converting avi to mov and reducing iphone recorded video
27-07-2011, 12:21
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canvey Island, Essex
Services: SERVICES FROM 26/08/05
TV XL services
2MB BROADBRAND
UNLIMITED TALK PACKAGE
V+ Service (Since 18
Posts: 1,195
|
converting avi to mov and reducing iphone recorded video
Hi,
Could anyone recommend a good converting program? Preferrably freeware. I have some avi files that I need to convert to mov. I also have iphone recorded movies which I would like to reduce in file size to make it more suitable for streaming over the net. What I want to do with these videos is stick them on my website and stream them. I dont want ot use youtube as its family home videos.
|
|
|
27-07-2011, 12:39
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Services: VM TVM HD, BBL, phone; BT phone; Freeview.
Posts: 982
|
Re: converting avi to mov and reducing iphone recorded video
I get good results from Avidemux. It can also merge videos and apply a variety of filters while converting. There's a "target video size" option too which looks useful to you.
http://www.avidemux.org/
|
|
|
27-07-2011, 14:22
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canvey Island, Essex
Services: SERVICES FROM 26/08/05
TV XL services
2MB BROADBRAND
UNLIMITED TALK PACKAGE
V+ Service (Since 18
Posts: 1,195
|
Re: converting avi to mov and reducing iphone recorded video
OK downloaded it and had a look at reducing the size of on of my iphone video. I cant find the "convert" button or target size. Does that that actually convert the files to mov?
|
|
|
27-07-2011, 14:39
|
#4
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kairdiff-by-the-sea
Age: 70
Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Posts: 10,539
|
Re: converting avi to mov and reducing iphone recorded video
Freemake Video Convertor
http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/
It'll also allow you to join vids together.
Free of course.
|
|
|
27-07-2011, 15:28
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Services: VM TVM HD, BBL, phone; BT phone; Freeview.
Posts: 982
|
Re: converting avi to mov and reducing iphone recorded video
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyCable
OK downloaded it and had a look at reducing the size of on of my iphone video. I cant find the "convert" button or target size. Does that that actually convert the files to mov?
|
OK - you've called my bluff. Although Avidemux uses Quicktime for its display, it doesn't seem to offer mov as an output format. Oops!
|
|
|
27-07-2011, 15:42
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canvey Island, Essex
Services: SERVICES FROM 26/08/05
TV XL services
2MB BROADBRAND
UNLIMITED TALK PACKAGE
V+ Service (Since 18
Posts: 1,195
|
Re: converting avi to mov and reducing iphone recorded video
Neither does Freemake
|
|
|
27-07-2011, 16:08
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Services: VM TVM HD, BBL, phone; BT phone; Freeview.
Posts: 982
|
Re: converting avi to mov and reducing iphone recorded video
Have a look at VLC media player. http://www.videolan.org
I've just converted an avi file to mov and played it with the Quicktime player.
|
|
|
27-07-2011, 17:21
|
#8
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,232
|
Re: converting avi to mov and reducing iphone recorded video
Super will do all you need and it is free
http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html
d/l link at bottom of page
|
|
|
27-07-2011, 17:23
|
#9
|
|
Guest
|
Re: converting avi to mov and reducing iphone recorded video
I'd recommend converting to mp4 which plays on essentially anything and using HandBrake to do so. Use the H.264 codec and you'll get very small filesizes and near perfect quality.
|
|
|
|
27-07-2011, 20:24
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canvey Island, Essex
Services: SERVICES FROM 26/08/05
TV XL services
2MB BROADBRAND
UNLIMITED TALK PACKAGE
V+ Service (Since 18
Posts: 1,195
|
Re: converting avi to mov and reducing iphone recorded video
mp4, how well is that support across browsers. I need to support iphones and older ie versions.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:44.
|