Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Looking for tips on an upgrade strategy!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Looking for tips on an upgrade strategy!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2010, 20:02   #1
J@ffa
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 34
J@ffa is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking for tips on an upgrade strategy!

Hi all! I was hoping to get some advice on the best route to take when looking to upgrade. I'm currently on just the BB XL (20MB) package — nothing else (no phone line, tv, etc). I currently pay £37.99 a month for this, and have done for at least three or four years, so I'm long out of contract. I'm considering leaving for Be broadband, since it's a lot cheaper, but alternatively I do fancy getting VM's TV XL offering (with the HD box and etc). I'd be willing to drop down to BB L (10MB) to balance out the price. From what I can tell, BB L + TV XL should be £42.50 per month. Since I'm completely prepared to leave — it's not a bluff! — how likely is it that I can negotiate this price down? Should I go for retentions, customer services, Richard Branson's office, etc? Any and all tips would be very appreciated!



* I've posted a similar version of this in a different section but haven't had much joy. This one is more specific though, so hopefully I have more luck getting some answers.
J@ffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2010, 20:06   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Looking for tips on an upgrade strategy!

Retentions is the best bet, no point in Richard Branson's office as he only leases the name to Virgin Media.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 22:47   #3
J@ffa
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 34
J@ffa is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Looking for tips on an upgrade strategy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Retentions is the best bet, no point in Richard Branson's office as he only leases the name to Virgin Media.
Hehe, ok! Am I likely to have much luck?
J@ffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:52   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Looking for tips on an upgrade strategy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J@ffa View Post
Hehe, ok! Am I likely to have much luck?
It depends on who you speak to but worth a call after 0800.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:32.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum