Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?
View Poll Results: Will you pay £29.50 PER MONTH for 6 Sky Sports channels?
Yes, I love Sky Sports and will pay it no matter what. 8 9.20%
Yes, because I have Sky Movies HD aswell. 11 12.64%
No, I cant believe the prices for Sky Sports channels. 54 62.07%
Where is OFCOM when you need them 14 16.09%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2010, 11:23   #1
mattboothers
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
Posts: 836
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all
Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?

Will you pay £29.50 for Sky Sports 1-4 and HD1 and 2 from October 2010? Thats almost £30 a month (sheessshhh)

I voted Yes because I like them but like I said earlier, when my mum finds out there is another increase she wont be too happy.
mattboothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2010, 11:31   #2
cablestrider
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: England
Services: Cable XL TV, 10MB broadband by Virgin Media cable, Mac & Safari powered Internet!
Posts: 89
cablestrider will become famous soon enoughcablestrider will become famous soon enoughcablestrider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to cablestrider
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?

Looks like Sky Sports is the only way I'll ever get to watch NASCAR on uk tv... but I still cannot bring myself to splash out soooo much money each month. That's a HUGE amount of money every year - esp if you don't like bl**dy soccer!!

So, err... no is my vote ;-)
cablestrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:49   #3
superbiatch
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Liverpool
Age: 49
Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
Posts: 3,819
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?

I voted 'No' because for what I watch on there its really not worth it to me. I prefer to go the pub to watch any football games I want to see, especially when its in 3D
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:53   #4
richard1960
Guest
 
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?

I can still justify paying for the sky sports channels as when i am in,that is the bulk of my entertainment as i do not go out to pubs very often,i am at work loads though and very often miss the cricket matches i subscribe for,however when i can watch the coverage is good so is just about worth the money. But only up to a point.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:30   #5
Telford240
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 174
Telford240 is on a distinguished roadTelford240 is on a distinguished road
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?

Got no choice if you want to watch football these days unless you use flashstreamsports
Telford240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 16:11   #6
ChrisLUFC22
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Services: Sky Stream
Posts: 342
ChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to all
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?

I put yes, but I'll only carrying on up to a certain amount, as soon as I feel its becoming unreasonable, they'll be off.
ChrisLUFC22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 16:28   #7
Angua
Inactive
 
Angua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Expanding Town with crap roads
Age: 67
Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Posts: 7,674
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?

Wouldn't pay Sky for any sports regardless.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 19:27   #8
carbon60
Needs more upload
 
carbon60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Services: TiVo V6, TiVo 500GB, Samsung V Box, Full House TV + Sky Sports SD, VIVID 200, Talk Weekends Phone
Posts: 170
carbon60 is on a distinguished roadcarbon60 is on a distinguished road
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablestrider View Post
Looks like Sky Sports is the only way I'll ever get to watch NASCAR on uk tv... but I still cannot bring myself to splash out soooo much money each month. That's a HUGE amount of money every year - esp if you don't like bl**dy soccer!!

So, err... no is my vote ;-)
I've been told that some races are available on the Open Access Channel but that's only available on $ky.
carbon60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:35   #9
DeejayAJ
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Services: V+ XL & BB
Posts: 22
DeejayAJ is a jewel in the roughDeejayAJ is a jewel in the roughDeejayAJ is a jewel in the roughDeejayAJ is a jewel in the roughDeejayAJ is a jewel in the rough
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?

Its a joke, I was just about to get them the other day then realised they want £7 for HD & then ANOTHER price increase of £2. I can't believe it. £5 a fookin channel, how can it be legal

USA get like 20+ quality sports channels plus 100s of normal channels for less than £50 while we get utter cr@p for double the amount.
DeejayAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:50   #10
LexDiamond
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Berks
Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
Posts: 784
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?

No way would I pay that. I am with Virgin because IMO XL TV is the best vfm basic entertainment package on any platform.

But if I wanted premium Sky channels I would go to Sky. I can't justify that kind of expenditure for a sub with Virgin in the knowledge that Sky sub will get me more. I know that Virgin have a couple of SSHD channels and the red button soon but SS is Sky's channel and they will continue to innovate. So VM customers will probably never have the full service that the Sky subs have.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 13:05   #11
scorpionatthepc
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lancashire
Services: Tivo On Medium Plus.Xbox 360,Nexus 7,HTC Desire S & Sky Freesat
Posts: 85
scorpionatthepc is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
Wouldn't pay Sky for any sports regardless.

Same here.
scorpionatthepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:41.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum