Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I've cancelled my HD sub already

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

I've cancelled my HD sub already
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2010, 18:28   #1
setch
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: harlow
Posts: 214
setch is on a distinguished roadsetch is on a distinguished road
I've cancelled my HD sub already

Following all the reports on this forum about those on the VIP package getting HD for free. I called the CEO office and explained that others were getting HD for free, so I was offered the package for £7.00 with a £7.00 monthly refund for 6 months. Whoopee I thought, I just received a letter from Virgin explaining my new monthly billing and there is no mention of the £7.00 refund. So I called customer support and was told that there is no such offer for any customers regardless of which package they are on. So maybe everybody is getting a letter with their new HD charges and not showing the £7.00 refund.

I told them to remove HD immediately. Probably give Sky some serious consideration now, even though I hate the buggers.

Setch
setch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2010, 20:12   #2
mikcoles
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bristol
Services: VirginMedia Premier collection.
Posts: 71
mikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nice
Re: I've cancelled my HD sub already

Quote:
Originally Posted by setch View Post
Following all the reports on this forum about those on the VIP package getting HD for free. I called the CEO office and explained that others were getting HD for free, so I was offered the package for £7.00 with a £7.00 monthly refund for 6 months. Whoopee I thought, I just received a letter from Virgin explaining my new monthly billing and there is no mention of the £7.00 refund. So I called customer support and was told that there is no such offer for any customers regardless of which package they are on. So maybe everybody is getting a letter with their new HD charges and not showing the £7.00 refund.

I told them to remove HD immediately. Probably give Sky some serious consideration now, even though I hate the buggers.

Setch
I have checked online billing for advanced charges/refunds and £7 discount is there.
mikcoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:21   #3
Big Red
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Services: VIP50
Posts: 325
Big Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful one
Re: I've cancelled my HD sub already

Quote:
Originally Posted by setch View Post
Following all the reports on this forum about those on the VIP package getting HD for free. I called the CEO office and explained that others were getting HD for free, so I was offered the package for £7.00 with a £7.00 monthly refund for 6 months. Whoopee I thought, I just received a letter from Virgin explaining my new monthly billing and there is no mention of the £7.00 refund. So I called customer support and was told that there is no such offer for any customers regardless of which package they are on. So maybe everybody is getting a letter with their new HD charges and not showing the £7.00 refund.

I told them to remove HD immediately. Probably give Sky some serious consideration now, even though I hate the buggers.

Setch
Are you on the VIP Package - customer who have VIP 50 (VIP with 50MB BB) are getting the HD channels for free as we pay extra to get the highest BB offer.

Its an extra £5 per month to upgrade to VIP50 if on VIP20 and you get the extra 50mb BB and Free Sky Prem HD channels .

Trust me its still cheaper than Sky.
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:07   #4
jodash
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chatham Kent
Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
Posts: 318
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road
Re: I've cancelled my HD sub already

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikcoles View Post
I have checked online billing for advanced charges/refunds and £7 discount is there.
mine is not there and CS know nothing about it am on VIP20
jodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:12   #5
Big Red
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Services: VIP50
Posts: 325
Big Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful one
Re: I've cancelled my HD sub already

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodash View Post
mine is not there and CS know nothing about it am on VIP20
At the moment its offically for VIP50 customers - see http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...p-package.html for more details.

But if your on VIP20 I dont think you will get them free unless you upgrade to VIP50.
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:07   #6
setch
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: harlow
Posts: 214
setch is on a distinguished roadsetch is on a distinguished road
Re: I've cancelled my HD sub already

Thanks for the replies. I suspect that Customer Service operators have gone back to the bad old days of NTL. When I first called, I got the impression the operator was not interested, immediately told "our computers are down" and when I called back, was told not such offers are available. I asked the operator to confirm to me what my new monthly bill would be. The amount he advised was £7.00 more than I am paying now.

Setch
setch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:58   #7
jodash
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chatham Kent
Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
Posts: 318
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road
Re: I've cancelled my HD sub already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
At the moment its offically for VIP50 customers - see http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...p-package.html for more details.

But if your on VIP20 I dont think you will get them free unless you upgrade to VIP50.
I have a email from Diane confirming that I will get a £7.00 reduction,is it worth upgrading to VIP50 at the moment am using a old laptop as my PC has gone and cannot afford a new one at the moment

Hi Brain
Thanks for your recent enquiry about our new HD channels and how they will affect your VIP package.
We are currently re-evaluating our whole VIP package but this can take some time but by early 2011 we'll be able to let you know what the changes will be. In the meantime we are pleased to let you know that if you want the HD channels adding to your account we will manually discount the charge, so it's free for the next 6 months.
We really appreciate your feedback about the new HD channels, and we hope you're really happy about the outcome.
Just so you know the changes will be shown on your bill as a £7.00 charge for the HD channels, there will also be a £7.00 discount showing under refunds and adjustments.
jodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:25   #8
Big Red
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Services: VIP50
Posts: 325
Big Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful one
Re: I've cancelled my HD sub already

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodash View Post
I have a email from Diane confirming that I will get a £7.00 reduction,is it worth upgrading to VIP50 at the moment am using a old laptop as my PC has gone and cannot afford a new one at the moment

Hi Brain
Thanks for your recent enquiry about our new HD channels and how they will affect your VIP package.
We are currently re-evaluating our whole VIP package but this can take some time but by early 2011 we'll be able to let you know what the changes will be. In the meantime we are pleased to let you know that if you want the HD channels adding to your account we will manually discount the charge, so it's free for the next 6 months.
We really appreciate your feedback about the new HD channels, and we hope you're really happy about the outcome.
Just so you know the changes will be shown on your bill as a £7.00 charge for the HD channels, there will also be a £7.00 discount showing under refunds and adjustments.
If your on VIP20 and you have got the £7 Sky prem HD channels free then you should be paying around £92.50 - its up you but upgrading to VIP50 gets you BB thats 50mb.
vip50 IS £97.50 and its comes with free Sky prem HD channels.
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:39   #9
jodash
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chatham Kent
Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
Posts: 318
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road
Re: I've cancelled my HD sub already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
If your on VIP20 and you have got the £7 Sky prem HD channels free then you should be paying around £92.50 - its up you but upgrading to VIP50 gets you BB thats 50mb.
vip50 IS £97.50 and its comes with free Sky prem HD channels.
Total service charges £109.49
Includes VAT at the appropriate rate(s)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advance charges £110.49
Main services (Provided by Virgin Media Ltd or Virgin Media Payments Ltd) £76.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description Date/period Amount
Telephone Line Rental 01 August - 31 August £11.99
Talk International 01 August - 31 August £1.50
Talk Unlimited 01 August - 31 August £7.95
Talk Mobile 01 August - 31 August £1.50
Call Wait 01 August - 31 August £2.00
T V Size: X L 01 August - 31 August £24.50
1 Additional V Box 01 August - 31 August £15.00
V+ HD Box 01 August - 31 August £20.00
Add Set Box(es) Discount 01 August - 31 August £-9.50
Phone,T V & B B Saving 01 August - 31 August £-34.95
Broadband Size: X L 01 August - 31 August £37.00

Premium TV channels (Provided by Virgin Media Entertainment) £33.50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:49   #10
Big Red
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Services: VIP50
Posts: 325
Big Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful one
Re: I've cancelled my HD sub already

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodash View Post
Total service charges £109.49
Includes VAT at the appropriate rate(s)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advance charges £110.49
Main services (Provided by Virgin Media Ltd or Virgin Media Payments Ltd) £76.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description Date/period Amount
Telephone Line Rental 01 August - 31 August £11.99
Talk International 01 August - 31 August £1.50
Talk Unlimited 01 August - 31 August £7.95
Talk Mobile 01 August - 31 August £1.50
Call Wait 01 August - 31 August £2.00
T V Size: X L 01 August - 31 August £24.50
1 Additional V Box 01 August - 31 August £15.00
V+ HD Box 01 August - 31 August £20.00
Add Set Box(es) Discount 01 August - 31 August £-9.50
Phone,T V & B B Saving 01 August - 31 August £-34.95
Broadband Size: X L 01 August - 31 August £37.00

Premium TV channels (Provided by Virgin Media Entertainment) £33.50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


See that just does not make sense - £110.49 and you have not got 50mb BB.

I can see you have taken the Call Waiting so that extra £2.

If I was you I would ask to upgrade to VIP50 for £97.50 then your getting the very top package - then its up to you if you want to add the call waiting for £2.

Call C/S or Retentions and get it sorted.
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:46   #11
mikcoles
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bristol
Services: VirginMedia Premier collection.
Posts: 71
mikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nice
Re: I've cancelled my HD sub already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
If your on VIP20 and you have got the £7 Sky prem HD channels free then you should be paying around £92.50 - its up you but upgrading to VIP50 gets you BB thats 50mb.
vip50 IS £97.50 and its comes with free Sky prem HD channels.
I have the £7 discount, I am on VIP20 and I am paying £89.50 as on the website.
mikcoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:24   #12
bayards
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: London
Services: V HD, Bluray 3D, HD-DVD, cassette and 8 track
Posts: 119
bayards will become famous soon enoughbayards will become famous soon enoughbayards will become famous soon enough
Re: I've cancelled my HD sub already

Southampton vs Plymouth HD lovely on SS 3 HD - as a virgin customer watching at Mum's on Sky
bayards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:06   #13
Big Red
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Services: VIP50
Posts: 325
Big Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful one
Re: I've cancelled my HD sub already

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikcoles View Post
I have the £7 discount, I am on VIP20 and I am paying £89.50 as on the website.
The £89.50 as per the website does not include the 1st April Price increase hence VIP package costs £92.50 - if your paying £89.50 with Free Sky HD channels then you have a saving of £3
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:09   #14
richard1960
Guest
 
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
Re: I've cancelled my HD sub already

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayards View Post
Southampton vs Plymouth HD lovely on SS 3 HD - as a virgin customer watching at Mum's on Sky
Yes i think we should be able to have sky sports HD3 and 4 on vm ofcon could have ordered sky to make HD 3 and 4 available in their mammoth pay tv review but did not,citing it was "new technology" as the reason, even though HD has been around a number of years.

I think and can see no reason why if vm customers are prepared to pay a fair price, we should have access to premium quality HD sport,if customers choose to buy it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 13:59   #15
Nsewell
cf.member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 34
Nsewell is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I've cancelled my HD sub already

virgin now offer hd for no extra monthly fee. So do you mean the £7 charge when you first get the box
Nsewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:29.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum