Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2010, 11:04   #1156
trevrpb
Inactive
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Peterborough
Services: ultimate oomph bundle M500
Posts: 167
trevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nice
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Without the red button on Vm, there is no point in getting Sky Sports, as with Football First, you have to go via the red button. But there again VM never advise you of these things when you go in for it.
I personally don't think the lack of a red button is reason NOT to get Sky Sports....it doesn't survive on just red button activity

There is always the possibility that SKY could make available the separate feeds for all the matches to Virgin who then allocate them to individual positions on the EPG until red button is available.

We shall see
trevrpb is offline  
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2010, 11:17   #1157
Krankor
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 47
Krankor is on a distinguished roadKrankor is on a distinguished road
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Aren't Sky stopping their HD charge (caveat) if you take Sky Sports, Sky Movies and ESPN.
Which I guess for the majority of Sky's premium viewers will mean no change in price but get ESPN for free?

Apologies in advance if I'm wrong, but I thought this was to kick in on Oct 1st.
Krankor is offline  
Old 11-07-2010, 11:23   #1158
richard1960
Guest
 
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrpb View Post
I personally don't think the lack of a red button is reason NOT to get Sky Sports....it doesn't survive on just red button activity

There is always the possibility that SKY could make available the separate feeds for all the matches to Virgin who then allocate them to individual positions on the EPG until red button is available.

We shall see
Sky have absolutely no record in the past at of feeding red button matches to vms sky sports subscribers! via serparate feeds. Why would they start now.

Many is the time despite being a sky sports subscriber on vm, i have started watching a cricket match including one this season featuring my local team only to be told coverage will continue on our "interactive service " bl--dy marvellous i thought.

I cancelled sky sports immediately after this debacle only to re-subscribe with the promise of "red Button" interactive on the way.

I am not interested very much in the football so i pay £20 a month mainly for the cricket not to pay through the nose and have it denied to me,any more of that i will cancel for sure and stick to radio only coverage on radio five live for England Matches and local bbc stations who cover my county cricket team matches,and sky sports can do one.
 
Old 11-07-2010, 11:34   #1159
trevrpb
Inactive
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Peterborough
Services: ultimate oomph bundle M500
Posts: 167
trevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nice
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Sky have absolutely no record in the past at of feeding red button matches to vms sky sports subscribers! Why would they start now.

.
I didn't say they would, I said perhaps they 'could'. Things have moved on if you hadn't noticed. As they ARE going to make the red button available I suggested that as a possible stop gap.

trevrpb is offline  
Old 11-07-2010, 11:38   #1160
nialli
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Greenwich, SE10
Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
Posts: 865
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Maybe Virgin needs to improve the Red Button service (maybe even working on the same day as you press the button?!) before it can offer Sky Sports Red button services? If so then maybe they will do this with TiVo, hence 2011?
I don't agree that it is essential to have Red button services to enjoy Sky Sports. Aside from Football First and early matches in the Champions League, the services on it are at best a distraction and hardly essential.
nialli is offline  
Old 11-07-2010, 11:59   #1161
richard1960
Guest
 
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrpb View Post
I didn't say they would, I said perhaps they 'could'. Things have moved on if you hadn't noticed. As they ARE going to make the red button available I suggested that as a possible stop gap.

Yes thanks i had noticed things had moved on!

I also have seen an advert which states vm will not have an interactive service for sky sports until 2011 on the sky website,they are hardly going to use an advert to gain advantage over vm are they ie interactivity, and then start supplying as extra feeds to vm that which they are saying the advantage is! now are they?.

The real reason Red Button is being made available is 1) the ofcom deal. and 2) the selling of vms channels to sky which also has a cluase i believe about vm getting access to sky sports interactive not out of the goodness of skys heart.

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Maybe Virgin needs to improve the Red Button service (maybe even working on the same day as you press the button?!) before it can offer Sky Sports Red button services? If so then maybe they will do this with TiVo, hence 2011?
I don't agree that it is essential to have Red button services to enjoy Sky Sports. Aside from Football First and early matches in the Champions League, the services on it are at best a distraction and hardly essential.
Whilst in essence i agree with some parts of your post to start watching my local county cricket team Essex on sky sports earlier in the season and then have it switch after 90 mins play to Red Button was a bit of a p-sser,it meant i could not watch my teams match and yet i thought i was paying to watch them.

With Football which is what most people watch at least sky show all i think of the englsh team matches on sky sports channels in the champions league only the foreign matches tend to be on interactive.

But overall i do see your point.
 
Old 11-07-2010, 12:46   #1162
Chad
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

If I have to pay an extra charge for SKY Sports and SKY Movies HD I won't be too happy. Once a simulcast HD version of a channel has been launched I never watch the SD version. I haven't once watched a programme on STV, Channel 4 or E4 since the HD versions came along.

What I can't understand is why you should have to pay for 2 versions of the same channel. Once the HD Movie channels launch I'll never watch any of the SD versions, same goes for SKY Sports 1 & 2. Why should I pay to receive channels I'll never watch in order to receive the HD version?

I wouldn't mind paying for the HD versions if I could drop the SD versions from my subscription, and save some money.
Chad is offline  
Old 11-07-2010, 13:52   #1163
howardmicks
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Preston
Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
Posts: 1,947
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
If I have to pay an extra charge for SKY Sports and SKY Movies HD I won't be too happy. Once a simulcast HD version of a channel has been launched I never watch the SD version. I haven't once watched a programme on STV, Channel 4 or E4 since the HD versions came along.

What I can't understand is why you should have to pay for 2 versions of the same channel. Once the HD Movie channels launch I'll never watch any of the SD versions, same goes for SKY Sports 1 & 2. Why should I pay to receive channels I'll never watch in order to receive the HD version?

I wouldn't mind paying for the HD versions if I could drop the SD versions from my subscription, and save some money.
howardmicks is offline  
Old 11-07-2010, 14:44   #1164
muppetman11
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
If I have to pay an extra charge for SKY Sports and SKY Movies HD I won't be too happy. Once a simulcast HD version of a channel has been launched I never watch the SD version. I haven't once watched a programme on STV, Channel 4 or E4 since the HD versions came along.

What I can't understand is why you should have to pay for 2 versions of the same channel. Once the HD Movie channels launch I'll never watch any of the SD versions, same goes for SKY Sports 1 & 2. Why should I pay to receive channels I'll never watch in order to receive the HD version?

I wouldn't mind paying for the HD versions if I could drop the SD versions from my subscription, and save some money.
Couldn't have put it better myself. At 20.50 for Sky Sports the HD version should be included.
muppetman11 is offline  
Old 11-07-2010, 14:55   #1165
Mikey1981
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
Services: Virgin Media VIP 2 V+HD boxes , XL BB, XL Phone and Mobiles x2
Posts: 180
Mikey1981 will become famous soon enoughMikey1981 will become famous soon enoughMikey1981 will become famous soon enough
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

M & L packs have just had reductions on there SkySports subs, but XL hasn't I wont be happy if being an XL cust means I didn't save anything and have to pay more for HD simulcast versions of channels I already have.
Mikey1981 is offline  
Old 11-07-2010, 15:03   #1166
ottoni
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 311
ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1981 View Post
M & L packs have just had reductions on there SkySports subs, but XL hasn't I wont be happy if being an XL cust means I didn't save anything and have to pay more for HD simulcast versions of channels I already have.
There has been so much rumour and speculation over all of this that now its getting ridiculous. Media boy said there would be some charge, not necessarily for xl or vip customers, but who knows? To be honest sky subscribers are no wiser either, with their forums talking about the £10 fee to be waived in certain circumstances. Lets just be patient, TBH if your a virgin customer you have to be!! but come on lets get the more important things into perspective like when will LUXE hd launch for godsake!!
ottoni is offline  
Old 11-07-2010, 15:18   #1167
Chad
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

LUXE HD? I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for DivaTV HD! Now there's a channel I'd be happy to pay £10.00 extra a month for
Chad is offline  
Old 11-07-2010, 15:30   #1168
muppetman11
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
LUXE HD? I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for DivaTV HD! Now there's a channel I'd be happy to pay £10.00 extra a month for
Luxe HD and Rush HD can't believe Sky even count these in there HD count there trash.
muppetman11 is offline  
Old 11-07-2010, 15:34   #1169
trevrpb
Inactive
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Peterborough
Services: ultimate oomph bundle M500
Posts: 167
trevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nice
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

I wouldn't mind paying for the HD versions if I could drop the SD versions from my subscription, and save some money.
That would be an ideal situation and something I would definitely be up for.

If SS HD 1&2 are now purely simulcasts of the SD channels, I want to pay for just the HD feed as that is what I will be watch every time Wether virgin would be allowed to offer just the HD broadcasts to those that wanted them and if that would be viable or permissable from SKY under the contracts between them who knows.

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Luxe HD and Rush HD can't believe Sky even count these in there HD count there trash.
Muppetman . We agree !!!!!!
trevrpb is offline  
Old 11-07-2010, 15:52   #1170
donkbong
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK, Birmingham
Services: Virgin Media - 10MB Broadband Virgin Media - Phone Line Virgin Media -Talk Unlimited Sky+HD 1B
Posts: 46
donkbong will become famous soon enoughdonkbong will become famous soon enoughdonkbong will become famous soon enough
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Hello i don't know if i mention this on friday i had a letter from sky asking to come to back to sky and they will give free 12 months Sky Sports . But i do not want to leave virgin media. I'm stuck don't know what to do.
donkbong is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:34.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum