Acquisition by Sky of Virgin Media Television
06-06-2010, 08:05
|
#181
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West London
Services: V.I.P
Posts: 1,271
|
Re: Acquisition by Sky of Virgin Media Television
I emailed them last year and didn't get a reply.
|
|
|
06-06-2010, 09:34
|
#182
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Acquisition by Sky of Virgin Media Television
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotnig
I have gotten so bored with the whole "will they/won't they" rubbish about red button and HD that I couldn't care less if they do or they don't, none of it interests me.
In 2002 I worked for ntl, the red button services were "coming soon" back then. They still aren't here, just like caller display. Does anyone actually care any more? I don't! I use the TV service because overall I prefer it to Sky and I have a long-term affection for the cable platform, but that's a loyalty VM do not deserve.
|
Forgetting NTL... don't you think Virgin Media have done so much for the good of cable in the last few years?
Red button services were with-held by Sky for commercial reasons for so long and now they really are coming... they are completing the rollout of Caller Display in the remaining ExNTL blackspots (Telewest already was fully rolled out for years).
They have got everyone on 1 super-headend... they have rolled out HD ..are in the process of rolling out TIVO this year... They have the best VOD platform in the UK..
|
|
|
06-06-2010, 09:55
|
#183
|
|
Guest
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Acquisition by Sky of Virgin Media Television
Yes i agree with you Digital Fanatic vm have done really well with the tv/cable service. Red Button interactive on sky sports is absolutely fantastic news, i have already re-subscribed to sky sports this is something i wanted more then anything else. And in my opinion seeing as vm customers pay roughly the same as skys own for the sports channels, should never have been witheld in the first place,i see it as part of the subscription myself,bl--dy annoying starting to watch a match on ordinary sky sports channels only to have it continued on red button only.
Also now we have been switched over BBC news mutiscreen works! and the extra HD channels are welcome,although when the sky ones come would i actually pay more then now for them i would doubt it,but others that want to pay for them can have them,and ESPN included in tv XL is great too.
And my broadband service is second to none in my area,all in all since NTL as was in our area changed to vm i feel the company has made great strides forward on the service front.
Except in one area only that is communication with us customers which sometimes leaves much to be desired and is the one area where i feel improvement needs to be made.
|
|
|
|
06-06-2010, 10:01
|
#184
|
|
Guest
Location: Luton
Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Acquisition by Sky of Virgin Media Television
I know the deal has just been set but has anybody got any idea of timescale for these new HD & red button services comming to VM?
|
|
|
|
06-06-2010, 10:18
|
#185
|
|
Guest
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Acquisition by Sky of Virgin Media Television
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell
I know the deal has just been set but has anybody got any idea of timescale for these new HD & red button services comming to VM?
|
I would guess until vm have made an announcement the answer will be nobody can tell you,although i believe vm could actually be showing sky sports 1and 2 in HD now if they wished to,but they will probably wait until this agreement has been rubber stamped by the regulator.And start the whole lot of services mostly together. imo to coincide in the sports channels case with the new premiership season.
|
|
|
|
06-06-2010, 10:39
|
#186
|
|
Guest
Location: Luton
Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Acquisition by Sky of Virgin Media Television
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960
I would guess until vm have made an announcement the answer will be nobody can tell you,although i believe vm could actually be showing sky sports 1and 2 in HD now if they wished to,but they will probably wait until this agreement has been rubber stamped by the regulator.And start the whole lot of services mostly together. imo to coincide in the sports channels case with the new premiership season.
|
If I remember right media boys post 1 says July for the sports channels, so I wonder if the deal is rubber stamped by the regulator it could be as early as July?
|
|
|
|
06-06-2010, 10:55
|
#187
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Acquisition by Sky of Virgin Media Television
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960
Yes i agree with you Digital Fanatic vm have done really well with the tv/cable service. Red Button interactive on sky sports is absolutely fantastic news, i have already re-subscribed to sky sports this is something i wanted more then anything else. And in my opinion seeing as vm customers pay roughly the same as skys own for the sports channels, should never have been witheld in the first place,i see it as part of the subscription myself,bl--dy annoying starting to watch a match on ordinary sky sports channels only to have it continued on red button only.
Also now we have been switched over BBC news mutiscreen works! and the extra HD channels are welcome,although when the sky ones come would i actually pay more then now for them i would doubt it,but others that want to pay for them can have them,and ESPN included in tv XL is great too.
And my broadband service is second to none in my area,all in all since NTL as was in our area changed to vm i feel the company has made great strides forward on the service front.
Except in one area only that is communication with us customers which sometimes leaves much to be desired and is the one area where i feel improvement needs to be made. 
|
indeed... good feedback
|
|
|
06-06-2010, 12:02
|
#188
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bournemouth (where the sun never stops shining - lol)
Services: VM. VIP pack 152meg BB, TiVo & V+HD box on XL tv pack with Sky Sports BT Sports & Movies HD. XL Phon
Posts: 221
|
Re: Acquisition by Sky of Virgin Media Television
[QUOTE=Digital Fanatic;35035008]It should work.. Anyone else having a problem?[COLOR="Silver"]
---------- Post added at 01:36 ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 ----------
Hi DF, have tried for a 3rd time this morning. Under the e-mail address it says in red * sorry your email address is not recognised
I get e-mails/newsletters regularly sent to my e-mail address without any problems. What could be the problem?
|
|
|
06-06-2010, 12:08
|
#189
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: Acquisition by Sky of Virgin Media Television
Quote:
Originally Posted by piquet41
Under the e-mail address it says in red * sorry your email address is not recognised
I get e-mails/newsletters regularly sent to my e-mail address without any problems. What could be the problem? 
|
Have you tried using a different Internet Browser?
|
|
|
06-06-2010, 12:33
|
#190
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Acquisition by Sky of Virgin Media Television
[QUOTE=piquet41;35035183]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic
It should work.. Anyone else having a problem?[COLOR="Silver"]
---------- Post added at 01:36 ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 ----------
Hi DF, have tried for a 3rd time this morning. Under the e-mail address it says in red * sorry your email address is not recognised
I get e-mails/newsletters regularly sent to my e-mail address without any problems. What could be the problem? 
|
Weird... have you tried Ben B's suggestion?
This might be one for BenMcr to check out?
|
|
|
06-06-2010, 12:39
|
#191
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bournemouth (where the sun never stops shining - lol)
Services: VM. VIP pack 152meg BB, TiVo & V+HD box on XL tv pack with Sky Sports BT Sports & Movies HD. XL Phon
Posts: 221
|
Re: Acquisition by Sky of Virgin Media Television
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B
Have you tried using a different Internet Browser?
|
No Ben I haven't. Would that make any difference?
I have filled in VM forms before using my current e-mail address, I can't think why this would be any different. I must admit I don't really want to change my browser just for one form.
I think it is one of two things, first; I'm going to check my browser/internet settings, if that doesn't work then I think It's VMs' end.
If there is anyone else out there having the same trouble then it might be VMs' end, if I am the ONLY one (which I think is doubtful) then I'll check things my end.
Thanks for you r reply Ben.
P.S. if all else fails I got you guys out there to inform me on here!
|
|
|
06-06-2010, 13:57
|
#192
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cambridge
Services: VM VIP 100 package
V+ PVR
TiVo PVR
3View PVR
Posts: 63
|
Re: Acquisition by Sky of Virgin Media Television
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B
Have you tried using a different Internet Browser?
|
I have been trying for a couple of days and have had no luck. It returns an error saying "Sorry we cannot recognise your email address"
I use Firefox but have now tried using IE, and get the same failure.
Since there are a number of ntlworld members here having this problem, I suspect that there is something amiss with the registration process.
--John
|
|
|
06-06-2010, 14:46
|
#193
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: Acquisition by Sky of Virgin Media Television
I've just tried putting in 'test@ntlworld.com' on the page and it goes through fine
|
|
|
06-06-2010, 15:19
|
#194
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cambridge
Services: VM VIP 100 package
V+ PVR
TiVo PVR
3View PVR
Posts: 63
|
Re: Acquisition by Sky of Virgin Media Television
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
I've just tried putting in 'test@ntlworld.com' on the page and it goes through fine
|
I have just tried your suggestion Ben and it did indeed accept my registration. But why does it reject a valid ntlworld email address, but accepts TEST?
Also if it has registered me with an email address of test@ntlword.com, how will it be able to email me with updates for future TV services to my real email address?
Or am I missing something here
--John
|
|
|
06-06-2010, 15:21
|
#195
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: Acquisition by Sky of Virgin Media Television
Seems like there is some problematic field validation going on then
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:59.
|