Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PL56 message

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

PL56 message
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2011, 19:52   #1
Pontyboy
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3
Pontyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy PL56 message

Just had my new V+ box as a treat - initially the box would not go past LD30 - but read messages on this forum to press the 'down' button a few times and hey presto - ubfortunately it is now stuck on PL56 - I have phoned Viring and they say they have activated but the earliest I can get a techy to me is Monday evening - anyhting ese I can try????

much appreciated

Pontyboy
Pontyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-01-2011, 20:20   #2
Ken W
Inactive
 
Ken W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnersh UK
Services: , BBand 120M tier Superhub, O2 Mobile phone
Posts: 2,147
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Re: PL56 message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontyboy View Post
Just had my new V+ box as a treat - initially the box would not go past LD30 - but read messages on this forum to press the 'down' button a few times and hey presto - ubfortunately it is now stuck on PL56 - I have phoned Viring and they say they have activated but the earliest I can get a techy to me is Monday evening - anyhting ese I can try????

much appreciated

Pontyboy
I had a simular problem when I had a new V+ box, I called Virgin and they said leave it on over night which I did and alls well, perhaps you could try that.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 21:17   #3
Pontyboy
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3
Pontyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: PL56 message

I have managed to get it past PL56 by pressing and clicking various buttons. Evenetually got to a picture but only on 4 chanels 101~104 then nothing and also no access to the 'home' facility or user settings/menu's etc etc
If I power down - just gets stuck on LD30 again and I have to press the 'down' button to get it to gao past this stage to end up with just the four channels?
Pontyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 21:21   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster
 
jb66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,386
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: PL56 message

It could be that its not took the hit, the down button trick only works when its had the initial hit, what to do is reboot the box and hold the up and down buttons together. Then scroll to the card page and if it says "not paired" you need to call up and re-confirm the card and box serial. If it says removed then the cards not in correctly
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 14:42   #5
Pontyboy
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3
Pontyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: PL56 message

I have gone into the reboot and can see the diagnositcs - it appears to recognise the card, card serial number etc etc - there are three areas that are highlighted red as possible problems and they are the AGC/IF % which are all hivring in the 60% category - does this mean the signal is too low level????
Pontyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:30.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum