Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2010, 09:38   #1
War On
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
War On is an unknown quantity at this point
My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search

Hi,

My area is (according to response on DS) currently part of a trial for a new OD search feature that when you type in a word, it allows you to search through Catch up, TV Choice, FilmFlex, Music OD and/or All OD. It also shows a selection of OD content that I assume are (or will be) tailored to the sprt of things the viewer normally watches.

See here for that thread: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...1#post40406008

Main part of my feedback so far is... Just little things like it'd be good if it searched V+ recordings too. The graphics are OK but some branding would be better (at moment very simple and plain) but just a bit of VM red etc would spruce it up a little.

Speed of use, very good! Being able to search any part of the content name (for instance if you want Britains Got Talent, you should be able to find that by searching any of those words eg. Talent rather than having to type Britain...).

A 'remind me later' or bookmark feature would be good so as you come across content that you're interested in you can mark it to go back to another time (assuming content still available OD).

The ability to store search words/terms so that if it's a favourite File or Music Video you watch over and over then you can just reselect.

A new option from the 'Home' menu simply to 'Search all OD' (No brainer surely)!!!

I wouldn't be surprised though if like the original OD Search option this disappears after the trial for 2 or 3 months after it woking perfectly fine apart from on some old Pace boxes!!! Will be a shame but that's life!

Very impressed overall though. I have to say that VM really are starting to use the technology that's available on their wholly-owned network. About time too overall.

Amazing really considering it's ntl rebranded and it was Telewset that innovated, ntl used to just follow. (I'm ex-ntl btw).


They said on DS that the feedback may go further on here. Here I am, bearing my all - I welcome myself to the community lol!
War On is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-05-2010, 09:46   #2
Digital Fanatic
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search

You are in the trial area for Intelligent TV, just a little snippet of the stuff coming later this year

Leave feedback in this thread, we do read it!

P.S. to CableForum!
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010, 10:48   #3
War On
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
War On is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
You are in the trial area for Intelligent TV, just a little snippet of the stuff coming later this year

Leave feedback in this thread, we do read it!

P.S. to CableForum!
Intelligent TV eh?! (is this any thing to do with the Tivo interface? Is this VM design only or is it something they are working on with tivo already)?

Nice they named it after me too LOLOL

OK bad joke!

I will update anything else I notice or think of

Do you know any more about it? Are the programmes shown based on my viewing habits (of linear and/or OD)?


p.s. Thanks for having me mate!

p.s.s. The emotions (or whatever they're called) are clearly much more advanced on this site
War On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010, 13:07   #4
Digital Fanatic
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search

Quote:
Originally Posted by War On View Post
Intelligent TV eh?! (is this any thing to do with the Tivo interface? Is this VM design only or is it something they are working on with tivo already)?

Nice they named it after me too LOLOL

OK bad joke!

I will update anything else I notice or think of

Do you know any more about it? Are the programmes shown based on my viewing habits (of linear and/or OD)?


p.s. Thanks for having me mate!

p.s.s. The emotions (or whatever they're called) are clearly much more advanced on this site
It's TIVO like, yes... can't say too much as it's all still in development... I think it's supposed to be a blind trial, so you just discover the features as they add them.

Yes I like to Emoticons on here too
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010, 16:53   #5
jtaylor06
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search

Is there any chance of a few screenshots at all please?
Would love to see how it looks.
jtaylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2010, 09:30   #6
invisibleboy
Inactive
 
invisibleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: brighton
Age: 52
Services: V+ 20meg BB phone T-shirt, Badge
Posts: 185
invisibleboy will become famous soon enoughinvisibleboy will become famous soon enoughinvisibleboy will become famous soon enough
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search

just spotted we have this in brighton too




its very good
invisibleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2010, 15:08   #7
GordonD
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Services: TV XL, BB XXL & Telephone
Posts: 82
GordonD is on a distinguished roadGordonD is on a distinguished road
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search

Same here in Gateshead
GordonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 09:37   #8
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster
 
johnasimmons's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Camden, north London
Age: 67
Services: 500mb, 2 x TV360, Maxit TV, Sky Sports, Sky Movies, TNT Sports, Premier Sports, iPhone 14 pro max
Posts: 1,323
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search

Got this in London too, on 'TV Choice On Demand' & 'Catch Up TV On Demand'
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 19:16   #9
Hiroki
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Newcastle
Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Posts: 1,318
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search

Is this just for certain boxes?

Just I am in Gateshead like GordonD and I don't have this feature on my box.
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2010, 18:41   #10
jtaylor06
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search

Can confirm this is on my V+ today in Telford area.

Must say I'm liking it and especially now you can see something similar too using "more like this"
Watched Skins, pressed more like this when pressing stop and a similar program did come up.

Great feature

All I can suggest is moving Search to Home menu, and putting Settings, Help & Info together
jtaylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2010, 18:55   #11
Sasha222
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,199
Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search

Quote:
Originally Posted by War On View Post
Hi,

My area is (according to response on DS) currently part of a trial for a new OD search feature that when you type in a word, it allows you to search through Catch up, TV Choice, FilmFlex, Music OD and/or All OD. It also shows a selection of OD content that I assume are (or will be) tailored to the sprt of things the viewer normally watches.

See here for that thread: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...1#post40406008

Main part of my feedback so far is... Just little things like it'd be good if it searched V+ recordings too. The graphics are OK but some branding would be better (at moment very simple and plain) but just a bit of VM red etc would spruce it up a little.

Speed of use, very good! Being able to search any part of the content name (for instance if you want Britains Got Talent, you should be able to find that by searching any of those words eg. Talent rather than having to type Britain...).

A 'remind me later' or bookmark feature would be good so as you come across content that you're interested in you can mark it to go back to another time (assuming content still available OD).

The ability to store search words/terms so that if it's a favourite File or Music Video you watch over and over then you can just reselect.

A new option from the 'Home' menu simply to 'Search all OD' (No brainer surely)!!!

I wouldn't be surprised though if like the original OD Search option this disappears after the trial for 2 or 3 months after it woking perfectly fine apart from on some old Pace boxes!!! Will be a shame but that's life!

Very impressed overall though. I have to say that VM really are starting to use the technology that's available on their wholly-owned network. About time too overall.

Amazing really considering it's ntl rebranded and it was Telewset that innovated, ntl used to just follow. (I'm ex-ntl btw).


They said on DS that the feedback may go further on here. Here I am, bearing my all - I welcome myself to the community lol!
[IMG]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac249/Defirish/Smilies/aaaaWelcomefh-vi.gif[/IMG
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 13:47   #12
BikeNutt
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 67
BikeNutt is on a distinguished roadBikeNutt is on a distinguished road
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06 View Post
Can confirm this is on my V+ today in Telford area.

Must say I'm liking it and especially now you can see something similar too using "more like this"
Watched Skins, pressed more like this when pressing stop and a similar program did come up.

Great feature

All I can suggest is moving Search to Home menu, and putting Settings, Help & Info together
Agreed. I use the search option quite a bit - mainly for music videos.

My top 3 wants are:

A single search option that searches ALL VoD content types
That single search option is then located on the Home menu
Wildcard searches are enabled for easier searching

BikeNutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 14:09   #13
BenMcr
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeNutt View Post
A single search option that searches ALL VoD content types
That single search option is then located on the Home menu
Wildcard searches are enabled for easier searching

Guess what the new search does - all of VoD and the EPG

Which, by the way, everyone is going to get by mid-June
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 16:05   #14
clydebuilt
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 22
clydebuilt is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search

Got the search facility in Redcar(Teesside) Looks good.
clydebuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 18:08   #15
BikeNutt
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 67
BikeNutt is on a distinguished roadBikeNutt is on a distinguished road
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Guess what the new search does - all of VoD and the EPG

Which, by the way, everyone is going to get by mid-June
Top Banana!

Just need it moved to the Home menu then
BikeNutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:52.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum