Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
indeed, I am assuming wiki is wrong as it should be classified info. Building an airbase for 4 planes doesnt make sense. Or maybe there was originally much more planes then cuts after cuts dwindled it down.
I am just assuming also tho that there is more info than I know as people seem confident somehow the island is heavily defended.
|
The island is defended heavily enough to deter all but the most lunatic of generals. And the infrastructure is robust enough for the defences to be strengthened if there were ever a reason to do so.
RAF Mount Pleasant was not built for four planes. It just so happens that the current threat level only requires four planes.
As for four not being enough - this isn't the Battle of Britain. It is no longer necessary to launch waves of dozens of aircraft to mount an effective attack (or defence).