Superhub as modem and old 10meg Netgear router as 'router'
15-04-2012, 22:20
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 24
|
Superhub as modem and old 10meg Netgear router as 'router'
Hey guys, I was having an outage earlier today. I received the Network Access: denied status on the superhub page. I decided to chance my arm and put it on modem mode with my old Netgear. It worked!
On to the topic: Will I still get my 50mb speeds through a Wired connection or can the Netgear router not handle it?
Model WGR614v9
|
|
|
15-04-2012, 22:45
|
#2
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,929
|
Re: Superhub as modem and old 10meg Netgear router as 'router'
call VM for a replacement SuperHub.
and spec wise it should be able to handle 50meg wired although I wouldn't trust it. I'd buy an upgrade router if your going to use your own.
__________________
“Never ask a liar why they lied. To explain it, they'd have to lie again”
Fernando Hidalgo
|
|
|
16-04-2012, 06:02
|
#3
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Superhub as modem and old 10meg Netgear router as 'router'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny C 2k
Hey guys, I was having an outage earlier today. I received the Network Access: denied status on the superhub page. I decided to chance my arm and put it on modem mode with my old Netgear. It worked!
On to the topic: Will I still get my 50mb speeds through a Wired connection or can the Netgear router not handle it?
Model WGR614v9
|
That router is a g so only good for a maximum of 25Mb, why not buy yourself a decent N router instead.
|
|
|
16-04-2012, 13:38
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 260
|
Re: Superhub as modem and old 10meg Netgear router as 'router'
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry
call VM for a replacement SuperHub.
and spec wise it should be able to handle 50meg wired although I wouldn't trust it. I'd buy an upgrade router if your going to use your own.
|
Why do you always suggest replacing the SuperHub? It could be a network fault for all we know. Usually it is. I've had this a few times and had to wait a few hours for my connection to return.
|
|
|
16-04-2012, 15:18
|
#5
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,929
|
Re: Superhub as modem and old 10meg Netgear router as 'router'
i dont always suggest replacing the SuperHub.
how could modem mode fix a local or national network fault?
__________________
“Never ask a liar why they lied. To explain it, they'd have to lie again”
Fernando Hidalgo
|
|
|
16-04-2012, 15:25
|
#6
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stafford
Posts: 4,225
|
Re: Superhub as modem and old 10meg Netgear router as 'router'
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry
i dont always suggest replacing the SuperHub.
|
You do most of the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry
how could modem mode fix a local or national network fault?
|
the modem mode more likely forced a re-connect (it reboots itself when you change mode)
|
|
|
16-04-2012, 15:36
|
#7
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,929
|
Re: Superhub as modem and old 10meg Netgear router as 'router'
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12
You do most of the time 
|
no i dont.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12
the modem mode more likely forced a re-connect (it reboots itself when you change mode)
|
a call to VM would have them test the connection. a reset would force a reconnect. again if its a network end fault and not the bugged SH glitching how could switching modes, resetting the SH cure the problem?
__________________
“Never ask a liar why they lied. To explain it, they'd have to lie again”
Fernando Hidalgo
|
|
|
16-04-2012, 18:43
|
#8
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stafford
Posts: 4,225
|
Re: Superhub as modem and old 10meg Netgear router as 'router'
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry
a call to VM would have them test the connection. a reset would force a reconnect. again if its a network end fault and not the bugged SH glitching how could switching modes, resetting the SH cure the problem?
|
more like maintenance, the superhub wasnt allowed access to the network, I think it retries a couple of times, then doesnt bother, so a reboot, which was done by changing into modem mode, got it to reconnect
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:10.
|