Health Secretary office vandalised in cambridgeshire
01-04-2011, 18:03
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,134
|
Health Secretary office vandalised in cambridgeshire
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-12940186
Although you cant condone violence maybe the idiot will get the message that its wrong.
Alot things going on are being used by tory to push through some horrible reforms on pretence the country cant afford it.
Its horrible fact in life though that when things get heated they listen. The last time when poll tax demo's the government did nothing. However when they became national riots thats when they listened.
Sadly peacefull demo's nobody listens.
I wondering people are so fed up they dont care anymore and the increase violence shows people are at the end of there tether.
How long will it be before we see middle eastern types of demo's here.
|
|
|
01-04-2011, 18:11
|
#2
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,574
|
Re: Health Secretary office vandalised in cambridgeshire
Obviously you do condone criminal damage as a legitimate means of protest in a mature, multi-party democracy.
How very insulting of you to try to draw parallels between the UK and Libya, Syria and Bahrain. If you tried to make that point to any of those who have been injured, or lost someone close to them, in the cause of ending decades of dictatorship, you would be laughed out of town.
|
|
|
01-04-2011, 18:23
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,134
|
Re: Health Secretary office vandalised in cambridgeshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Obviously you do condone criminal damage as a legitimate means of protest in a mature, multi-party democracy.
How very insulting of you to try to draw parallels between the UK and Libya, Syria and Bahrain. If you tried to make that point to any of those who have been injured, or lost someone close to them, in the cause of ending decades of dictatorship, you would be laughed out of town.
|
You may scoff The coalition is not legit government we had no say if libs went with cons or lab. Many who voted libs did not vote cons policies.
There alot people very angry at this coalition who to say it wont deteriorate to violence. I hope myself it dont but we cant say never.
Some of those nations was deemed similar in people was very content/peacefull and its been shock some of those went up.
If this government hell bent in terrorising working class helping the rich then there going to be nasty sting for sure. Especially if we end up in another recession and private sector dont create jobs to oversee the job losses.
|
|
|
01-04-2011, 18:31
|
#4
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,574
|
Re: Health Secretary office vandalised in cambridgeshire
You can huff and puff all you like ... at the end of the day the view you're expressing is just typical of a certain constituency on the British Left, that likes democracy until it produces the 'wrong' result, then anything goes.
To suggest there is any possibility whatsoever of the UK experiencing the same sort of violence, for the same sorts of reasons, is a desperately immature excuse for political analysis. Either that or it's a disturbing piece of wishful thinking.
If you don't like coalition politics, the most constructive democratic thing you can do is vote against AV in the referendum next month, because proportional systems, even ones that are only ever so slightly proportional like AV, lead to more frequent and more complex coalitions.
|
|
|
01-04-2011, 18:31
|
#5
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Health Secretary office vandalised in cambridgeshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mertle
You may scoff The coalition is not legit government we had no say if libs went with cons or lab. Many who voted libs did not vote cons policies.
There alot people very angry at this coalition who to say it wont deteriorate to violence. I hope myself it dont but we cant say never.
Some of those nations was deemed similar in people was very content/peacefull and its been shock some of those went up.
If this government hell bent in terrorising working class helping the rich then there going to be nasty sting for sure. Especially if we end up in another recession and private sector dont create jobs to oversee the job losses.
|
That is our system of government though ,if there isn't a big enough majority then a coalition is formed between the two parties with the biggest majority .you can't blame the gvernment for that it's the voters that vote not the government
|
|
|
|
01-04-2011, 19:50
|
#6
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,099
|
Re: Health Secretary office vandalised in cambridgeshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrtle
You may scoff The coalition is not legit government we had no say if libs went with cons or lab. Many who voted libs did not vote cons policies.
There alot people very angry at this coalition who to say it wont deteriorate to violence. I hope myself it dont but we cant say never.
Some of those nations was deemed similar in people was very content/peaceful and its been shock some of those went up.
If this government hell bent in terrorising working class helping the rich then there going to be nasty sting for sure. Especially if we end up in another recession and private sector dont create jobs to oversee the job losses.
|
Maybe if more people had gotten off there arses and voted we would not be in this position, So i hope those that could not be bothered to vote are not the idiots complaining.
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
01-04-2011, 20:16
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,134
|
Re: Health Secretary office vandalised in cambridgeshire
Agreed Sirius always voted never failed. Whats the solution if we force people to vote. They could vote the looney party in as protest. So not sure forcing to vote is way forth.
Then again we maybe should have had Richard Prior VOTE NONE of THE ABOVE in the election. Both sides of major parties was corrupt getting monies on expenses. All MP's are the same line there pockets buy votes from businesses etc.
Maybe the whole corruption off it all got people sick to death of the all felt was not worth voting anybody.
There graph showing voting over the years.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8500971.stm
Some think the new voting system will help improve voting but not sure.
Like someone said that the coalisition was formed legally maybe so but surely its right to go to the people for theyre blessing.
Would argue that people should have a right on manifesto's. In some countries they vote on policies as well as the party. That way you get better balance.
Probably need a reform but not the one which is being proposed in may.
I dont think we could argued if consertative was in power by right but all these policies squeezing vunerable. The NHS reforms, Education and the squeeze on jobs is clearly causing unrest.
I think this country like a touch paper and one spark too far and we can guess waht will happen.
|
|
|
01-04-2011, 20:39
|
#8
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Health Secretary office vandalised in cambridgeshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mertle
I think this country like a touch paper and one spark too far and we can guess waht will happen.
|
I don't think it's that bad ,the thing you have to remember is that in this country there will always be activists looking for a cause to fight even in the good times ,mostly in good and bad times the general public just get on with it
|
|
|
|
02-04-2011, 09:59
|
#9
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Health Secretary office vandalised in cambridgeshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius
Maybe if more people had gotten off there arses and voted we would not be in this position, So i hope those that could not be bothered to vote are not the idiots complaining.
|
Oh I so agree..I'm still thinking how many were saying here on CF that they couldn't be arsed to go and vote.
Well they have discovered why they shouldn't leave the burden and onus to others do do their civic duty.
I at least voted however badly things turn out so I have EVERY right to bitch or shout out about what I do or do not like about the government.
If anyone is feeling cross about the government but DIDN'T vote go boil your head because every vote does damn well matter.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
02-04-2011, 10:01
|
#10
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Health Secretary office vandalised in cambridgeshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J
Oh I so agree..I'm still thinking how many were saying here on CF that they couldn't be arsed to go and vote.
Well they have discovered why they shouldn't leave the burden and onus to others do do their civic duty.
I at least voted however badly things turn out so I have EVERY right to bitch or shout out about what I do or do not like about the government.
If anyone is feeling cross about the government but DIDN'T vote go boil your head because every vote does damn well matter. 
|
 
|
|
|
|
02-04-2011, 10:12
|
#11
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: Health Secretary office vandalised in cambridgeshire
I remember being told in the voting thread that as I didn't vote for one of the big three it was a wasted vote and I shouldn't have bothered.....
As I see it if I made the effort to vote THAT is not a wasted one because i DID make the effort.
|
|
|
02-04-2011, 10:22
|
#12
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Health Secretary office vandalised in cambridgeshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
I remember being told in the voting thread that as I didn't vote for one of the big three it was a wasted vote and I shouldn't have bothered.....
As I see it if I made the effort to vote THAT is not a wasted one because i DID make the effort.
|
absolutely correct ,the point of having the vote is to vote for your own personal preference not who other people think you should be voting for
you voted for a legitimate party therefore you have the right to complain ....whinge away
|
|
|
|
02-04-2011, 11:45
|
#13
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,099
|
Re: Health Secretary office vandalised in cambridgeshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J
Oh I so agree..I'm still thinking how many were saying here on CF that they couldn't be arsed to go and vote.
Well they have discovered why they shouldn't leave the burden and onus to others do do their civic duty.
I at least voted however badly things turn out so I have EVERY right to bitch or shout out about what I do or do not like about the government.
If anyone is feeling cross about the government but DIDN'T vote go boil your head because every vote does damn well matter. 
|
Well said
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:13.
|