My Shows. That would be a compromise I'd be more than happy with.
Cheers
Grim
|
It's a simple good suggestion you should go here
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VirginMediaTiVo
If you get a ground swell of people making the same suggestion something may happen!
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 15:32
|
#246
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brizzle
Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
Posts: 359
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
So I was just watching James Bond getting chased through the jungle and all of a sudden TiVo switched to ESPN when it started recording the football???
What's all that about??
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 15:34
|
#247
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Up North - Where It's Grim
Age: 59
Posts: 2,588
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfofpoison
|
Done, so if it happens you know where you heard it first
Cheers
Grim
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 15:55
|
#248
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth
I give up
|
So what use is a reminder then, if you're not sat in front of the TV to watch it?
And yes, I understand keeping something after you've watched it. But that isn't the main point of reminders.
---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
And Tivo knows wheather I want to keep that particular show or delete it, how?
|
Because, if you didn't mind it being deleted when the space was required, you'd set to KUID.
Quote:
|
And don't say by using a mixture of KUID and KUSN...
|
Well I shouldn't have to state the obvious now, should I?
Quote:
|
because when my disc gets near full, it's often a difficult decision as to which show I'm going to have to delete to create space.
|
Always watch older stuff first. Then just leave it there to be auto-deleted if space needed.
---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo
So I was just watching James Bond getting chased through the jungle and all of a sudden TiVo switched to ESPN when it started recording the football??? What's all that about??
|
The honest answer right now is I don't know. Were you watching JB live? Even if you were then it should have used one of the other two tuners to record ESPN. Unless you only had the one tuner left, in which case it would use that one.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 15:58
|
#249
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Up North - Where It's Grim
Age: 59
Posts: 2,588
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
And yes, I understand keeping something after you've watched it. But that isn't the main point of reminders.
|
Exactly, so why record them? It's starting to look like you're finally getting the point  .
Cheers
Grim
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 16:23
|
#250
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
Because, if you didn't mind it being deleted when the space was required, you'd set to KUID.
.
|
The above makes no sense to me at all.
There are old shows that I will delete when they are viewed, but I don't know when I will get arround to watching them so all my shows are set to KUID.
Why are you so arrogant as to assume that your way is the only correct way to use Tivo?
I'm very happy for you to use Tivo in whatever way that you want to. If your method works for you, then it is perfectly valid.
But only arrogance prevents someone seeing that other people will have a different approach, which is equally valid and works best for them.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 17:23
|
#251
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
The above makes no sense to me at all.
|
You're absolutely right. I started writing it one way then changed my mind and the two got mixed up. Apologies for the confusion
Let's try that again....
Because, if you didn't want it deleted when the space was required, you'd set to KUID. But if you do that with too much stuff then it can cause problems for future recordings.
Quote:
|
There are old shows that I will delete when they are viewed, but I don't know when I will get arround to watching them so all my shows are set to KUID.
|
That's what I do too. Of course, I suspect I have more time than you
Quote:
|
Why are you so arrogant as to assume that your way is the only correct way to use Tivo?
|
Of course I've never actually said anything of the sort
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 17:47
|
#252
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
But if you do that with too much stuff then it can cause problems for future recordings.
|
You have stated that previously, and this morning I asked you to give me examples of people who had posted about these problems, besides the one example that Spiderplant had posted about. Note, I am talking about real life examples, not theory. Because for this to be a theoretical problem, you have to assume that people aren't capable of monitoring their hard disc free space, and I know that they are.
I've waited all day for your examples, and you have still not posted them, but have posted this unproved assertion twice.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 19:37
|
#253
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
I have no real-world examples either as mine has never deleted anything itself since I got it. So perhaps leaving it to Tivo isn't as bad an you think it might be.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 20:08
|
#254
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
I have no real-world examples either as mine has never deleted anything itself since I got it. So perhaps leaving it to Tivo isn't as bad an you think it might be.
|
Why don't you do it your way and let other people do it their way, and you stop telling them that they should be doing it your way.
We can all move on then.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 20:12
|
#255
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,098
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
Why don't you do it your way and let other people do it their way, and you stop telling them that they should be doing it your way.
We can all move on then.
|
Resistance is futile you will be assimilated and be one with his collective 
---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
You have stated that previously, and this morning I asked you to give me examples of people who had posted about these problems, besides the one example that Spiderplant had posted about. Note, I am talking about real life examples, not theory. Because for this to be a theoretical problem, you have to assume that people aren't capable of monitoring their hard disc free space, and I know that they are.
I've waited all day for your examples, and you have still not posted them, but have posted this unproved assertion twice.
|
I check mine once a day
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:57.
|