TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
14-08-2012, 14:52
|
#61
|
|
cf.member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 46
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
There must be a falt somewhere; no way would VM implement that. Have you tried a box reboot?
|
Yes I have. No difference.
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 14:58
|
#62
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch
I don't know much about dynamic EPG, but I know my parents, who have sky+HD, moaned just the other day about a program they wanted to record, did not record because the previous program over ran  
|
And that's with the Broadcaster being in charge of their own listings 
---------- Post added at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch
(tbh, there are more people wanting reminders than not)
|
Then you'll be able to provide information to back-up this statement of fact. Won't you?
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 14:59
|
#63
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Stoke on Trent
Services: 30 mb broadband & phone
Posts: 280
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
What's the version number of the new software?
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 15:03
|
#64
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meng
If I add a minute to the Start Recording, it subtracts a minute from the Stop Recording.
Same with adding to Stop Recording.
Useless.
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey
Recording Defaults can't be set to exceed 5 mins, eg. you can't have 2 mins before and 5 mins after, the most I can have is 2 mins before and 3 mins after..
|
They don't even seem to be working consistently. Very strange.
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 15:34
|
#65
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey
... the most I can have is 2 mins before and 3 mins after...
|
Though, to be fair, I've never needed more than that
(Live events excepted of course  )
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 15:44
|
#66
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cambs
Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
Posts: 1,094
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
LOL!!!! Passingbat and Carl, nope I do not have concrete evidence, how on earth would I be able to provide that?! Perhaps I will e-mail Virgin and have them send out all their comments so I sift through them.
I was foolish enough to base that statement what I had read on these pages, and the various comments on the virginmedia community forums.
Clearly VM can remove reminders from all those who have v+ as they are all sitting at home scratching their heads wondering why they need such pointless technology and will be happy to lose reminders, seeing as most people clearly don't want them!
Either of you care to prove how VM are pandering to the few (who may of wanted reminders) and ignoring the masses (who clearly don't)?
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 16:02
|
#67
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,666
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Why would anyone not want reminders?? If u don't want them don't use them, it's not taking away from anything else. If u want to use them use them, I know I will.
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 16:14
|
#68
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch
LOL!!!! Passingbat and Carl, nope I do not have concrete evidence, how on earth would I be able to provide that?! Perhaps I will e-mail Virgin and have them send out all their comments so I sift through them.
I was foolish enough to base that statement what I had read on these pages, and the various comments on the virginmedia community forums.
Clearly VM can remove reminders from all those who have v+ as they are all sitting at home scratching their heads wondering why they need such pointless technology and will be happy to lose reminders, seeing as most people clearly don't want them!
Either of you care to prove how VM are pandering to the few (who may of wanted reminders) and ignoring the masses (who clearly don't)?
|
You're the one that made the statement. Why should I proove or disprove a statement that you made?
Personally, I'd move on and forget about it. I am 
---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost
Why would anyone not want reminders?? If u don't want them don't use them, it's not taking away from anything else. If u want to use them use them, I know I will.
|
Having reminders will not affect my Tivo usage in any shape or form, so you are right in one aspect. But given that Tivo has 3 recordable tuners, some people felt that there was no need for them and the time and resources spent on adding reminders could have been better spent elsewhere on other Tivo improovments. But we now have reminders and I'm pleased for the people who wanted them.
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 16:21
|
#69
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch
Well, you certainly won't have that problem with sky, after all they cant even offer suggestions 
|
Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch
I don't know much about dynamic EPG, but I know my parents, who have sky+HD, moaned just the other day about a program they wanted to record, did not record because the previous program over ran  
|
That's probably because not all broadcasters use this facility , I've seen it in action on the Sky channels , BBC and ITV so it's far from perfect and reliant on the broadcaster sending the update through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch
Lost count when I was on sky of the amount programs that did not record because I lost the signal (thanks to that pesky wind and rain) no dynamic epg will save that 
|
You must have had a poorly installed dish , in my last 2 years of having Sky I've lost signal on two occasions and both were for under a minute.
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 16:22
|
#70
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,666
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Passingbat, cheers, no problem with your point of view at all. Think most people want reminders for sport so you don't miss the start of a game. You can get on with other stuff and rely on tv turning over for the match. People in the main want to see a game live. Strange I know but think it's true.
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 16:25
|
#71
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11
Yet
|
Not for a long time one would imagine.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 16:31
|
#72
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey
Got the update upon waking up this morning. Quite weird how the Recording Defaults can't be set to exceed 5 mins, eg. you can't have 2 mins before and 5 mins after, the most I can have is 2 mins before and 3 mins after. Bit strange, but a well needed feature.
|
Thinking about it more, these are just the 'defaults' and look as if they reflect the +1 and +4 that were previously there, but you can now spread the 5 minutes how you like. You will still be able to go in and change them for a specific recording or series link. It does seem strange that they didn't give a larger time choice though. Personally my defaults will be going to zero, so not a problem for me, but I did see a post by someone who likes +5 and +10, and you have to wonder why such a setting isn't an option.
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 16:34
|
#73
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch
LOL!!!! Passingbat and Carl, nope I do not have concrete evidence, how on earth would I be able to provide that?!
|
Then stop stating things as fact; which is what you did.
---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch
Either of you care to prove how VM are pandering to the few (who may of wanted reminders) and ignoring the masses (who clearly don't)?
|
No, but then I don't have to because I have never said they were.
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 17:18
|
#74
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nottingham
Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Posts: 701
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
So you can move the 5 minutes but cannot have more, that is crazy, V+ had better flexibility. What if you want a 15 minute overrun, Tivo cannot provide! Another great improvement turned into a c*ck up then.
|
|
|
14-08-2012, 17:33
|
#75
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice
So you can move the 5 minutes but cannot have more, that is crazy, V+ had better flexibility. What if you want a 15 minute overrun, Tivo cannot provide! Another great improvement turned into a c*ck up then.
|
I've not had the update, but from the two posts on here, it's looking that way.
Presumably, you can add the 15 minute overrun for a specific recording or series link, but not as a global default.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:35.
|