Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TOM TOM GO 740 Live Update problems Fuel prices TOMTOM Home

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

TOM TOM GO 740 Live Update problems Fuel prices TOMTOM Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2010, 11:58   #1
andrewlutonuk
cf.addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St Albans, Herts
Services: XL TV.Sky Sports/Movies, V6, VM 200MB.VM Fixed Phone
Posts: 169
andrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enough
TOM TOM GO 740 Live Update problems Fuel prices TOMTOM Home

Today

i am have problems updating my Fuel prices on my TOMTOM GO 740 Live though the TOMTOM HOME software

Is anybody else having these problems today Sat 2/10/10 1300 UK time

I get a big long error message

message included

ERROR: DesktopLib/InstallToDevice/GetInstallable/InvalidArchive1: This file is invalid (archive file): C:\Users\My Name\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\fuelp rice\Fuel_Prices_Europe___Update_prices-15\fuelPricesEU.cab
@ .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp(1005)
<HOME2 version="2.7">
<fuelprice idurl="http://num1.id.tomtom.com/11002" idstr="FuelStationsEU" idnum="11002" version="1286006400">
<title lang="en-GB" mimetype="text/plain">Fuel Prices Europe – Update prices</title>
<description lang="en-GB" mimetype="text/plain">Drive to the cheapest fuel around! Your TomTom GO receives the latest fuel prices. Get directions to the cheapest petrol station around your position or along your route and save money on your fuel bill. Download this item to update the prices for your currently selected fuel type. NOTE: our database is refreshed daily, but on average it takes three days to receive the data from all stations.</description>
<image mimetype="image/png" usage="icon" url="http://home.tomtom.com/media/fuelprice/icon/icon-fuelprices.png"/>
<image mimetype="image/gif" usage="preview" url="http://home.tomtom.com/media/fuelprice/preview/preview-fuelprices.gif"/>
<download>
<url location="http://home.tomtom.com/download/fuelPricesEU.cab?type=fuelPrices&amp;id=2" content="main"/>
</download>
<supplier id="tomtom">
<name>TomTom</name>
<image mimetype="image/png" usage="icon" url="http://home.tomtom.com/media/suppliers/tomtom_supplier_icon.png"/>
</supplier>
<fueltype idnumeric="1" filename="FuelStationsEU.1.fpf" id="diesel">Diesel</fueltype>
<fueltype idnumeric="6" filename="FuelStationsEU.6.fpf" id="SP95">Unleaded</fueltype>
<fueltype idnumeric="7" filename="FuelStationsEU.7.fpf" id="SP98">Super Unleaded</fueltype>
<fueltype idnumeric="8" filename="FuelStationsEU.8.fpf" id="lpg">LPG</fueltype>
<fueltype idnumeric="10" filename="FuelStationsEU.10.fpf" id="red diesel">Red Diesel</fueltype>
<fueltype idnumeric="11" filename="FuelStationsEU.11.fpf" id="ultra diesel">Ultimate Diesel</fueltype>
<fueltype idnumeric="12" filename="FuelStationsEU.12.fpf" id="hpd">High Power Diesel</fueltype>
<fueltype idnumeric="13" filename="FuelStationsEU.13.fpf" id="lrp">LRP</fueltype>
</fuelprice>
</HOME2>
in .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp:1005
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:82
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1061
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:79
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 11:54:07 GMT

as i say is anybody else having these problems today with tom tom

everything else is working as it should

andrewlutonuk
andrewlutonuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2010, 16:55   #2
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster
 
Scrubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: M'boro
Age: 70
Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Posts: 1,818
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Re: TOM TOM GO 740 Live Update problems Fuel prices TOMTOM Home

I have, in the past, had problems with downloading from tomtom, but it got sorted after a few days.
I eventually went the gpsunderground route
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 21:37   #3
cazian
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3
cazian is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TOM TOM GO 740 Live Update problems Fuel prices TOMTOM Home

I'm having exactly the same problem - never had this before when updating the fuel prices. Maybe they have uploaded a corrupted file on their server? The error says there is a problem with a cab file, which I understand is a compressed file for installing files.

As for a solution - I don't know!
cazian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:04   #4
andrewlutonuk
cf.addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St Albans, Herts
Services: XL TV.Sky Sports/Movies, V6, VM 200MB.VM Fixed Phone
Posts: 169
andrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enough
Re: TOM TOM GO 740 Live Update problems Fuel prices TOMTOM Home

cazian

Thanks very much for you reply that is exactly the error i am geting. The problem with the cab file

Thanks also for the reply, scrubbs

I've been speaking to someone called Becky at TOMTOM though the email support because the phone lines are not opened at weekends

I will try and phone them tomorrow Mon 4/10 at one stage to see it i can get this problem resolved

The problem still persits today Sun 3/10

andrewlutonuk
andrewlutonuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:42   #5
ThomasT
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
ThomasT is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: TOM TOM GO 740 Live Update problems Fuel prices TOMTOM Home

Hi, to you failed "downloaders". Can I join you as my Fuel Price downloading through TomTom Home has also failed with a similar ERROR message to andrewlutonuk, yesterday Sat 2nd October 2010.

It MUST be to do with the TomTom servers sending incorrect or corrupt data. I have sent my error log to the usual suspects. I have also, for the last months since installing the latest Application 9.058, failed to update any Fuel Prices. I have been in contact with TomTom help desk several times with no success as yet. Reinstalling and Factory resetting has not helped but just caused frustration, especially as a map on my broadband takes nearly three hours to download.

Strangely the last error message this morning said they couldn't download the Fuel Prices as a Petrol Station was missing from my map, this also followed an ERROR message last week saying my map was not up to date! (I have the latest map version as confirmed by customer services.)

If they don't help me to get this fixed it will be the last TomTom straw!
ThomasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:56   #6
andrewlutonuk
cf.addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St Albans, Herts
Services: XL TV.Sky Sports/Movies, V6, VM 200MB.VM Fixed Phone
Posts: 169
andrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enough
Re: TOM TOM GO 740 Live Update problems Fuel prices TOMTOM Home

Thomas T

Thanks for your reply

Do you remember installing 9.054. The problems i had with that was unbeliveable

When 9.054 was installed none of my live services would work giving me a error message of 1008. TOMTOM told me to resort back to 8.377.

These are the first problems i have had with this device since i have had it

I wish they would test things properly, i know that they can't get it right 100%.

When thing do go wrong like this i worry that is my PC operating system that is courrupted. I am not very PC savvy but do know enough to get along


COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasT View Post
Hi, to you failed "downloaders". Can I join you as my Fuel Price downloading through TomTom Home has also failed with a similar ERROR message to andrewlutonuk, yesterday Sat 2nd October 2010.

Strangely the last error message this morning said they couldn't download the Fuel Prices as a Petrol Station was missing from my map, this also followed an ERROR message last week saying my map was not up to date! (I have the latest map version as confirmed by customer services.)

!
I also had this 'petrol station was missing from my map error'

andrewlutonuk
andrewlutonuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 13:29   #7
ThomasT
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
ThomasT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TOM TOM GO 740 Live Update problems Fuel prices TOMTOM Home

Hi Andrewlutonuk,

I did not install the 9.054 App as I saw so much adverse comment about the Live Services failing on other Forums. I kept with the 8.377 without any problems until this latest "improved" App came along. I have tried to go back to the old 8.377 but the same problem persisted. I am now back up to date with all the latest of everything but without success. TomTom must have scrambled something and I am being fobbed off.
ThomasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 13:47   #8
andrewlutonuk
cf.addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St Albans, Herts
Services: XL TV.Sky Sports/Movies, V6, VM 200MB.VM Fixed Phone
Posts: 169
andrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enough
Re: TOM TOM GO 740 Live Update problems Fuel prices TOMTOM Home

ThomasT

I did go back to the 8.377 App from the 9.058, i though it would help with the fuel prices problem. It did not help, so i am now back with 9.058

I hope this problem will get sorted soon. TOMTOM give me the impression that is just my TOMTOM device that is not working

andrewlutonuk
andrewlutonuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:50   #9
ThomasT
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
ThomasT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TOM TOM GO 740 Live Update problems Fuel prices TOMTOM Home

Hi,
I spoke to TomTom Customer Services at 11.30am today. They are well aware of the Fuel Price problems and apparently wait for enough people to complain before doing anything!! This has now happened and they are actively working on a resolution. They will email us when a fix is ready to download. (28th Sept TomTom Home downloads started to fail with "invalid ARCHIVE .cab file".)They are also working on a fix for the "over air" to sim card updates through Live Services. Don't hold you breath!
ThomasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 17:31   #10
andrewlutonuk
cf.addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St Albans, Herts
Services: XL TV.Sky Sports/Movies, V6, VM 200MB.VM Fixed Phone
Posts: 169
andrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enough
Re: TOM TOM GO 740 Live Update problems Fuel prices TOMTOM Home

ThomasT

Thanks for the reply

This is what they sent to me earlier today

Dear andrewlutonuk,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Care.
Your reference for your query is ********

Regarding the current issue whilst attempting to update with the Fuel Prices.

We hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible as it is currently being investigated. May we apologise for any inconvenience this maybe causing.

If in the meantime, you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to answer them.

With Kind Regards
Becky

The TomTom Customer Care Team


Hope they sort it out

andrewlutonuk
andrewlutonuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:20   #11
ThomasT
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
ThomasT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TOM TOM GO 740 Live Update problems Fuel prices TOMTOM Home

Thanks andrewlutonuk,

Its' nice to know that we were right. I have also received a reply from TomTom Customer Services which I have copied below.

"Apologies for the delay in response; I can confirm that I have received your case back from our Second line technical team.
Unfortunately I am not able to offer you an immediate resolution for the issue with the fuel price service.
I am afraid that you are correct; and the errors occurring are a problem with the fuel price downloads on our server.
The Second line technical team have logged your case and the issue is currently under investigation
Many apologies for the continued inconveniences; I will keep your case in my inbox so that I can update you on the situation as soon as we have some more information.
Apologies again for the inconveniences caused"

Looks like we will just have to wait - thanks to everyone for keeping this situation updated. Come on TomTom - prove you can do it!
ThomasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:43   #12
Gary L
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,324
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: TOM TOM GO 740 Live Update problems Fuel prices TOMTOM Home

What are the fuel prices anyway? is it actually worth it where you may think this garage is 2p more per litre than the other one further down the road. you'll be using the extra 2ps in travelling there?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 16:59   #13
Dosh28
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
Dosh28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: TOM TOM GO 740 Live Update problems Fuel prices TOMTOM Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
What are the fuel prices anyway? is it actually worth it where you may think this garage is 2p more per litre than the other one further down the road. you'll be using the extra 2ps in travelling there?
Well, the idea is, it shows you which fuel stations ALONG YOUR ROUTE are cheapest. You can then decide to fill up on route and save money or wait until you get home and pay more at the end of your road.
Dosh28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:48   #14
Dosh28
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
Dosh28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TOM TOM GO 740 Live Update problems Fuel prices TOMTOM Home

This is the response i had yesterday from TOMTOM Customer Support;

"Thank you for the update with regards to the issue. This is ........ again.

Unfortunately we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with Fuel Prices and you may be encountering errors while downloading or using them.

Upon attempting to use Fuel Prices on your device, an error may come up on the screen.

Downloading Fuel Prices updates may come up with a ‘This file is invalid (archive file)’ error. Please deselect Fuel Prices in your list of updates for the time being and carry on updating your other items as normal.

The issue is currently under investigation and we hope to restore functionality soon.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

With Kind Regards"


I tried to download again this morning ans had the same problem.
Dosh28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 16:13   #15
ThomasT
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
ThomasT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TOM TOM GO 740 Live Update problems Fuel prices TOMTOM Home

Thanks Dosh28 and all others. I have had a further email from Customer Services with the same information.
I also travel a great deal around our motorway system and M'way diesel prices have been around the 127p per litre mark. I have my favourite petrol stations but quite often cannot get to them so the Fuel Prices TomTom give me on route can save significant amounts. My last "off the m'way" top up in Cumbria saved me £6 for a 2 mile detour! I call that value for money. Come on TomTom get those price downloads working!
ThomasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:51.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum