19-10-2011, 11:57
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
VIP50 to VIP100
Just looking for some info.
I've currently got VIP50 but just noticed today that 100Mb broadband has finally arrived in my area.
Can anyone help with the following:
1. Will I need a new modem & router?
2. What charge if any will there be for upgrading from VIP50 to VIP100?
3. What will my new monthly repayment be?
Any info would be a great help. I've had a look around the Virgin website, and I'm sure all the info will be there, however the regular posters in this thread are a much better resource.
|
|
|
19-10-2011, 12:07
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: VIP50 to VIP100
1)If you have a SuperHub, no. If you don't, yes
2)You would need to speak to Virgin about that. They were doing free install for 50 > 100Mbit, so you might just have to pay activation of £30
3) If you have no additional services on top of the standard bundle it would be £111.46
|
|
|
19-10-2011, 12:35
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 16
|
Slightly off topic but can you still get vip20? And if so what is the price?
Thanks in advance for any help
|
|
|
19-10-2011, 12:55
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: VIP50 to VIP100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornsurvivorxx
Slightly off topic but can you still get vip20? And if so what is the price?
Thanks in advance for any help
|
VIP 20? Probably not. There is VIP with 30Mbit but it's not worth it as you don't get the TiVo fee or the Sky HD included and once you add them in it becomes more expensive than VIP with 50Mbit
|
|
|
19-10-2011, 17:45
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Services: Everything, sold my soul to Virgin!
Posts: 144
|
Re: VIP50 to VIP100
I'm getting the upgrade from 50 to 100 on Friday 4th November. No activation fee and free installation. £111.46 per month.
You should be able to get this as we're in roughly the same area, I'm in Bo'ness btw.
|
|
|
19-10-2011, 18:30
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: VIP50 to VIP100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlyboy
I'm getting the upgrade from 50 to 100 on Friday 4th November. No activation fee and free installation. £111.46 per month.
You should be able to get this as we're in roughly the same area, I'm in Bo'ness btw.
|
I'm in Bo'ness too
|
|
|
19-10-2011, 23:05
|
#7
|
|
This tastes nice
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hindley Green Wigan
Services: TV360/1gb internet
Posts: 571
|
Re: VIP50 to VIP100
I am thinking of upgrading from 50 to 100 but might wait a while as 50meg will have to do for now due to financial reasons.
__________________
I once had Amnesia, i remember it well !!!
|
|
|
20-10-2011, 12:19
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Services: Everything, sold my soul to Virgin!
Posts: 144
|
Re: VIP50 to VIP100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
I'm in Bo'ness too 
|
So it's YOU who's been hogging the bandwith?!!
Actually it was probably me judging by the slap on the wrist I got from VM a few months ago
|
|
|
21-10-2011, 14:00
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Crawley
Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
Posts: 632
|
Re: VIP50 to VIP100
This has just become available in our area too but whenever I phone up the upgrade number I get through to the national broadband team and then passed onto the cable team but just sit there on hold.
---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------
Well I have eventually got through but have been told it is not available at my address. If I select my address from the postcode checker on the VM website though it tells me it is available. I checked on the postcode checker last weekend and it wasn't available but thought I would have a look today and now it is. Perhaps someone should tell the sales team! What shall I do?!
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:22.
|