Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq
What does a tracert to 192.168.100.1 show?
You need to set your real WAN gateway on VM's network, not what GM said.
|
The three variables the Draytek asks for are:
1. Destination IP Address
2. Subnet Mask
3. Gateway IP Address
For No.2, the Subnet Mask, if I enter 255.255.255.255 it is fine. If I try 255.255.255.0 it automatically changes it to 255.255.255.255
If I put 192.168.100.1 into both IP boxes, using TRACERT I get:
C:\Users\Kevin>tracert 192.168.100.1
Tracing route to 192.168.100.1 over a maximum of 30 hops
1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms rc005a8498.blueyonder [192.168.102.254]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
192.168.102.254 is the IP address of the Draytek router.
If I look up the VM Gateway (via the System Status page of the Draytek) it seems to be 82.33.182.1
So I then put:
1 = 192.168.100.1
2 = 255.255.255.255
3 = 82.33.182.1
I get the same TRACERT result:
C:\Users\Kevin>tracert 192.168.100.1
Tracing route to 192.168.100.1 over a maximum of 30 hops
1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms rc005a8498.blueyonder [192.168.102.254]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
Also my Internet conection stops working, so I'm probably sending things in a loop!