Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
01-08-2010, 09:23
|
#91
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Beyond The Sun
Posts: 723
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyroid Help
For the people who are wary about the worth of the HD channels, they are totally worth the price IMO
|
£7 for 12 HD Channels (Sports and Movies) is worth it
£7 for 2 HD Channels (Sports Only) is not worth it, in my opinion.
Seeing as I only sub to Sports, I'll give it a miss.
|
|
|
01-08-2010, 12:09
|
#92
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Birmingham
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, XXL Broadband. PS3
Posts: 91
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45
£7 for 12 HD Channels (Sports and Movies) is worth it
£7 for 2 HD Channels (Sports Only) is not worth it, in my opinion.
Seeing as I only sub to Sports, I'll give it a miss.
|
Fair enough, but if I bought 7 movies of filmflex, I would pay an extra £7 if i bought them in HD, so £7 for hundreds of extra movies in HD and sports is a bargain. HD is a premium product everywhere charges more for it.I agree about if you only want sports though, bit pricey, but for an extra seven quid on top of the £7 for HD, you get movies as well. That's 2 pints....
|
|
|
01-08-2010, 15:06
|
#93
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
Posts: 836
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
I will order Sky Sports HD tomorrow morning.
|
|
|
01-08-2010, 15:23
|
#94
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb00thers
I will order Sky Sports HD tomorrow morning.
|
Twisted her arm now then, eh?
|
|
|
01-08-2010, 15:41
|
#95
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
Posts: 836
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B
Twisted her arm now then, eh? 
|
yh but she is PO'ed with me since she gave in
|
|
|
01-08-2010, 18:30
|
#96
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Liverpool
Services: Sky+HD TV, VM 10Mb Broadband and XL Phone.
Posts: 32
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
I've had to quit smoking to afford SS!!!!!!!
|
|
|
01-08-2010, 18:32
|
#97
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
Posts: 836
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabs
I've had to quit smoking to afford SS!!!!!!!
|
 - Everyone should state their excuses to get SSHD -
|
|
|
01-08-2010, 18:59
|
#98
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Newport
Services: 152meg BB.
XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
Posts: 979
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
I can't wait till tomorrow SS HD and Sky Movies HD tomorrow.
|
|
|
01-08-2010, 19:10
|
#99
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Services: Sky Stream
Posts: 342
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
The Other Half said I was sad ordering the Sky HD channels and being all excited about them, reading on here I'm glad I'm not the only one! Everyone, give yourself a pat on the back you've saved alot of
"I can't tell the difference, what are we paying for"
led arguments!
|
|
|
02-08-2010, 07:15
|
#100
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 311
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLUFC22
The Other Half said I was sad ordering the Sky HD channels and being all excited about them, reading on here I'm glad I'm not the only one! Everyone, give yourself a pat on the back you've saved alot of
"I can't tell the difference, what are we paying for"
led arguments!
|
My other half is like this too! Is it just a bloke thing?
|
|
|
02-08-2010, 07:52
|
#101
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bournemouth (where the sun never stops shining - lol)
Services: VM. VIP pack 152meg BB, TiVo & V+HD box on XL tv pack with Sky Sports BT Sports & Movies HD. XL Phon
Posts: 221
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by piquet41
I have too. A reajustment of my monthly spending has allowed me the luxury of the HD upgrade. Quite looking forward to crisp, clear pictures. 
|
So much for the excitment this morning, woke up, no Sports or Movies in HD. Looks like a call to CS is required
|
|
|
02-08-2010, 08:44
|
#102
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
It seams they are launching them area by area you will have the channels at some point today.
|
|
|
02-08-2010, 09:12
|
#103
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Leeds
Age: 55
Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Posts: 657
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Just had engineer here replacing our V+box with a new shiny samsung (nice box) and he does not know why we do not have the HD channels on yet. He phoned Virgin and they said it was on my account and will be on sometime in the next 24 hours and then phoned another engineer who said he was testing the channels and they are working fine, so he said give it 3 hours and phone customer services.
|
|
|
02-08-2010, 09:28
|
#104
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 174
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Mine was on at 7.00am this morning, was watching the Arsenal game from yesterday on SS2HD and was glorious, SKy Sports News was on SS1HD but it broadcast just looked SD is this because sjy sports news is not HD yet ??
|
|
|
02-08-2010, 09:35
|
#105
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northampton
Age: 49
Services: Vivid 300Mb, Tivo V6, Tivo (Full House TV)
Posts: 342
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Mine are on aleady, finally football in HD!
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:42.
|