Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Iffy TiVo Service in Ipswich

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Iffy TiVo Service in Ipswich
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2012, 21:16   #1
200thhorseman
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ipswich
Services: 30Mb Broadband, TiVo, V+, M Phone and Two Virgin Mobiles
Posts: 22
200thhorseman is an unknown quantity at this point
Iffy TiVo Service in Ipswich

Dear all,

Is anyone else in Ipswich (or anywhere for that matter) having trouble with their TiVo signal?

I am finding that some channels such as Gold (which I guess have a lower bandwidth) tend to break up and pixellate regularly during an average evening's viewing. I also find that on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings I get the 'Network Availability' message at the top of the guide screen, and the two times that I have tried to watch a movie on demand it has bombed out and I have had to restart it two or three times.

I have a V+ box upstairs in the bedroom and it works faultlessly at all times.

I know that Virgin are currently upgrading the network and they haven't done my street yet. I was going to give them until the upgrade is finished before I start making noise about this (just in case this is a network capacity issue).

I am not all that impressed with what I am getting for my money from Virgin at the moment. I also have 30Meg broadband and I am having trouble with my Superhub as well!

Rob
200thhorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-04-2012, 21:27   #2
andy_m
cf.mega poster
 
andy_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Iffy TiVo Service in Ipswich

Obviously the best course of action is to report it to Virgin, after all, it can't be a network issue if there's no problem with the v+. Be sure to check back and let us know how you get on...
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 21:48   #3
Firmsky
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ipswich
Services: Ultimate ooomph
Posts: 402
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future
Re: Iffy TiVo Service in Ipswich

No problem in IP1, two TiVo's and both are fine.
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 22:20   #4
Chad
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Iffy TiVo Service in Ipswich

I lost connection to my TiVo just after the Apprentice for about a hour. The suggestion bar at the top of the screen had a message telling me connection lost plus a massive "!" Couldn't watch catch up TV or access You Tube etc... Seems to be working fine again now.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 13:38.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum