Having a pet in the bed is not a good idea
21-01-2011, 16:35
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cambridge
Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
Posts: 4,349
|
Having a pet in the bed is not a good idea
Carrying on a theme developed in the "Bring back fox hunting" thread, the pet owners amongst you might find this article alarming.
Quote:
|
In one case a 69-year-old man, whose dog slept under the covers with him and licked his hip replacement wound, came down with meningitis....
|
Quote:
|
...Another incident involved a 9-year-old boy who got plague, ..., from sleeping with his flea-infested cat.
|
Not only that, but...
Quote:
|
It's not only animals giving infections to people, it looks like people can infect animals, too...
|
I wonder if my goldfish will be alright...
http://consumer.healthday.com/Article.asp?AID=649011
|
|
|
21-01-2011, 17:08
|
#2
|
|
Mum 30/09/20 Dad 08/08/24
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 57
Services: 2 x TiVo 360s, SH5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Posts: 17,396
|
Re: Having a pet in the bed is not a good idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm
I wonder if my goldfish will be alright... 
|
Well people have slept with the fishes and it wasn't
__________________
I'm a Trustee for a local charity
|
|
|
21-01-2011, 17:25
|
#3
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Luton
Services: Sky
Posts: 1,689
|
Re: Having a pet in the bed is not a good idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm
I wonder if my goldfish will be alright... 
|
be careful you may get fin rot.
|
|
|
21-01-2011, 17:40
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Age: 47
Services: XXL BB XL TV XL Phone
Posts: 3
|
Re: Having a pet in the bed is not a good idea
I never let my dog in the bed, always have to shout at the mrs for letting him in the bed room.
I have pet snakes and lizards too, wouldnt really wanna share a bed with these big guys or may end up as breakfast
|
|
|
21-01-2011, 23:34
|
#5
|
|
step on my trip
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,766
|
Re: Having a pet in the bed is not a good idea
i don't allow the dog upstairs to all or even on the sofa - it's disgusting.... i can't understand these people who let animals sleep on / in their bed...
__________________
“Most people don’t listen to understand. They listen to reply. Be different.”
- Jefferson Fisher
|
|
|
24-01-2011, 15:25
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,375
|
Re: Having a pet in the bed is not a good idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm
|
A dog licks a wound and he gets meningitis? Hardly a conclusive correlation. Much the same with the plague and a cat's fleas.
I wonder if my goldfish will be alright...
|
|
|
24-01-2011, 15:35
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Age: 62
Posts: 15,868
|
Re: Having a pet in the bed is not a good idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm
I wonder if my goldfish will be alright...
|
Do you have a water bed or something
|
|
|
27-03-2011, 12:19
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cambridge
Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
Posts: 4,349
|
Re: Having a pet in the bed is not a good idea
That cute little pussy can harbour some nasty germs...
Quote:
Is your cat making you sick?
...Toxoplasmosis...Cat scratch disease...Ringworm...Campylobacter and Salmonella
...
|
http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net...our-health.htm
|
|
|
27-03-2011, 14:35
|
#9
|
|
Mum 30/09/20 Dad 08/08/24
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 57
Services: 2 x TiVo 360s, SH5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Posts: 17,396
|
Re: Having a pet in the bed is not a good idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm
That cute little pussy can harbour some nasty germs...
|
Queue Love Monkey
__________________
I'm a Trustee for a local charity
|
|
|
27-03-2011, 15:12
|
#10
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: Having a pet in the bed is not a good idea
My cats constantly sleep on top of the covers at the bottom of the bed. I don't think there is anything wrong with it and it's hard to stop them when I am asleep lol.
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
27-03-2011, 15:50
|
#11
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: Having a pet in the bed is not a good idea
Any animal in my kitchen or where I sleep in my opinion is not hygienic.
|
|
|
27-03-2011, 16:22
|
#12
|
|
Mum 30/09/20 Dad 08/08/24
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 57
Services: 2 x TiVo 360s, SH5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Posts: 17,396
|
Re: Having a pet in the bed is not a good idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon
Any animal in my kitchen or where I sleep in my opinion is not hygienic.
|
So were do you put the dog/cat pet food?
My sister has put her kids rabbit in their kitchen, in very cold weather and it uses a litter tray.
__________________
I'm a Trustee for a local charity
|
|
|
27-03-2011, 18:30
|
#13
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: Having a pet in the bed is not a good idea
If I had a dog or a cat I would put the pets food outside of the main house.
|
|
|
27-03-2011, 18:32
|
#14
|
|
Mum 30/09/20 Dad 08/08/24
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 57
Services: 2 x TiVo 360s, SH5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Posts: 17,396
|
Re: Having a pet in the bed is not a good idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon
If I had a dog or a cat I would put the pets food outside of the main house.
|
In the garden then?
__________________
I'm a Trustee for a local charity
|
|
|
27-03-2011, 18:44
|
#15
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: Having a pet in the bed is not a good idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon
If I had a dog or a cat I would put the pets food outside of the main house.
|
Why??
I have house cats and they are probably cleaner than most humans.
What about a cats litter tray where would you put that?
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:44.
|