Sky movies HD BETTER THAN sd?
03-08-2010, 10:38
|
#16
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Greenwich, SE10
Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
Posts: 865
|
Re: Sky movies HD BETTER THAN sd?
I can see a huge difference on the Sky Movie channels, far more noticable than the Film4 SD vs HD comparison as the standard def versions of Sky Movies are so poor.
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 16:17
|
#17
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Services: Sky Stream
Posts: 342
|
Re: Sky movies HD BETTER THAN sd?
Watched Face/Off last night, superb quality
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 16:48
|
#18
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: Sky movies HD BETTER THAN sd?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking
Won't it all depend on viewing distance?
|
I watch my 32inch tv from about 1 to 1.5 ft and I can tell teh difference.
Not that my opinion is reliable lol.
Still when I have people round they do say it's better on HD.
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 20:26
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Newport
Services: 152meg BB.
XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
Posts: 979
|
Re: Sky movies HD BETTER THAN sd?
SKY Sports HD1
Eurosport HD
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 20:53
|
#20
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 107
|
Re: Sky movies HD BETTER THAN sd?
Its an improvement, but in saying that, you could not get any worse quality than SKY movies in SD. So the only way was up I reckon. Thats how SKY can justify the prices it puts on its premium HD channels. The jump in quality from SD to HD is far more than with other channels.
---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas T
I watch my 32inch tv from about 1 to 1.5 ft and I can tell teh difference.
Not that my opinion is reliable lol.
Still when I have people round they do say it's better on HD.
|
Never mind your opinion being reliable, what about your eyesight. Any closer and it becomes "Interactive" TV.  
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 09:24
|
#21
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sheffield
Age: 39
Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
Posts: 4,090
|
Re: Sky movies HD BETTER THAN sd?
i was watching green mile in hd last night and was good quailty but on some scenes e.g the exucution when its tunderig, there was a lot of blurriness and looked like it was ghosing, ive never noticed this wacthing it on dvd or sd before, any onese notice that?
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 11:42
|
#22
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: Sky movies HD BETTER THAN sd?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsman
|
My eyesight is not going to get any worse by the closeness of me watching my tv
I must admit it is definitely 'interactive' already lol
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:37.
|