28-03-2009, 17:22
|
#16
|
|
Mum 30/09/20 Dad 08/08/24
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 57
Services: 2 x TiVo 360s, SH5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Posts: 17,396
|
Re: Flying with a laptop
I tend ensure all items are fully charged and put the plug in the suitcase.
I carry my PSP, Camera, TomTom etc in my pocket then one I've checked in and passed through customs I put them in my laptop bag.
__________________
I'm a Trustee for a local charity
|
|
|
28-03-2009, 18:35
|
#17
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Warrington ntl:81304 Altitude: 12m (and falling)
Posts: 4,499
|
Re: Flying with a laptop
|
|
|
28-03-2009, 19:17
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Birmingham
Posts: 1,427
|
Re: Flying with a laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhnewark
Where have you experienced that?
Yeah, I'm pretty fed-up of them asking me to take *everything* out of my laptop back when going through security, only for them not to even have a proper look at it. It's just a pain in the arse.
|
I recently saw them ask someone to switch on their laptop at Birmingham airport. It's either random or ethnicity has a deciding factor as none of the other passengers checking in at the same time weren't asked.
I always set the alarms off when I got through, so get a frisk and wave with the magic wand.. mind you I am part cyborg
|
|
|
28-03-2009, 19:51
|
#19
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Flying with a laptop
Personally I always with with a plane..laptops lack a certain aerodynamics...
sorry I couldn't resist...
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
28-03-2009, 19:53
|
#20
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Peterborough
Services: Virgin Media XL
Broadband XL
Virgin Mobile
V+ installed!
and a happy Virgin Media customer
Posts: 2,560
|
Re: Flying with a laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J
Personally I always with with a plane..laptops lack a certain aerodynamics...
sorry I couldn't resist... 
|
That actually crossed my mind - I couldn't quite see a laptop getting clearance from the control tower at Heathrow..
|
|
|
28-03-2009, 19:54
|
#21
|
|
Mum 30/09/20 Dad 08/08/24
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 57
Services: 2 x TiVo 360s, SH5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Posts: 17,396
|
Re: Flying with a laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J
Personally I always with with a plane..laptops lack a certain aerodynamics...
sorry I couldn't resist... 
|
I resisted that, but wondered how long it would be.
__________________
I'm a Trustee for a local charity
|
|
|
28-03-2009, 19:55
|
#22
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Flying with a laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r
I resisted that, but wondered how long it would be.
|
I've been resisting all day...
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
30-03-2009, 17:33
|
#23
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: Flying with a laptop
Another vote for in your cabin luggage.
The way they throw the hold luggage around you'd have a big chance of getting the laptop damaged.
As long as you have your inflight mode switched on, having your laptop on the plane is great. Watch a DVD, or play games and help the time to go quicker.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:51.
|