Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2010, 23:44   #31
mhatter67
Guest
 
Location: Luton
Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Posts: n/a
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

I signed up £7 for my only box, I am a sucker for HD
  Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2010, 05:29   #32
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker
 
Sirius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,099
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
£21! So you're paying £42.50 for Sky HD channels. You really are pushing the boat out for the HD aren't you
Well you have to try it for the first month, I also have a nice staff package
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user

https://nobaraproject.org/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 07:53   #33
cambridgemark
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge
Services: V+ XL TV, BB L
Posts: 80
cambridgemark is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

I'll be getting them once I've moved house. I already get more than a £7 discount from the standard prices after phoning retentions last year to discuss my options with VM and Sky so seems worth it.
cambridgemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 08:08   #34
colin1234
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Services: VIP 20
Posts: 43
colin1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

Hi
Think i may wait to see what they come up with in regards to the new VIP package.
Probably could get the 6 months discount (nearly out of contract) but dont want to sign new 12 month contract untill i see what the new VIP will be.
colin1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 08:35   #35
Krankor
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 47
Krankor is on a distinguished roadKrankor is on a distinguished road
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

I ordered them, but only for one box.

Roll on Monday!
Krankor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 08:53   #36
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Woking
Age: 56
Posts: 2,266
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

Nope, not doubling my bill just for those channels. I'll be swapping to Sky when I move house as the HD quality is better in my opinion.
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 09:04   #37
richard1960
Guest
 
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

As i do not sub to the movies £7 for two sports HD channels seems excessive so i have not signed up,otherwise i might have tried HD for a couple of months if vm had all the sports channels for that price.
  Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 14:30   #38
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

Hi, has anyone here who is an existing customer been given a good deal when they've phoned up to subscribe to Sky Sports HD. My 12 month contract expires soon and i'm looking for the best deal including Sky Sports HD.
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 14:49   #39
Mobes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Hi, has anyone here who is an existing customer been given a good deal when they've phoned up to subscribe to Sky Sports HD. My 12 month contract expires soon and i'm looking for the best deal including Sky Sports HD.
Well I want SKY HD on 2 boxes... i just MAY be getting them on both for £7.00 instead of £14... maybe....

So no real help from me then LOL...

EDIT: Got the deal. I had all the Sky channels before and wanted HD. VM were nice enough to allow me all the Sky HD on 2 v+ boxes for £7.00 a month. Nice one VM
  Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 15:31   #40
VirginMediaPhil
Inactive
 
VirginMediaPhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North West England
Services: 2x TiVo
Posts: 312
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

I've signed up to Sky Sports HD1. I didn't have Sky Sports before, or any premium channel really (except for Disney Cinemagic a while after the Disney Channels went on to the XL pack) so I decided to sign up seeing as I'd be watching more football now for many different reasons that are too long to go into. Thought I'd have to wait until the 2nd but Sky Sports 1 SD is already available on my box.
VirginMediaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 17:09   #41
Rockstar6662
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Services: TV : VM XL BB : VM 20Mb
Posts: 13
Rockstar6662 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

Well I've thought about it and just phoned up to sign up and see how it looks. The world cup games in HD were great so hopefully it'll be worth it.

Have dropped my BB down to L though as well counter the increased cost of the HD.
Rockstar6662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 18:57   #42
jodash
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chatham Kent
Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
Posts: 318
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

yes for both boxes
jodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 19:17   #43
colin25
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
Posts: 5,536
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

Yes, just did it. Was not going to, but £7 buys me two pints, and enough money for a packet of crisps...and as i don't drink much, and never eat crisps...not much to lose.

If ****ed off, I'll just unsubscribe. wait, can i say "****ed"...ok..if i feel like relieving myself off...I'll unsubscribe.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 11:36   #44
Dean Ashton
cf.member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cambridge
Services: VIP50 + TiVo
Posts: 63
Dean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really nice
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

I *think* I've signed up!

When I emailed the CEO's office, the woman who phoned/emailed me back (June) mentioned the 6 month £7 discount if I took out a new 12 month contract and also said:
Quote:
I hope I have clarified our position and I will keep your details and add the HD and credit codes unless you advise otherwise.
I replied telling her that this was great, and that I'd be happy for her to add.

Thing is, is there any way of telling whether this has been done (short of phoning CS)? The Sky HD channels are all appearing in white (rather than they greyed out look of unavailable/unsubscribed channels), but it contains the standard blurb about phoning CS to add to my package.

Guess I'm concerned that come Sky HD day (2nd August) I don't have the channels, and I have to go round the houses explaining to CS that someone in the CEOs office said I was having the channels without paying the £7 for 6 months..

Dean
Dean Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 11:46   #45
bargepole
cf.member
 
bargepole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bury, Lancs
Services: Virgin 150meg, VM phone, Virgin TV XL , V+, Tivo, Virgin mobile
Posts: 87
bargepole is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

I'm thinking of getting skysports 1 for the footy, currently have XL TV so get ESPN and ESPN HD.

Quoted extra £13.50pm for skysports 1, if I want HD will I have to pay an extra £7pm ie £20.50pm?

If so it seems a bit unfair to have one blanket payment for these HD channels.
bargepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:42.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum