Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.
16-06-2010, 15:18
|
#16
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnymeg
Have you ever used it? It is so much simpler to see a list off all your messages, who sent them by name and choose which one to play like clicking a track listing.
I cannot imagine having to dial 'voicemail' anymore, that is so yesterday.
|
You mean like www.hullomail.com that anyone can use?
|
|
|
17-06-2010, 07:59
|
#17
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London way
Age: 50
Services: Sarcasm
Posts: 8,376
|
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M
I notice some providers are putting a limit on the amount you can transfer via the BT OpenZone WiFi as well...
|
supposedly it's all because of those pesky file sharers/ downloaders - and not at all seen as a way of making more revenue for the providers at a time when mobile data is becoming more and more commonplace - oh no...
|
|
|
18-06-2010, 22:59
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: London
Posts: 1,267
|
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.
Orange are currently the most expensive, O2 the next, Vodafone the cheapest on iPhone 4 for me so far. That's unless O2 give me a big upgrade discount as I'm due an upgrade and I can tell them where to stick their lousy network!
|
|
|
19-06-2010, 15:51
|
#19
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
|
must thank you for this. Tmobile charge 12 p per voicemail so I basically disable it but thanks to this I can use voicemail again lol I set it up on my HD2 and on my daughters LG android phone. Tried tested and deffo free
|
|
|
|
19-06-2010, 19:02
|
#20
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Here There And Everywhere.
Posts: 520
|
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
|
Sure, that is a cool app for those that don't have VVM but it would really **** me off to have a feature of the iPhone unavailable and have to use third party apps.
|
|
|
19-06-2010, 23:52
|
#21
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 16,760
|
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.
Visual Voicemail is very handy, but it's not something I'd consider when weighing up which network to go with.
However, I have decided to stick with O2 anyway.
Orange's prices & tariffs did initially tempt me, due to the increase in minutes (600 vs. 300) and data (750MB vs. 500MB) compared to O2, for the £35x18m contract. That temptation though was based upon the assumption that the other networks would charge the same/similar for the handset as Orange.
But of course they're not, as Orange's phone prices are actually £50 more than O2 (& £60 more than Vodafone).
Vodafone's prices & tariffs did tempt me, as they are nigh on identical to O2's (e.g. on the £35x18m contract, they both give you 300 minutes & unlimited SMS, while the phone price only differs by £10)... except for DATA: 1GB with Vodafone vs. O2's seemingly paltry 500MB.
But from looking at my usage...
I don't need Vodafone's 1GB, & that was the only real difference between O2 & Vodafone, so why swap.
I don't even need Orange's 750MB, nor do I need Orange's 600 minutes, so why swap (especially if the phone costs £50 more with Orange).
So, I'll stick with O2 I think. No one else is offering enough to make me change, so I'll stick to the network I know.
However... also from looking at my usage, I really don't need contract allowances. And I'm not sure I want another contract anyway. I like the idea of being free of commitment, & paying less per month... So I'll most likely be getting one SIM free on Thursday, & then I'll just switch to PAYG or Simplicity when my contract ends in July.
|
|
|
20-06-2010, 16:03
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Here There And Everywhere.
Posts: 520
|
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D
So I'll most likely be getting one SIM free on Thursday
|
Best of luck there......unless of course u have pre ordered.
|
|
|
20-06-2010, 21:58
|
#23
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 16,760
|
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnymeg
Best of luck there......unless of course u have pre ordered.
|
I used the Apple pre-order page on Tuesday to Reserve one for Collection at my local Apple Retail Store.
I would have just ordered one for delivery, but the only option was SIM free, & at the time I still wasn't sure whether I wanted that or a subsidised one on a new contract. Plus of course ordering one online would have meant having to pay before the 24th, & at that point I hadn't yet sold my 3GS.
|
|
|
10-07-2010, 06:31
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West London
Services: V.I.P
Posts: 1,271
|
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.
I swapped over to Voda from o2 and the first time I used voicemail i relaised how damn good visual voicemail is, having to press a series of buttons and waiting to hear you mail just seems so last decade now. So glad that I set up Hullomail it is just like visual voicemail but with extras.
It may be just a small thing but crappy voicemail systems seem to nark me right off at the moment especially the one we have at work that has one of the worst interfaces I have ever seen.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:53.
|