ASA points out to Virgin Media that latency is not download speed
20-10-2011, 17:58
|
#31
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
Posts: 5,536
|
Re: ASA points out to Virgin Media that latency is not download speed
That might explain how bad my gaming was when I took the 50 service.
Only reason i upgraded was for gaming,hence my dropping it after a year of poor gaming service
|
|
|
21-10-2011, 09:55
|
#32
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 44
|
Re: ASA points out to Virgin Media that latency is not download speed
Six friends of mine have now got out of a 12 month contract with VM because of this(they are gamers)
Well done ASA....hold on..why is this not on the Home page where we see the new news?
|
|
|
21-10-2011, 10:34
|
#33
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,572
|
Re: ASA points out to Virgin Media that latency is not download speed
Why do you think it's not on the homepage news?
|
|
|
21-10-2011, 12:43
|
#34
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: nowhere near you
Services: BT INFINITY
sky hd
Posts: 158
|
Re: ASA points out to Virgin Media that latency is not download speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Why do you think it's not on the homepage news?
|
EERRR Dont know you tell us
|
|
|
21-10-2011, 13:54
|
#35
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,572
|
Re: ASA points out to Virgin Media that latency is not download speed
I'm happy to, I'm just interested to hear the conspiracy theories first.
|
|
|
21-10-2011, 15:45
|
#36
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,098
|
Re: ASA points out to Virgin Media that latency is not download speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I'm happy to, I'm just interested to hear the conspiracy theories first. 
|
Which takes us 360 deg to post 3
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
21-10-2011, 16:07
|
#37
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Services: Plusnet FTTC,
FoxSat HDR for TV,
Vonage VOIP.
Posts: 2,082
|
Re: ASA points out to Virgin Media that latency is not download speed
Well as there are 4 articles from the 19th, this is genuine news concerning VM and was pointed out to the site at least a couple of days ago and still isn't there I can only assume it doesn't meet the site's editorial guidelines.
|
|
|
21-10-2011, 16:20
|
#38
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,098
|
Re: ASA points out to Virgin Media that latency is not download speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks
I can only assume it doesn't meet the site's editorial guidelines.
|
Good answer
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
21-10-2011, 16:40
|
#39
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,572
|
Re: ASA points out to Virgin Media that latency is not download speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks
Well as there are 4 articles from the 19th, this is genuine news concerning VM and was pointed out to the site at least a couple of days ago and still isn't there I can only assume it doesn't meet the site's editorial guidelines.
|
A well-reasoned answer, but not the right one.
The truth is, I have a massive backlog of news items that I have started clearing this week. The ones dated 19th October on our news page are stories that broke throughout the first half of this month. In the next day or three I'll manage to get all the rest of them up.
However: All the items I post up are based on my daily Google news email subscription which is based on the keywords 'Virgin Media'. So the ASA story would have to have been covered elsewhere before I would spot it and be in a position to add it here. Obviously there is a thread on it here now, which means I'm aware of the story and can write something up for it even if I don't find anything on it as I go through my emails.
But in future, if you ever find there's a story missing from our news pages, the reason will be some combination of the factors above, not a decision that it fails to meet our editorial guidelines ... not least because we don't have any editorial guidelines, other than that the story needs to be directly relevant to VM or its industry.
HTH.
|
|
|
21-10-2011, 17:37
|
#40
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
Posts: 5,536
|
Re: ASA points out to Virgin Media that latency is not download speed
i think there is a conspiracy not to have a conspiracy
|
|
|
21-10-2011, 17:55
|
#41
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: nowhere near you
Services: BT INFINITY
sky hd
Posts: 158
|
Re: ASA points out to Virgin Media that latency is not download speed
[QUOTE]I have a massive backlog of news items/QUOTE]
I wonder why ?
|
|
|
21-10-2011, 18:33
|
#42
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,572
|
Re: ASA points out to Virgin Media that latency is not download speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowei
I wonder why ?
|
Aargh ok I admit it, I've been stuffing them under my mattress in the hope they'll go away, I'm such a VM fanboy I can't bear to write anything bad about them.
|
|
|
21-10-2011, 18:45
|
#43
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: nowhere near you
Services: BT INFINITY
sky hd
Posts: 158
|
Re: ASA points out to Virgin Media that latency is not download speed
And theres me thinking you stuff them somewhere else?
little did i know
|
|
|
21-10-2011, 19:18
|
#44
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Services: Plusnet FTTC,
FoxSat HDR for TV,
Vonage VOIP.
Posts: 2,082
|
Re: ASA points out to Virgin Media that latency is not download speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
A well-reasoned answer, but not the right one.
|
TBH I didn't expect it to be. I thought you were going to say that whoever it is that put up all the news stories was ill but thought I may as well suggest what the various hinters have been getting at
|
|
|
21-10-2011, 20:42
|
#45
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,053
|
Re: ASA points out to Virgin Media that latency is not download speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowei
Quote:
|
I have a massive backlog of news items
|
I wonder why ?
|
Perhaps because he has a day job, and writes the articles in his spare time (family commitments permitting)......
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:15.
|