26-06-2010, 21:23
|
#46
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
My SA managed to record Doctor Who twice tonight.
|
|
|
27-06-2010, 08:38
|
#47
|
|
Born again teenager.
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester. (VM area 20)
Age: 78
Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB.
Phone-Anytime Chatter
Posts: 13,922
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Same here Masque.
Although I have several of the programmes already mentioned in this thread set to series record I have, until last night, had no doubling up of recordings. I joined the the gang last night with Dr Who.  I do hope this is just a glitch.
__________________
"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx..... "but whilst I do I shall do so disgracefully." Jo Glynne
|
|
|
27-06-2010, 08:41
|
#48
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne
Same here Masque.
Although I have several of the programmes already mentioned in this thread set to series record I have, until last night, had no doubling up of recordings. I joined the the gang last night with Dr Who.  I do hope this is just a glitch.
|
Spiderplant has already stated earlier in this thread thaat it is a software glitch that should be sorted with a future update.
My box has not done this for weeks.
|
|
|
27-06-2010, 08:45
|
#49
|
|
Born again teenager.
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester. (VM area 20)
Age: 78
Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB.
Phone-Anytime Chatter
Posts: 13,922
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Fingers crossed my doubling-up was part of Spiders software glitch. It just seems strange that this is the first time it's happened on our V+. I don't want to loose my old V+.
__________________
"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx..... "but whilst I do I shall do so disgracefully." Jo Glynne
|
|
|
28-06-2010, 14:38
|
#50
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Sorry, missed this one earlier. The double recordings are caused by an error in the EPG data that is broadcast. Swapping the box won't fix it.
Just delete either of the unwanted recordings. You can remove one of them from Planned Recordings if you happen to notice them before they have recorded.
|
|
|
28-06-2010, 14:44
|
#51
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Casualty recorded twice at the weekend on my Sammy V+
No harm done just really annoying! lol.
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
28-06-2010, 18:19
|
#52
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Itshim
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by me
Can you be more specific about the hangs on CUTV? Where does it hang? Any error codes? Does it recover by itself eventually, or do you need to reboot?
|
1) Its plays for perhaps for a couple of minutes then it stops. as in freeze frame
2) None at all .see above
3) Close down is the only way out. Tried to run 3 times & just got bored & gave up!!
|
Yuk! Lots more questions....
You mentioned Virgin1 in the original post. Does it only happen on Virgin1 assets?
If you watch the same one twice, does it lock up at the same place?
Can you give me an example asset that does it, and tell me the time that it locks up?
When it locks up, does the counter in the front of the box also stop?
Do you have a Samsung or SA box?
ps to mods. Please can this be moved back to the other thread, as it's unrelated to the duplicate recordings?
|
|
|
28-06-2010, 18:37
|
#53
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Swindon
Services: VIP
Posts: 15
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
My SA V+ managed to record (or said it had and I know it's not possible) to record the F1 on Sunday 4 times! Although it did say it was the Formula 1 that had been recorded, on playback it hadn't recorded what was on BBC 2 but what was on BBC 1. It managed to record Eastenders twice as the other 2 records were corrupt!! A little annoying but glad we have iPlayer
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 14:15
|
#54
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nottingham
Services: VVIP500
Posts: 439
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
I had 4 recordings of Eastenders a few days back. By the time I found it 3 had 'completed' and 1 was still going at 3 hours later!
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 19:26
|
#55
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Croydon
Age: 40
Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Posts: 1,310
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
You've Been Framed was down to record twice on Saturday (two differently named programmes however) and nearly failed to record Dr Who...that wouldn't have been popular lol!
|
|
|
03-07-2010, 10:21
|
#56
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
|
Anyone else getting this?
I have 2 V+ boxes and both seem to have a mind of their own.
I too get muliple recording on several channels but even worse one box records programs I never asked for?
These 'extra' recordings quickly fill up the 80 hours allowed and its a daily battle to get rid of them.
I also get quite a few programs split into 2 as others have reported.
The biggest problem is that after deleting some recordings they reappear in a an hours or so but this time they show zero length and "NOW" next to them.
Any ideas how to get rid of them permanently?
thanks
|
|
|
03-07-2010, 11:40
|
#57
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
|
Re: Anyone else getting this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am_I_Losing_It ?
I have 2 V+ boxes and both seem to have a mind of their own.
I too get muliple recording on several channels but even worse one box records programs I never asked for?
These 'extra' recordings quickly fill up the 80 hours allowed and its a daily battle to get rid of them.
I also get quite a few programs split into 2 as others have reported.
The biggest problem is that after deleting some recordings they reappear in a an hours or so but this time they show zero length and "NOW" next to them.
Any ideas how to get rid of them permanently?
thanks
|
The only way as far as I know is to format the hard drive. This will remove all recordings and all series links though.
|
|
|
03-07-2010, 19:52
|
#58
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
I have two recordings of DIY SOS, the first from last November. I delete them daily, but they keep coming back with 'Recording Now' next to them. I can even watch them right through...
Spooky?
|
|
|
03-07-2010, 19:56
|
#59
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Quote:
Originally Posted by fontabug
I have two recordings of DIY SOS, the first from last November. I delete them daily, but they keep coming back with 'Recording Now' next to them. I can even watch them right through...
Spooky?
|
Sounds like you may need to format the hard drive, you can call support for help or follow the instructions in this thread.
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/10...855-v-faq.html
|
|
|
04-07-2010, 19:52
|
#60
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque
|
My 4 week old Samsung is duplicating programmes. Tonight, Emmerdale (HD) was recorded twice. Top Gear would not set to record because of a "conflict". Although I had no other programmes set to record at that time.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:48.
|