TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
16-08-2012, 06:02
|
#151
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,666
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
|
|
|
16-08-2012, 06:30
|
#152
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Services: 360 box
Posts: 5,875
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
got my update
|
|
|
16-08-2012, 07:09
|
#153
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
It's simple really.
For those who wan't Tivo to handle everything, use KUSN. When tivo starts to delete things when it needs more space, it will decide which shows to delete, not you (pressumably, oldest first?). You can always set KUID on an individual basis for really important shows
For those who want to have full choice on what gets deleted when more space is needed, and are prepred to monitor free disc space themselves, then use KUID.
All I'm asking for is the option to choose one of these methods in the recording defauls.
VM/Tivo don't think that enough of it's customers are competent enough to make that choice, so have denied us the option to do it.
|
|
|
16-08-2012, 07:53
|
#154
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
I think its more that Virgin have provided it's customers with a cutting edge intelligent box and are having a little difficulty understanding that all some people wanted was a bigger hard drive in the v+. I think you're being unfair. Reminders has shown that they're willing to listen to the loud minority and I see no reason to believe that this update was about not trusting it's customers rather than providing them with what it considers to be the best options. If enough people like you make their voices heard then I'm sure you'll get what you want.
|
|
|
16-08-2012, 08:39
|
#155
|
|
Guest
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
|
|
|
|
16-08-2012, 08:48
|
#156
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo
I don't know what to believe as I trust what some people say on here (not you Carl) and it just seems different to my user experience.
|
Well of course not. I mean I always lie about everything don't I?  
---------- Post added at 09:47 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychels
So I can confirm from my own personal experience that what they are saying is correct....
|
Including me, by the way, neilo 
---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychels
... if everything is KUID then if your drive gets full enough it will stop setting upcoming programmes if there isn't enough room to record them.
|
Of course, some of us would call that common sense and perfectly logical
|
|
|
16-08-2012, 10:51
|
#157
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brizzle
Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
Posts: 359
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Following this update then it seems to me that the Recording 'Options' screen is different depending on where you are in the menus.
For example if you are in the My Planned Recordings menu, the 'Options' screen has full padding choices as before, option to change to KUID, a really handy option to set a reminder for the programme as well.
If you are in the Explore This Show or Series Link menu, the Options screen does not have the Reminder Feature.
And if you are in the Set Defaults menu then there is much more limited padding options, no KUID option and no reminder option.
Why are the Options screens not the same everywhere??
|
|
|
16-08-2012, 10:58
|
#158
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 31
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Just a quickie! And I have no idea where to ask it. I am sure it will be moved if its in the wrong place.
I am interested in having Love Film on my Tivo box. Apart from the fact i do not know how to do it, sure i will find out. What is it like,does the streaming work well, is it worth it and to cancel Sky Movies?
|
|
|
16-08-2012, 11:13
|
#159
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bristol
Services: Tivio500
Posts: 241
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
How will Iknow when Ive been updated ?
Thank you.
|
|
|
16-08-2012, 11:27
|
#160
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by atro1
Just a quickie! And I have no idea where to ask it. I am sure it will be moved if its in the wrong place.
I am interested in having Love Film on my Tivo box. Apart from the fact i do not know how to do it, sure i will find out. What is it like,does the streaming work well, is it worth it and to cancel Sky Movies?
|
Lovefilm is currently not available on Tivo. VM have said they are potentially talking to Lovefilm (and Netflix) but that is a while ago and nothing has happened yet.
---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyposter
How will Iknow when Ive been updated ?
Thank you.
|
One quick way is to press OK on a future show in the EPG and if you've got an option to set a Reminder, you've been updated.
|
|
|
16-08-2012, 11:58
|
#161
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dorset
Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
Posts: 645
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyposter
How will Iknow when Ive been updated ?
Thank you.
|
When I turned the TV on in the morning TiVo was on channel 0 which I never leave it on. Usually that only happens after an update. So to confirm it I then went into Help and Settings>system info>system info and third down is software version which should start 15.3 if it's been updated.
__________________
Relatively happy VM customer
|
|
|
16-08-2012, 12:07
|
#162
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychels
When I turned the TV on in the morning TiVo was on channel 0 which I never leave it on. Usually that only happens after an update.
|
Indeedy. All three tuners will be on Channel 100 (not 0  )
|
|
|
16-08-2012, 12:28
|
#163
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
I've been done as well, Stevenage in Hertfordshire. Actually happened yesterday morning, but had to do a restart of the box as it froze when changing channel. Can't tell much difference, but then I have only been using TiVo for just under 3 weeks now, and not looked at everything on there yet.
|
|
|
16-08-2012, 13:06
|
#164
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 659
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
The 15.3 upgrade was done in my part of London last night. I am pleased to see there are some speed improvements as well as the features already mentioned although my TiVo is still slower than my bedroom SA V+. The V+ also scores over TiVo on its implementation of reminders (but nice try TiVo) and its SD up-scaler, IMO. Maybe future TiVo upgrades will address these failings. I hope so.
|
|
|
16-08-2012, 13:16
|
#165
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside
Maybe future TiVo upgrades will address these failings. I hope so.
|
Reminders on TiVo are done in the only way they can be done.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:20.
|