28-07-2010, 10:39
|
#76
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Services: V+ XL
Posts: 93
|
Re: Recording Twice Issues
Here we go again, this is getting ridiculous.
Checked my Planned Recordings (PR) this morning and all looked ok. Later, the box crashed when accessing BBC red button and rebooted itself. Now in PR, every episode of Doctors appears twice and as I'm recording something else then, there is a clash.
Grr. ok, so I delete the Planned Series for Doctors, which then clears all of them. Then go to Set Series again and it says ok, go to PR and nothing appears for Doctors. Go to the Planned Series and it shows Doctors as Unknown Channel.
Only able to set up the single PR for each day by doing them individually. So, if I hadn't been around all these would have failed.
It would be nice if Virgin did something about this, as it seems to be a nationwide problem and not restricted to areas. We are paying for something that doesn't work as it should.
|
|
|
29-07-2010, 17:38
|
#77
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Recording Twice Issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by shugg mcglummfer
Here we go again, this is getting ridiculous.
Checked my Planned Recordings (PR) this morning and all looked ok. Later, the box crashed when accessing BBC red button and rebooted itself. Now in PR, every episode of Doctors appears twice and as I'm recording something else then, there is a clash.
Grr. ok, so I delete the Planned Series for Doctors, which then clears all of them. Then go to Set Series again and it says ok, go to PR and nothing appears for Doctors. Go to the Planned Series and it shows Doctors as Unknown Channel.
Only able to set up the single PR for each day by doing them individually. So, if I hadn't been around all these would have failed.
It would be nice if Virgin did something about this, as it seems to be a nationwide problem and not restricted to areas. We are paying for something that doesn't work as it should.
|
It is being worked on, but rushing a code download is a big no no, as it may cause other issues.
The new code has to be properly tested to ensure it doen't cause another bug when it fixes this one.
|
|
|
29-07-2010, 18:59
|
#78
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Services: V+ XL
Posts: 93
|
Re: Recording Twice Issues
Thanks for your post.
|
|
|
07-08-2010, 08:39
|
#79
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey
Services: Virgin - V+ XL TV, Broadband Internet, Phone, Mobile.
Posts: 2
|
Re: Recording Twice Issues
I get a programme record every day it shows as recording now but 0hr 00min. We delete it but regular as clockwork it is back the next day. Never fails unlike some other "real" programmes.
|
|
|
09-08-2010, 08:16
|
#80
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oxfordshire
Services: Tivo-XL, BB-XL, Pnone-XL, VM Mobile x 2, Topfield 5800 Freeview
Posts: 72
|
Re: Recording Twice Issues
I did a clean-up of my series link planned recordings, as some series had ended, and I was having this twice-recording issue.
Deleted all series - and re-instated the ones I wanted.
Upshot is I haven't, as yet, seen the problem again. Could be just lucky but could be worth a try.
|
|
|
09-08-2010, 17:30
|
#81
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London..init
Services: Virgin Media
Posts: 93
|
Re: Recording Twice Issues
might be worth doing, last time I checked I had 100 lined up.
Thanks
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:32.
|