My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
06-07-2010, 18:18
|
#91
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Still a great feature though, glad it has been added even though there is a few bugs
|
|
|
08-07-2010, 18:40
|
#92
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Apr 2008
Services: V6 with Maxit, Sky Sports HD, TNT Sports, Sky Cinema. 250Mb broadband, Talk Anytime.
Posts: 645
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
There are some known listing issues that should be fixed soon.
|
Nice one, thanks for that. I've been playing with it a bit more, and it seems that Catch-Up is the only tab not searching. Everything else is really impressive.
Any ideas on a timescale for these issues to be fixed? I'm just wondering whether we're talking days or weeks..
Thanks
|
|
|
08-07-2010, 21:17
|
#93
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Not sure, but definately not before the World Cup ends as Virgin stop with a lot of TV changes to minimise any possibility of channel loss (no matter how brief)
|
|
|
12-07-2010, 18:53
|
#94
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Apr 2008
Services: V6 with Maxit, Sky Sports HD, TNT Sports, Sky Cinema. 250Mb broadband, Talk Anytime.
Posts: 645
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
Not sure, but definately not before the World Cup ends as Virgin stop with a lot of TV changes to minimise any possibility of channel loss (no matter how brief)
|
Thanks. Working in mobile telecoms operations myself, I can totally appreciate a change freeze during "peak" periods, although quite why the new search function was introduced in such a period - is a little lost on me.
I'd be interested to know if these search issues are resolved before the weekend, as I've got a tech visit now booked for this and one other issue Saturday morning. I don't think for one minute it's a box issue, but CS insisted on a home visit to "investigate" this, so if that's what it takes...
|
|
|
12-07-2010, 18:56
|
#95
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts
Thanks. Working in mobile telecoms operations myself, I can totally appreciate a change freeze during "peak" periods, although quite why the new search function was introduced in such a period - is a little lost on me.
I'd be interested to know if these search issues are resolved before the weekend, as I've got a tech visit now booked for this and one other issue Saturday morning. I don't think for one minute it's a box issue, but CS insisted on a home visit to "investigate" this, so if that's what it takes...
|
With DTV the are only so many scenarios and each one has what is required to fix the issue, and if it advises a engineer visit is required then an engineer visit is what you will get.
|
|
|
08-08-2010, 20:43
|
#96
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Apr 2008
Services: V6 with Maxit, Sky Sports HD, TNT Sports, Sky Cinema. 250Mb broadband, Talk Anytime.
Posts: 645
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
Not sure, but definately not before the World Cup ends as Virgin stop with a lot of TV changes to minimise any possibility of channel loss (no matter how brief)
|
At least a month since the football finished, and the bug is still very much evident..
I really do hope this isn't going to be brushed under the carpet!
Rgds
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:48.
|