15-04-2009, 00:16
|
#16
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England Uk
Services: Telewest Phone
Telewest BroadBand
Telewest Digital Tv
v+ HD
Posts: 4,089
|
Re: clearasil
has anyone used this it when i looked in shop it says there get rid of them in 1 week do they?
|
|
|
15-04-2009, 00:38
|
#17
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: clearasil
That is the marketing blab they tell you in the advert. Whether it clears up in a week will depend on several factors such as how many spots you have, how developped they are, and how each person reacts to the treatment.
I had spots when I was younger and had creams, tablets, everything. But you will probably find that they will eventually go away as you get older.
Which Doctor stick seemed to work for me.
|
|
|
15-04-2009, 12:57
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norwich
Age: 38
Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Posts: 1,895
|
Re: clearasil
<rant>
Clearsil is absolutely effing useless, when I had acne as a teen I tried using that stuff. 6 months I was on it, no bloody change whatsoever, had no effect on me at all. Still have acne problems today, so a couple years ago I went to the doctor who prescribed me with tablets and a better cream, and my face and back/shoulders are far better for it. 
</rant>
|
|
|
15-04-2009, 13:02
|
#19
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,583
|
Re: clearasil
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe
has anyone used this it when i looked in shop it says there get rid of them in 1 week do they?
|
Why are you suddenly going round the forum resurrecting ancient threads you started on the subject of self-beautification?
Have you got yourself a girlfriend?
|
|
|
15-04-2009, 13:03
|
#20
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,182
|
Re: clearasil
The general Clearasil isn't all that good but their "3 day action" range is really good, although expensive.
From a 34 year old who still sometimes gets spots...
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
|
|
|
15-04-2009, 13:31
|
#21
|
|
067
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Middlesbrough
Age: 50
Services: Many
Posts: 5,121
|
Re: clearasil
I can get very greasy skin and have tried several 'products' that supposedly would be able to help. However I'm currently using Boots No7 for men which is facewash, facescrub and also showergel which does seem to me at least to have made quite a considerable improvement to my skin.
Another thing is shaving, All the stuff like Gillete 'Mach 3 turbo ninja hot hatch stealth fusion transformers ben 10' will do your skin no good whatsoever. By this I mean the razor and the alleged 'shave gel'
If you are getting spots in that area then might I suggest the following
A Merkur Futur double edge safety razor (About thirty five quid, but ten platinum blades are only about four quid)
A proper shaving brush, synthetic is ok but preferably badger (Anywhere between £8 to over £100 for silver badger hair)
Shaving cream (Not soap as previously posted this will dry out skin) (Geo Trumpers rose or sandalwood about £16)
The above has considerably helped me with shaving and skin issues
__________________
Nerves of steel, heart of gold, knob of butter......
|
|
|
15-04-2009, 13:38
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Luton
Age: 49
Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
Posts: 3,007
|
Re: clearasil
totally agree with turkey machine; clearasil didn't do anything for me either I'm afraid!
---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------
hubby's skin has improved considerably since using clinique.
and I should think so too, the amount it costs!  worth it though.
I wonder if wwe's skin is easily affected by diet? I find it very true that if I / hubby eat chocolate / fried food / takeaways one week and then have salads & lots of water the next week - first week we'll have spots. 2nd week; all peachy!
|
|
|
15-04-2009, 13:54
|
#23
|
|
067
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Middlesbrough
Age: 50
Services: Many
Posts: 5,121
|
Re: clearasil
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauzjp
totally agree with turkey machine; clearasil didn't do anything for me either I'm afraid!
---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------
hubby's skin has improved considerably since using clinique.
and I should think so too, the amount it costs!  worth it though.
I wonder if wwe's skin is easily affected by diet? I find it very true that if I / hubby eat chocolate / fried food / takeaways one week and then have salads & lots of water the next week - first week we'll have spots. 2nd week; all peachy! 
|
But dying for a takeaway.... 
__________________
Nerves of steel, heart of gold, knob of butter......
|
|
|
15-04-2009, 14:38
|
#24
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 74
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,378
|
Re: clearasil
Put toothpaste on it.I got that from my daughter when she was younger and suffered from the occasional spot.Tried it myself(yes this 57 year old biddy still gets the odd spot or two) and it works.
Personally my favourite is Gin.It dries the spots out and as a last resort if you drink enough of it you won't care about the spots...
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
15-04-2009, 14:50
|
#25
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 38
Services: V BB 350
Posts: 4,099
|
Re: clearasil
i used this stuff but i ended up with more spots lol
|
|
|
15-04-2009, 15:40
|
#26
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,291
|
Re: clearasil
Is it PC to say blackheads anymore? Would I have a case against Clearasil?
|
|
|
15-04-2009, 18:24
|
#27
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: clearasil
If it is truly taking over and nothing is stopping it your doctor may prescribe you Roacuttane. (Spelling?)
It isnt the nicest of treatments as it gave me nose bleeds and dried out my skin so my lips would hurt.
But it did the job.
|
|
|
15-04-2009, 21:36
|
#28
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,103
|
Re: clearasil
WWE.......eat well, fruit and veg and all that, always helps!
Keep the booze to moderation, along with the cakes and crisps!
Change your tag name to VWE, and you are sorted.
(Running away.............again!)
|
|
|
15-04-2009, 22:25
|
#29
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Peterborough
Services: Virgin Media XL
Broadband XL
Virgin Mobile
V+ installed!
and a happy Virgin Media customer
Posts: 2,560
|
Re: clearasil
There's nothing wrong with a bit of carbolic and a good scrub!
|
|
|
16-04-2009, 10:10
|
#30
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,291
|
Re: clearasil
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy7
WWE.......eat well, fruit and veg and all that, always helps!
Keep the booze to moderation, along with the cakes and crisps!
Change your tag name to VWE, and you are sorted.
(Running away.............again!)
|
So size does matter? (pokes out extremely long tongue)
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:46.
|