Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
03-08-2010, 07:13
|
#2926
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chartwell
|
I don't see anything in those articles to say that the channels are Sky Exclusive? VM will have to negotiate their own deal with ITV in order to carry the channels. I imagine ITV will be looking to get as much money as possible for them, so I would think there's a decent chance of them turning up on VM at some point. ITV4 HD would be good for the football at least.
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 07:26
|
#2927
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chatham Kent
Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP)
IPhone,Ipad
Posts: 318
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop
I don't see anything in those articles to say that the channels are Sky Exclusive? VM will have to negotiate their own deal with ITV in order to carry the channels. I imagine ITV will be looking to get as much money as possible for them, so I would think there's a decent chance of them turning up on VM at some point. ITV4 HD would be good for the football at least.
|
Its bad enough watching football on ITV in SD let alone HD
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 07:41
|
#2928
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VIP50, Tivo arrived 18th April.
Posts: 87
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop
I don't see anything in those articles to say that the channels are Sky Exclusive? VM will have to negotiate their own deal with ITV in order to carry the channels. I imagine ITV will be looking to get as much money as possible for them, so I would think there's a decent chance of them turning up on VM at some point. ITV4 HD would be good for the football at least.
|
Just to add, in the second of those links it does actually say that the deal is non exclusive and that ITV are in talks with other providers.
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 07:45
|
#2929
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 716
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
But it's only ITV
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 07:46
|
#2930
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Poole, Dorset
Age: 43
Services: Virgin L Broadband
Virgin XL V+ inc sports and movies HD
Virgin M Phone
Posts: 40
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge
The speedway looks fantastic whats better is its costing me less than what i was paying for sky hd happy days.
|
yeah the speedway was amazing all that was missing was the smell of methanol
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 08:52
|
#2931
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bromley
Age: 48
Posts: 2,688
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
I think I can do without Katie Price and Peter Andre in HD
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 09:06
|
#2932
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colchester
Age: 63
Services: Virgin VIP
Posts: 111
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer
I think I can do without Katie Price and Peter Andre in HD 
|
Thats one of the things I like about the SD +1 and +2 chanels. I can miss Katie and Peter at 7pm, then miss them again at 8pm and if I am really lucky miss them for a third time at 9pm
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 09:13
|
#2933
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chatham Kent
Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP)
IPhone,Ipad
Posts: 318
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Fish
Thats one of the things I like about the SD +1 and +2 chanels. I can miss Katie and Peter at 7pm, then miss them again at 8pm and if I am really lucky miss them for a third time at 9pm 
|
Like it
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 09:14
|
#2934
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear
It really is disappointing that we have had no confirmation one way or another, Sky have had it for about 6 weeks now.
I asked MB earlier today , but he has had no confirmation either.
|
This is the reason most people choose Sky, Virgin take an age to add channels.
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 09:20
|
#2935
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 153
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by fez324
Just seen on Sky News ITV are launching ITV2, ITV3 & ITV4 in HD. Did'nt give any time scale or on which platforms..
Fingers crossed for VM..
Just beat me!!!!
|
Press Association says
Quote:
|
ITV2 HD will launch in October for the start of The Xtra Factor, with ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD launching shortly afterwards.
|
BBC also add that..
Quote:
|
The broadcaster also said it would launch an ITV1+1 channel in the January 2011.
|
Media Guardian state that they are in talks with Virgin
Quote:
|
ITV's HD channels will become available to Sky+ HD subscribers in autumn, starting with ITV2 in October. ITV was in talks with other providers, Crozier said, including Virgin Media, but the deal was exclusive to Sky among satellite platforms.
|
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 09:32
|
#2936
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 391
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
i can't think of a single good programme on ITV2-4 tbh so its not like we are missing out on much!
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 09:37
|
#2937
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bromley
Age: 48
Posts: 2,688
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl
i can't think of a single good programme on ITV2-4 tbh so its not like we are missing out on much!
|
just realised ITV 4 do show some sport like football and motor racing.
Watch the odd film on there too but it is usually a repeat i've seen before.
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 09:46
|
#2938
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Upscaled Wire in the Blood and Bean repeats will be nice.
|
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 10:14
|
#2939
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,666
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Absolutely no way I would pay for ITV channels in HD
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 10:26
|
#2940
|
|
Mum 30/09/20 Dad 08/08/24
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 57
Services: 2 x TiVo 360s, SH5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Posts: 17,396
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost
Absolutely no way I would pay for ITV channels in HD
|
I wouldn't pay for ITV full stop, not after ruining F1 with adverts for all those years.
__________________
I'm a Trustee for a local charity
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:30.
|