Barclays records most complaints for banking services
30-03-2011, 21:32
|
#1
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Barclays records most complaints for banking services
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12908236
Quote:
Barclays has been named the UK's most complained-about financial institution during the second half of 2010.
According to figures from banking watchdog FSA, more than 294,891 complaints were made about Barclays during the period.
|
I'm not surprised.I'm also not surprised that..
Quote:
|
Runner up was Spanish bank Santander with just over 165,000 complaints for its banking services.
|
However.
Quote:
Barclays took the top spot as reports surfaced, once again, that it is considering moving its headquarters to New York because of increased regulation in the UK.
An article in the Wall Street Journal said Barclays had had preliminary conversations with US regulatory officials on a move.
|
If they do then I will finally move my overdraft over to Nationwide or the Co-Op bank.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
30-03-2011, 21:44
|
#2
|
|
Remoaner
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 33,021
|
Re: Barclays records most complaints for banking services
Quote:
|
Natwest came fourth with 87,271 complaints.
|
Ugh. Bet we still have to be subjected to those dreadful 'helpful banking' adverts with the overtly 'friendly' bank staff.
|
|
|
30-03-2011, 21:47
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Virgin Islands
Age: 81
Services: VM Phone
152 Meg.
Posts: 1,552
|
Re: Barclays records most complaints for banking services
Barclays (and Oldham Council) should be given full marks for employing the unemployable, of course as a consequence customers will get a poor standard of service but you have to offset this with the overall benefit to the community as a whole, keeping them off the streets etc..
|
|
|
30-03-2011, 22:13
|
#4
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: Barclays records most complaints for banking services
I remember one conversation with a friend of mine. He spent about forty minutes ranting on about how Barclays have totally buggered everything up, how they were awful and the worst bank ever.
He finished up by asking me when I was planning to switch to them. Funnily enough, I said never..
|
|
|
31-03-2011, 13:10
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Peterborough
Services: Virgin Media XL
Broadband XL
Virgin Mobile
V+ installed!
and a happy Virgin Media customer
Posts: 2,560
|
Re: Barclays records most complaints for banking services
I have a business account with Barclays (although my personal account is Nationwide).
My business representative couldn't do more for me - and the staff at the small branch office I go to are always very pleasant.
I am surprised that Santander did not sweep the board with complaints.
HSBC I have found also lacks customer service and knowledge - since they've turned most of their banks into lobbies with cash machines..
|
|
|
31-03-2011, 13:38
|
#6
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 12,050
|
Re: Barclays records most complaints for banking services
funny, the regulations been setup to keep the banks in check as they completely wrecked the economy, and they simply proving to the world they refuse to learn from their mistakes and put a check on their greed by fighting the regulations. This just shows they want to go back to what they were doing pre crash.
|
|
|
31-03-2011, 16:10
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northants
Age: 82
Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro
Sky Talk
Sky+HD
Posts: 5,122
|
Re: Barclays records most complaints for banking services
Touch wood, I have always banked with Barclays and have never had any problems.
Just lucky I guess.
|
|
|
31-03-2011, 16:16
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lincoln UK
Age: 77
Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Posts: 3,673
|
Re: Barclays records most complaints for banking services
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher
Touch wood, I have always banked with Barclays and have never had any problems.
Just lucky I guess.
|
Me too, I've had business and personal accounts with them for years and have always found them helpful and efficient.
If I had to fault them it would be the modern trend to try and sell you 'product' whenever you walk in the door, but I don't think that's unique to Barclays by any means.
|
|
|
31-03-2011, 17:20
|
#9
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,574
|
Re: Barclays records most complaints for banking services
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
Ugh. Bet we still have to be subjected to those dreadful 'helpful banking' adverts with the overtly 'friendly' bank staff.
|
It could be worse. At least you don't face the chance of seeing that advert on ITV2, then switching over to ITV1 (or STV, as they still insist on calling it up here) and seeing exactly the same advert, except with staff reading the lines in RBS uniforms. Mind you, I think Ken Stott's version of the voice-over is marginally friendlier than Paul McGann's.
|
|
|
01-04-2011, 07:31
|
#10
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Barclays records most complaints for banking services
Used to have accounts with TSB and HSBC and now have only two with Barclays and they have been great, never had a single problem with them and always found them as helpful as they could be when i have had a problem. As for the other two wouldn't urinate on them if they were on fire numerous account problems including the so called "phantom withdrawal" and other irregularities which always seemed to be my fault or that of my family even when it was impossible for it to have been. Guess we all have our own experiences of these things but you couldn't drag me away from Barclays.
|
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:19.
|