Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
30-07-2010, 14:41
|
#61
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Services: 360 box
Posts: 5,875
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4
Thought all premiership games were supposed to be on Sky sports 1 and 2. According to livesportontv the game between Tottenham Vs Man City is on Sat 14th August 12.45pm on Sky Sports 3/HD3. Looks like sky are already pulling fast ones.
|
it on sky sports 2
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12942,00.html
|
|
|
30-07-2010, 14:45
|
#62
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Leeds
Age: 55
Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Posts: 657
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42
|
Thats all right then
|
|
|
30-07-2010, 14:54
|
#63
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Services: 360 box
Posts: 5,875
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4
Thats all right then 
|
yes can't wait to watch the football in hd after watching world cup in hd
|
|
|
30-07-2010, 15:16
|
#64
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bristol
Services: VirginMedia Premier collection.
Posts: 71
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Just had a call from Chief Exec office, Susan rang to say as VIP i would receive Sky HD channels from Monday for 6 months with £7 discount until new VIP bundle launches.
Also began new 12 month contract.
|
|
|
30-07-2010, 15:28
|
#65
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St Albans, Herts
Services: XL TV.Sky Sports/Movies, V6, VM 200MB.VM Fixed Phone
Posts: 169
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
I have not signed up for HD Sports and Movies as of Fri 30/7 1645
At the momment i have no extra HD Channels unless it is on XL TV so i am not that bothered. I have normal SD sports and movies though
I normally like to watch sports and movies for the entertainment value The SD picture is goood enough to me
I will see how it goes after it starts and then my get HD sports and movies then
andrewlutonuk
|
|
|
30-07-2010, 15:54
|
#66
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Hi, how do i email the Chief Exec office ? does any one have a link.
|
|
|
30-07-2010, 16:02
|
#67
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Well as I don't have a HD TV I see little point..They are very nice but until everything is HD and my TV breaks I see little reason to get involved.
Anyway most tv programmes are absolutely pants and old films haven't really been improved by being digitalised and I can't see that watching reruns will be improved by HD.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
30-07-2010, 17:42
|
#68
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell
I never understand why a new broadcast day starts at 6am and not on or around midnight 
|
Because lots of people are still watching TV at midnight, and would get upset by engineering works which could or do cause interruption to service. So instead the channels are added in the early hours, and the STBs informed of the change at 6am.
|
|
|
30-07-2010, 18:11
|
#69
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chatham Kent
Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP)
IPhone,Ipad
Posts: 318
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D
Hi, just to let everyone know all Sky Movies HD channels and Sky Sports HD1 & HD2 go live at 6am on Monday Morning.
|
so we switch on the tele and there just be there
|
|
|
30-07-2010, 21:05
|
#70
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Signed up, not too difficult a choice for me as a subscriber to Sky Sports and Movies - just to balance things out binned Picturebox. Never really felt that the movies on it were the greatest in quality
|
|
|
31-07-2010, 16:12
|
#71
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
Posts: 836
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
I will sign up first thing monday. Not signing up now due to there not being English call centre staff available weekends.
|
|
|
31-07-2010, 16:32
|
#72
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb00thers
I will sign up first thing monday. Not signing up now due to there not being English call centre staff available weekends.
|
You could do it online.
|
|
|
31-07-2010, 17:26
|
#73
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northampton
Age: 49
Services: Vivid 300Mb, Tivo V6, Tivo (Full House TV)
Posts: 342
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb00thers
I will sign up first thing monday. Not signing up now due to there not being English call centre staff available weekends.
|
I actually spoke to a Welsh guy today, nearly english. Can't sign up over the phone till Monday, as not available to add yet. Did mine online took 2 minutes.
|
|
|
31-07-2010, 18:07
|
#74
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
Posts: 836
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Yes, but online it does not say serieal number for the box I want it on. As I only want it on 1 of the 2 boxes I have. Plus it says do you want ebilling - and I already have it so dunno what to do. It could mess my bill up.
|
|
|
31-07-2010, 18:30
|
#75
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North West England
Services: 2x TiVo
Posts: 312
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb00thers
Yes, but online it does not say serieal number for the box I want it on. As I only want it on 1 of the 2 boxes I have. Plus it says do you want ebilling - and I already have it so dunno what to do. It could mess my bill up.
|
On mine it just says something like "We set up ebilling for you for free. If you want paper bills for X amount a month tick this box".
I just left it unchecked (as I have ebilling anyway) and its worked fine. Already have access to normal Sky Sports 1.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:14.
|