Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
27-07-2010, 23:44
|
#31
|
|
Guest
Location: Luton
Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
I signed up £7 for my only box, I am a sucker for HD
|
|
|
|
28-07-2010, 05:29
|
#32
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,099
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B
£21! So you're paying £42.50 for Sky HD channels. You really are pushing the boat out for the HD aren't you  
|
Well you have to try it for the first month, I also have a nice staff package
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
28-07-2010, 07:53
|
#33
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge
Services: V+ XL TV, BB L
Posts: 80
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
I'll be getting them once I've moved house. I already get more than a £7 discount from the standard prices after phoning retentions last year to discuss my options with VM and Sky so seems worth it.
|
|
|
28-07-2010, 08:08
|
#34
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2006
Services: VIP 20
Posts: 43
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Hi
Think i may wait to see what they come up with in regards to the new VIP package.
Probably could get the 6 months discount (nearly out of contract) but dont want to sign new 12 month contract untill i see what the new VIP will be.
|
|
|
28-07-2010, 08:35
|
#35
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 47
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
I ordered them, but only for one box.
Roll on Monday!
|
|
|
28-07-2010, 08:53
|
#36
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Woking
Age: 56
Posts: 2,266
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Nope, not doubling my bill just for those channels. I'll be swapping to Sky when I move house as the HD quality is better in my opinion.
|
|
|
28-07-2010, 09:04
|
#37
|
|
Guest
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
As i do not sub to the movies £7 for two sports HD channels seems excessive so i have not signed up,otherwise i might have tried HD for a couple of months if vm had all the sports channels for that price.
|
|
|
|
28-07-2010, 14:30
|
#38
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Hi, has anyone here who is an existing customer been given a good deal when they've phoned up to subscribe to Sky Sports HD. My 12 month contract expires soon and i'm looking for the best deal including Sky Sports HD.
|
|
|
28-07-2010, 14:49
|
#39
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D
Hi, has anyone here who is an existing customer been given a good deal when they've phoned up to subscribe to Sky Sports HD. My 12 month contract expires soon and i'm looking for the best deal including Sky Sports HD.
|
Well I want SKY HD on 2 boxes... i just MAY be getting them on both for £7.00 instead of £14... maybe....
So no real help from me then LOL...
EDIT: Got the deal. I had all the Sky channels before and wanted HD. VM were nice enough to allow me all the Sky HD on 2 v+ boxes for £7.00 a month. Nice one VM
|
|
|
|
28-07-2010, 15:31
|
#40
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North West England
Services: 2x TiVo
Posts: 312
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
I've signed up to Sky Sports HD1. I didn't have Sky Sports before, or any premium channel really (except for Disney Cinemagic a while after the Disney Channels went on to the XL pack) so I decided to sign up seeing as I'd be watching more football now for many different reasons that are too long to go into. Thought I'd have to wait until the 2nd but Sky Sports 1 SD is already available on my box.
|
|
|
28-07-2010, 17:09
|
#41
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Services: TV : VM XL
BB : VM 20Mb
Posts: 13
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Well I've thought about it and just phoned up to sign up and see how it looks. The world cup games in HD were great so hopefully it'll be worth it.
Have dropped my BB down to L though as well counter the increased cost of the HD.
|
|
|
28-07-2010, 18:57
|
#42
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chatham Kent
Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP)
IPhone,Ipad
Posts: 318
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
yes for both boxes
|
|
|
28-07-2010, 19:17
|
#43
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
Posts: 5,536
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Yes, just did it. Was not going to, but £7 buys me two pints, and enough money for a packet of crisps...and as i don't drink much, and never eat crisps...not much to lose.
If ****ed off, I'll just unsubscribe. wait, can i say "****ed"...ok..if i feel like relieving myself off...I'll unsubscribe.
|
|
|
29-07-2010, 11:36
|
#44
|
|
cf.member
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cambridge
Services: VIP50 + TiVo
Posts: 63
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
I *think* I've signed up!
When I emailed the CEO's office, the woman who phoned/emailed me back (June) mentioned the 6 month £7 discount if I took out a new 12 month contract and also said:
Quote:
|
I hope I have clarified our position and I will keep your details and add the HD and credit codes unless you advise otherwise.
|
I replied telling her that this was great, and that I'd be happy for her to add.
Thing is, is there any way of telling whether this has been done (short of phoning CS)? The Sky HD channels are all appearing in white (rather than they greyed out look of unavailable/unsubscribed channels), but it contains the standard blurb about phoning CS to add to my package.
Guess I'm concerned that come Sky HD day (2nd August) I don't have the channels, and I have to go round the houses explaining to CS that someone in the CEOs office said I was having the channels without paying the £7 for 6 months..
Dean
|
|
|
29-07-2010, 11:46
|
#45
|
|
cf.member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bury, Lancs
Services: Virgin 150meg, VM phone, Virgin TV XL , V+, Tivo, Virgin mobile
Posts: 87
|
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
I'm thinking of getting skysports 1 for the footy, currently have XL TV so get ESPN and ESPN HD.
Quoted extra £13.50pm for skysports 1, if I want HD will I have to pay an extra £7pm ie £20.50pm?
If so it seems a bit unfair to have one blanket payment for these HD channels.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:38.
|