Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
20-07-2010, 12:18
|
#2251
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,567
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno
just did a quick price comparison using the websites for TV only, ongoing monthly price.
Sky £67.50 43 HD channels.
Virgin £63.50 30 HD channels.
That is everything available
ESPN
Sports
Movies
HD subs
Virgin is ridiculously overpriced in comparison.
|
It's cheaper yet over priced?
Especially considering of the 13 HD channels missing we know for a fact the Sky basics are on their way?
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 12:21
|
#2252
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
People on here need to start appriecating the effort Virgin have put in the last year to secure plenty of HD Channels. ESPN HD for free was a masterstroke. Anyone who has a problem with the latest announcements just go to Sky then. Grass is not always greener on the other side.
|
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 12:21
|
#2253
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hindley
Services: 2 V+HD Boxes 10mb Broadband
Posts: 51
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon
It's cheaper yet over priced?
Especially considering of the 13 HD channels missing we know for a fact the Sky basics are on their way?
|
The 30 VM wil have includes the sky basics
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 12:22
|
#2254
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1981
Thanks, I tried that site, but it only gave prices for the sd channels + the hd ones, I already have the sd ones, may call again when I get home from work.
|
On the how to buy page http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...ow-to-buy.html it says:
You can get Sky Premium channels with or without HD. Watching in HD costs just £7 a month for each set top box you want to use. Your Sky Premium channels will be available in standard definition on all your Virgin set top boxes whichever option you choose.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 12:24
|
#2255
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 372
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1981
Thanks, I tried that site, but it only gave prices for the sd channels + the hd ones, I already have the sd ones, may call again when I get home from work.
Also when I phoned there was a recorded message saying I hadn't swapped my card out yet, I have done this already, and our box downsatairs was only installed recently and came with the N3 card, should I be worried? Thanks
|
Ive been getting the swapped card message and called them to ask. Its a system error apparently and nothing to worry about.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 12:25
|
#2256
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 45
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno
just did a quick price comparison using the websites for TV only, ongoing monthly price.
Sky £67.50 43 HD channels.
Virgin £63.50 30 HD channels.
That is everything available
ESPN
Sports
Movies
HD subs
Virgin is ridiculously overpriced in comparison.
|
dont forget vm get all the tv choice, tv on demand, and music all included.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 12:46
|
#2257
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 38
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by millsman
The 30 VM wil have includes the sky basics
|
Just what are the sky basics?
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 12:47
|
#2258
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 102
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
SKY:
All packs + all sports and movies (incl ESPN) £57.50
HD subscription £10
Line rental £11
Broadband FREE
Total Sky cost £78.50
Virgin:
XL £24.50
Broadband £20.50
Sports+Movies £34.50
Line rental £11.99
Total Virgin cost £91.49
So Sky is £12.99/month cheaper, and you get more HD channels.
Can someone please contradict me here, and I am struggling to see how Virgin can claim to be competitive?
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 12:50
|
#2259
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chartwell
SKY:
All packs + all sports and movies (incl ESPN) £57.50
HD subscription £10
Line rental £11
Broadband FREE
Total Sky cost £78.50
Virgin:
XL £24.50
Broadband £20.50
Sports+Movies £34.50
Line rental £11.99
Total Virgin cost £91.49
So Sky is £12.99/month cheaper, and you get more HD channels.
Can someone please contradict me here, and I am struggling to see how Virgin can claim to be competitive?
|
Your prices for Virgin are out
TV XL is sold at £23
Minimum broadband sold is £12.50
Sports and Movies is £27.50
HD Bolt on is £7
Line rental is £11.99
=£81.99 (but then that includes ESPN HD which is an extra on Sky)
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 12:53
|
#2260
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 102
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
BenMcr - I am charged £24.50 for XL and £20.50 for M broadband, but I do still get a £7.50 discount after trying to leave when Virgin got rid of Sky1. So XL TV & M broadband for me is £37.50. You claim it should be £35.50?
Also, my Sky price included the ESPN charge
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 12:57
|
#2261
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chartwell
BenMcr - I am charged £24.50 for XL and £20.50 for M broadband, but I do still get a £7.50 discount after trying to leave when Virgin got rid of Sky1. So XL TV & M broadband for me is £37.50. You claim it should be £35.50?
Also, my Sky price included the ESPN charge
|
You have a BB and TV bundle. The prices quoted by Ben requires a phoneline to achieve the discounts.
The nearest bundle to what you have today is TV XL and BB L which would be £42.50, I think.
PS I have the same bundle as you, TV XL and BB M and pay £1 less than you as I have the original ebilling discount.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 12:58
|
#2262
|
|
Guest
Services: XL tv/L internet, Tivo(1Tb.), SA V+.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chartwell
SKY:
All packs + all sports and movies (incl ESPN) £57.50
HD subscription £10
Line rental £11
Broadband FREE
Total Sky cost £78.50
Virgin:
XL £24.50
Broadband £20.50
Sports+Movies £34.50
Line rental £11.99
Total Virgin cost £91.49
So Sky is £12.99/month cheaper, and you get more HD channels.
Can someone please contradict me here, and I am struggling to see how Virgin can claim to be competitive?
|
A couple of points you have put Sky broadband as free but unless something has changed that is for a heavily capped inferior product. That is if you can get free broadband. If I put my phone number into the Sky bundle planner it comes up with £15 (the last time I looked) and again that is for the inferior Sky connect product.
Second point if you take out tv + phone + internet as a bundle with VM it comes out at under £50 whereas you have it as £57. Something may have changed since I last looked so someone correct me if I am wrong.
|
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 13:05
|
#2263
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Newport
Services: 152meg BB.
XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
Posts: 979
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
I just pre ordered my premuim HD channels... SWEET!! Only on the one box though.
I think they should put all there non freeview HD channels into the £7 per box package now. Or they should definetly put all new HD channels from now on in the £7 per box option.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 13:05
|
#2264
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newtownabbey, N.I.
Services: TV Virgin XL V+
BB M
Posts: 35
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
|
Minimum broadband sold is £12.50
|
must give them a call I'm paying £25 for L
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 13:07
|
#2265
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by swsproule
must give them a call I'm paying £25 for L
|
yes but you will have some sort of discount line on your bill. Everyone's bill shows BB L as £25.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:59.
|