Selling tickets on for profit
18-03-2009, 06:34
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,103
|
Selling tickets on for profit
A lot of this happens now adays.
Some people seem to make good money out of buying tickets for concerts, football matches, etc and then selling them for a vast profit on the internet.
A friend a while ago had tickets for Take Thats first come back concert, she then put them up for sale as when he time came, they could not make the night any more.
She got £560 for each!
She now buys tickets on a regular basis, just to resell for profit via internet auction sites.
When she told me, I had mixed feelings about it really.
Legally you can do it.
Morally(for me) it does not seem right.
My kids are doing the same this year though for Leeds Fest.
They have all bought extra tickets, to sell near the date, as they say they will make enough money to pay for their own ticket this way.
Just doesnt sit comfortable with me.
What do others think?
|
|
|
18-03-2009, 06:57
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: Selling tickets on for profit
It's just like any other commodity with a market...until the ticket people do the same as lets sy Glastonbury and lock a ticket in to a person then they'll always be idiots who'll pay over the odds..
Personally I won't pay over face value for them
|
|
|
18-03-2009, 07:12
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Teesside
Posts: 8,315
|
Re: Selling tickets on for profit
Supply and demand, and as Kymmy says, until a ticket is individualised then there's nothing stopping it, lets face it, it's a dog eat dog world out there and in this current climate, a pound earned is a pound earned, regardless of how. ( legally )
|
|
|
18-03-2009, 08:25
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Liverpool
Age: 49
Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
Posts: 3,819
|
Re: Selling tickets on for profit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy
It's just like any other commodity with a market...until the ticket people do the same as lets sy Glastonbury and lock a ticket in to a person then they'll always be idiots who'll pay over the odds..
|
Meaning you can never get a ticket again unless you pay silly money
|
|
|
18-03-2009, 09:13
|
#5
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: Selling tickets on for profit
I hate people that do this. The amount of gigs and concerts I have missed out on as they have sold out so quickly, only to find 5 minutes later there are already loads on Ebay at stupid prices!!!!
Makes me so Angry
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
18-03-2009, 10:59
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2007
Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
Posts: 4,143
|
Re: Selling tickets on for profit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
I hate people that do this. The amount of gigs and concerts I have missed out on as they have sold out so quickly, only to find 5 minutes later there are already loads on Ebay at stupid prices!!!!
Makes me so Angry
|
It's Joe Public's fault for being willing to pay the inflated prices. I'd rather miss an event that line a tout's pockets.
|
|
|
18-03-2009, 11:05
|
#7
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: Selling tickets on for profit
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmitage
It's Joe Public's fault for being willing to pay the inflated prices. I'd rather miss an event that line a tout's pockets.
|
I think they need to crack down on this more. The venues and ticket sellers should start printing names on Tickets and require ID when entering the gig.
I think it was Glasto that started putting photos on tickets a couple of years back. At least if they did this for all festivals it would stop some of the touts buying tickets.
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
18-03-2009, 11:08
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Huntingdon, Cambs
Age: 60
Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Posts: 586
|
Re: Selling tickets on for profit
The no returns policy of many venues/ticket sellers is also a contributory factor. There has always been touts and always been peopel willing to pay over the odds. On the flip side I have turned up at a "sold out" venue and bought tickets from touts 5 mins before kick off/curtain up for considerably less than face value (obviously no guarantee you will get in!!)
|
|
|
18-03-2009, 11:26
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Midlands
Services: V+
TV:XL
Broadband:XL
Telco:XL
Posts: 796
|
Re: Selling tickets on for profit
I can see why people do it. Personally its not something I'd do, though.
For example. About a year ago the team i support - West Brom (no accounting for taste, i know) Got to Wembley twice.
West Brom were only making the tickets available to season ticket holders/share holders etc. So i got a bunch of extra tickets and just gave them to my friends at sale value. Didn't even charge them the postage costs.
chuzzlemonkey up for best friend of the year??
|
|
|
18-03-2009, 11:47
|
#10
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Selling tickets on for profit
I wish I had a handfull of the whacko Jacko tickets
|
|
|
|
18-03-2009, 11:50
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Midlands
Services: V+
TV:XL
Broadband:XL
Telco:XL
Posts: 796
|
Re: Selling tickets on for profit
I'm very glad that i don't! lol
Couldn't pay me to go..
|
|
|
18-03-2009, 13:18
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: North
Age: 45
Services: 100 Meg + Phone
Posts: 945
|
Re: Selling tickets on for profit
I got 8 in total for the MJ and 2 are on the bay.
Just waiting for confirmation of the other 4 before they are on there.
Like some said previously it is a dog eat dog world out there at the moment!!
And yeah i could feel bad but hey if it wasnt be it would of been someone else!!
|
|
|
18-03-2009, 13:38
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,291
|
Re: Selling tickets on for profit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solventcandy
I got 8 in total for the MJ and 2 are on the bay.
Just waiting for confirmation of the other 4 before they are on there.
Like some said previously it is a dog eat dog world out there at the moment!!
And yeah i could feel bad but hey if it wasnt be it would of been someone else!!
|
But you dont rip people off (isnt that what you said in the ticket master thread?)
|
|
|
18-03-2009, 13:57
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2007
Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
Posts: 4,143
|
Re: Selling tickets on for profit
Well isn't this forum a wonderfull place to throw up happy coincidences.
We have Saaf_London_Mo looking for a couple of MJ tickets for his good lady (possibly he wants to thrill - er){groan} and we have Solventcandy with spare tickets and he doesn't rip people off.
A quick PM to each other and you'll both be sorted.
Remember to add postage onto the face value of the tickets Solvent  You know what these saaf londoners are like.
|
|
|
18-03-2009, 14:10
|
#15
|
|
Guest
Location: Sutton in Ashfield.
Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Selling tickets on for profit
Supply and demand IMO. I've got 2 Micheal Jackson tickets for sale which I bought by mistake. I got sent a code by a mate of mine, when I entered it I purchased 2 tickets.
|
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:02.
|