My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
21-05-2010, 09:38
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
|
My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Hi,
My area is (according to response on DS) currently part of a trial for a new OD search feature that when you type in a word, it allows you to search through Catch up, TV Choice, FilmFlex, Music OD and/or All OD. It also shows a selection of OD content that I assume are (or will be) tailored to the sprt of things the viewer normally watches.
See here for that thread: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...1#post40406008
Main part of my feedback so far is... Just little things like it'd be good if it searched V+ recordings too. The graphics are OK but some branding would be better (at moment very simple and plain) but just a bit of VM red etc would spruce it up a little.
Speed of use, very good! Being able to search any part of the content name (for instance if you want Britains Got Talent, you should be able to find that by searching any of those words eg. Talent rather than having to type Britain...).
A 'remind me later' or bookmark feature would be good so as you come across content that you're interested in you can mark it to go back to another time (assuming content still available OD).
The ability to store search words/terms so that if it's a favourite File or Music Video you watch over and over then you can just reselect.
A new option from the 'Home' menu simply to 'Search all OD' (No brainer surely)!!!
I wouldn't be surprised though if like the original OD Search option this disappears after the trial for 2 or 3 months after it woking perfectly fine apart from on some old Pace boxes!!! Will be a shame but that's life!
Very impressed overall though. I have to say that VM really are starting to use the technology that's available on their wholly-owned network. About time too overall.
Amazing really considering it's ntl rebranded and it was Telewset that innovated, ntl used to just follow. (I'm ex-ntl btw).
They said on DS that the feedback may go further on here. Here I am, bearing my all  - I welcome myself to the community lol!
|
|
|
21-05-2010, 09:46
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
You are in the trial area for Intelligent TV, just a little snippet of the stuff coming later this year
Leave feedback in this thread, we do read it!
P.S.  to CableForum!
|
|
|
21-05-2010, 10:48
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic
You are in the trial area for Intelligent TV, just a little snippet of the stuff coming later this year
Leave feedback in this thread, we do read it!
P.S.  to CableForum!
|
Intelligent TV eh?! (is this any thing to do with the Tivo interface? Is this VM design only or is it something they are working on with tivo already)?
Nice they named it after me too LOLOL
OK bad joke!
I will update anything else I notice or think of
Do you know any more about it? Are the programmes shown based on my viewing habits (of linear and/or OD)?
p.s. Thanks for having me mate! 
p.s.s. The emotions (or whatever they're called) are clearly much more advanced on this site
|
|
|
21-05-2010, 13:07
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by War On
Intelligent TV eh?! (is this any thing to do with the Tivo interface? Is this VM design only or is it something they are working on with tivo already)?
Nice they named it after me too LOLOL
OK bad joke!
I will update anything else I notice or think of
Do you know any more about it? Are the programmes shown based on my viewing habits (of linear and/or OD)?
p.s. Thanks for having me mate! 
p.s.s. The emotions (or whatever they're called) are clearly much more advanced on this site 
|
It's TIVO like, yes... can't say too much as it's all still in development... I think it's supposed to be a blind trial, so you just discover the features as they add them.
Yes I like to Emoticons on here too
|
|
|
21-05-2010, 16:53
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Is there any chance of a few screenshots at all please? 
Would love to see how it looks.
|
|
|
22-05-2010, 09:30
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: brighton
Age: 52
Services: V+ 20meg BB phone
T-shirt, Badge
Posts: 185
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
just spotted we have this in brighton too
its very good
|
|
|
22-05-2010, 15:08
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2006
Services: TV XL, BB XXL & Telephone
Posts: 82
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Same here in Gateshead
|
|
|
23-05-2010, 09:37
|
#8
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Camden, north London
Age: 67
Services: 500mb, 2 x TV360, Maxit TV, Sky Sports, Sky Movies, TNT Sports, Premier Sports, iPhone 14 pro max
Posts: 1,323
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Got this in London too, on 'TV Choice On Demand' & 'Catch Up TV On Demand'
|
|
|
23-05-2010, 19:16
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Newcastle
Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Posts: 1,318
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Is this just for certain boxes?
Just I am in Gateshead like GordonD and I don't have this feature on my box.
|
|
|
27-05-2010, 18:41
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Can confirm this is on my V+ today in Telford area.
Must say I'm liking it and especially now you can see something similar too using "more like this"
Watched Skins, pressed more like this when pressing stop and a similar program did come up.
Great feature
All I can suggest is moving Search to Home menu, and putting Settings, Help & Info together
|
|
|
27-05-2010, 18:55
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,199
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by War On
Hi,
My area is (according to response on DS) currently part of a trial for a new OD search feature that when you type in a word, it allows you to search through Catch up, TV Choice, FilmFlex, Music OD and/or All OD. It also shows a selection of OD content that I assume are (or will be) tailored to the sprt of things the viewer normally watches.
See here for that thread: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...1#post40406008
Main part of my feedback so far is... Just little things like it'd be good if it searched V+ recordings too. The graphics are OK but some branding would be better (at moment very simple and plain) but just a bit of VM red etc would spruce it up a little.
Speed of use, very good! Being able to search any part of the content name (for instance if you want Britains Got Talent, you should be able to find that by searching any of those words eg. Talent rather than having to type Britain...).
A 'remind me later' or bookmark feature would be good so as you come across content that you're interested in you can mark it to go back to another time (assuming content still available OD).
The ability to store search words/terms so that if it's a favourite File or Music Video you watch over and over then you can just reselect.
A new option from the 'Home' menu simply to 'Search all OD' (No brainer surely)!!!
I wouldn't be surprised though if like the original OD Search option this disappears after the trial for 2 or 3 months after it woking perfectly fine apart from on some old Pace boxes!!! Will be a shame but that's life!
Very impressed overall though. I have to say that VM really are starting to use the technology that's available on their wholly-owned network. About time too overall.
Amazing really considering it's ntl rebranded and it was Telewset that innovated, ntl used to just follow. (I'm ex-ntl btw).
They said on DS that the feedback may go further on here. Here I am, bearing my all  - I welcome myself to the community lol!
|
 [IMG]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac249/Defirish/Smilies/aaaaWelcomefh-vi.gif[/IMG
|
|
|
28-05-2010, 13:47
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 67
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06
Can confirm this is on my V+ today in Telford area.
Must say I'm liking it and especially now you can see something similar too using "more like this"
Watched Skins, pressed more like this when pressing stop and a similar program did come up.
Great feature
All I can suggest is moving Search to Home menu, and putting Settings, Help & Info together
|
Agreed. I use the search option quite a bit - mainly for music videos.
My top 3 wants are:
A single search option that searches ALL VoD content types
That single search option is then located on the Home menu
Wildcard searches are enabled for easier searching
|
|
|
28-05-2010, 14:09
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeNutt
A single search option that searches ALL VoD content types
That single search option is then located on the Home menu
Wildcard searches are enabled for easier searching

|
Guess what the new search does - all of VoD and the EPG
Which, by the way, everyone is going to get by mid-June
|
|
|
28-05-2010, 16:05
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 22
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Got the search facility in Redcar(Teesside) Looks good.
|
|
|
28-05-2010, 18:08
|
#15
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 67
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
Guess what the new search does - all of VoD and the EPG
Which, by the way, everyone is going to get by mid-June
|
Top Banana!
Just need it moved to the Home menu then
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:20.
|