Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What happend to "WE TREAT EVERYON THE SAME"

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

What happend to "WE TREAT EVERYON THE SAME"
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2010, 19:47   #1
Exorcist74
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Swansea
Services: 60Mb cable and basic package
Posts: 128
Exorcist74 will become famous soon enoughExorcist74 will become famous soon enoughExorcist74 will become famous soon enough
What happend to "WE TREAT EVERYON THE SAME"

I have been with NTL from the very beginning, I have tv,BB and phone line with them, Last week I thought Id ring and ask for a normal second tv box for the bedroom, all the cable and power is there ready.......
I was told that a engineer would have to come out and install the new box at a cost of £40 installation (no installation needed) and a £10 per month for the extra box, what excellent customer relationship they have.... NOT.
So I told them no way am I paying £40, So Im off to get a free-view box instead, what a rip off.
If I was a new customer I'd get free installation...
Exorcist74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2010, 23:55   #2
BenMcr
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What happend to "WE TREAT EVERYON THE SAME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist74 View Post
If I was a new customer I'd get free installation...
Not for a second box install you wouldn't - unless you were having other services installed at the same time that qualified for a free install

But then this also applies as an existing customer
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:11   #3
jb66
cf.mega poster
 
jb66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,386
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: What happend to "WE TREAT EVERYON THE SAME"

I've never heard of that policy
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:58   #4
Digital Fanatic
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: What happend to "WE TREAT EVERYON THE SAME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist74 View Post
I have been with NTL from the very beginning, I have tv,BB and phone line with them, Last week I thought Id ring and ask for a normal second tv box for the bedroom, all the cable and power is there ready.......
I was told that a engineer would have to come out and install the new box at a cost of £40 installation (no installation needed) and a £10 per month for the extra box, what excellent customer relationship they have.... NOT.
So I told them no way am I paying £40, So Im off to get a free-view box instead, what a rip off.
If I was a new customer I'd get free installation...
what tv pack are you on?

I'm sure you can get "quick-start" on that, if cables are already there?
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:23   #5
BenMcr
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What happend to "WE TREAT EVERYON THE SAME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I'm sure you can get "quick-start" on that, if cables are already there?
Quickstart is only available if it's either for the main STB when you take TV out, or if you are swapping an existing additional SD STB for an HD one.

Additional TV STBs where there is no existing STB (not whether there are existing points) are tech install only
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:34   #6
Digital Fanatic
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: What happend to "WE TREAT EVERYON THE SAME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Quickstart is only available if it's either for the main STB when you take TV out, or if you are swapping an existing additional SD STB for an HD one.

Additional TV STBs where there is no existing STB (not whether there are existing points) are tech install only
Cheers Ben
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:08   #7
nomadking
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Northampton
Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
Posts: 8,405
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: What happend to "WE TREAT EVERYON THE SAME"

I suppose adding a 2nd STB would mean use of a splitter and the accompanying change(and therefore potential problems) in signal levels.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:24   #8
telegramsam
telegramsam
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Middlesbrough
Services: Sky Q,,Freely,Grain broadband
Posts: 1,807
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Angry Re: What happend to "WE TREAT EVERYON THE SAME"

I used to have a second box in my bedroom and I asked virgin about swapping it for a v+ box. They said it would cost me £75,I told them to forget it. I think existing customers don`t get treated fairly. Everything virgin do is geared up to attracting new customers or getting more out off exising ones. For example I`m on the xl package with sky sports and sky movies hd but when virgin offered some of their channels free to all customers for a month that doesn`t apply to those of us who are already paying for them! I still believe virgin are better value than sky though but the moment that changes I`l be switching.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:44   #9
BenMcr
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What happend to "WE TREAT EVERYON THE SAME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
I used to have a second box in my bedroom and I asked virgin about swapping it for a v+ box. They said it would cost me £75,I told them to forget it. I think existing customers don`t get treated fairly
Additional box costs are exactly the same for new and existing customers.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 13:03   #10
veeemmm
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What happend to "WE TREAT EVERYON THE SAME"

Sounds like they are not sending engineers out right now. They refused to send someone out to fix my fault. (see the error 3010 thread) Getting Sky installed Friday. Nice bit of cashback before Christmas.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2010, 00:32   #11
johnathome
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Waterlooville
Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
Posts: 919
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all
Re: What happend to "WE TREAT EVERYON THE SAME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
what tv pack are you on?

I'm sure you can get "quick-start" on that, if cables are already there?
Whats quick start? I have a standard V box in the bedroom, wouldn't mind swapping it for a V-HD box
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2010, 10:20   #12
BenMcr
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What happend to "WE TREAT EVERYON THE SAME"

They deliver the box to you via HDNL and you install it yourself. It was originally called Quickstart as it would start your service quicker than having an engineer out
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:00.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum