15-06-2012, 11:44
|
#16
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,618
|
Re: The Tivo Effect
Love the room it offers - but then never "filled" my V+
Also the look of it. Ill stop here before young Den has a go!!
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
15-06-2012, 11:49
|
#17
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: The Tivo Effect
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim
Love the room it offers - but then never "filled" my V+
Also the look of it. Ill stop here before young Den has a go!!
|
Come Itshim you don't want to be frightened of little old me as l am a real pussycat really. 
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
15-06-2012, 12:51
|
#18
|
|
Guest
Location: West Sussex
Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: The Tivo Effect
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone
Come Itshim you don't want to be frightened of little old me as l am a real pussycat really.  
|
And a great cook
|
|
|
|
15-06-2012, 13:07
|
#19
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,618
|
Re: The Tivo Effect
Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer
And a great cook 
|
That raises a lot of questions 
---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone
Come Itshim you don't want to be frightened of little old me as l am a real pussycat really.  
|
I am more worried about you blood pressure 
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
15-06-2012, 13:16
|
#20
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: The Tivo Effect
Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer
And a great cook 
|
Well l do my best but l am no Raymond Blanc. 
---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:14 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim
That raises a lot of questions 
---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------
I am more worried about you blood pressure  
|
No need to worry about my blood pressure as its permanently on the lower side of normal.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
15-06-2012, 14:24
|
#21
|
|
Guest
Location: West Sussex
Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: The Tivo Effect
Heh heh. Mine is borderline
|
|
|
|
16-06-2012, 00:44
|
#22
|
|
Guest
Location: West Sussex
Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: The Tivo Effect
The Tivo effect, hmm. mp4 encoding is more efficient than the V+ mpeg2. Makes better use of the available hard drive capacity. Still a clunky interface though. Slowly getting used to it. The V+ is now in the bedroom and I have to put the bedside light on to use the remote. The Tivo in the lounge I can now use with my eyes closed. (Up to the point where I need to watch the programme that is)
|
|
|
|
16-06-2012, 09:32
|
#23
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: The Tivo Effect
Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer
The Tivo effect, hmm. mp4 encoding is more efficient than the V+ mpeg2. Makes better use of the available hard drive capacity.
|
All broadcast channels on VM are MPEG2. TiVo doesn't re-encode them.
MPEG4 is only used for some on-demand content, which you can't record anyway.
|
|
|
16-06-2012, 10:41
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Crawley
Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
Posts: 632
|
Re: The Tivo Effect
I found a similar problem here.
I watch Hawaii Five-0 on Sky 1 HD but it is usually a good two or three weeks later that I watch them. One of the recent episodes was a crossover with NCIS: Los Angeles. Well I don't watch NCIS: Los Angeles so I was a little annoyed when I found it was a two parter but that the second part was done on NCIS. As I don't watch it, it didn't record!
I trawled through on demand listings, on all our three boxes' suggestions but nothing. I found the episode when using the search facility but it showed that this episode wasn't due to be on TV (or available on demand). I still haven't seen it!
|
|
|
16-06-2012, 11:14
|
#25
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Apr 2008
Services: V6 with Maxit, Sky Sports HD, TNT Sports, Sky Cinema. 250Mb broadband, Talk Anytime.
Posts: 645
|
Re: The Tivo Effect
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh
Yup we have stuff recorded over a year back now. Some we want to keep, some we just haven't watched yet. There is so much space on the box.
|
We had this same problem on our (now-replaced) Scientific Atlanta V+ - several programs dating back several years that were being kept. We stuck with what was clearly an ageing box for a long time because of it.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:44.
|