Strong Dogmatic View points!
04-03-2009, 17:40
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,103
|
Strong Dogmatic View points!
We all have our own view points, opinions, what ever you wish to call them.
Some of us however never ever seem to accept others opinions, and feel always that they are wrong and we are right!
Personally I was once one of those, but with a little bit of age and experience, of course I now know I have been wrong on the odd occassion!
Forums seem to be a good place to express your opinion on a wide variety of subjects, with out usually coming under attack.
My question is, does a little bit of falling out on forums, (or should I type, a heated debate with the odd personality clash ) add to a forum or detract from it?
|
|
|
04-03-2009, 17:59
|
#2
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Strong Dogmatic View points!
definately adds to it
lets face it "heated debate"is how parliament works that's how laws are past and who know's maybe forums like this one will one day play a part in government decisions after all it's a good way to gauge public opinion
If an mp want's to pass a law he simply posts the idea on a forum and monitors the responses
|
|
|
|
04-03-2009, 18:01
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Merseyside
Age: 37
Services: BT Infinity Option 2, HH5, synced at maximum 80Mbps/20Mbps.
Posts: 2,221
|
Re: Strong Dogmatic View points!
From my experience on my own forum, it can do both add and detract. Add in the way that it brings people in to see what the commotion is about, and detract in the way that mature people will see the problems and not want to be associated with it, and simply leave either temporally or permanently depending on the person.
|
|
|
04-03-2009, 18:04
|
#4
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Strong Dogmatic View points!
It has in the last 12 months totally spoiled it for me
|
|
|
|
04-03-2009, 18:07
|
#5
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,952
|
Re: Strong Dogmatic View points!
Depends on the nature of the forum. If cable forum was purely a tech support forum or any single interest forum I would say it detracts from it, but you need places to discuss personal ideas and it is enriching to do so.
__________________
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil."
|
|
|
04-03-2009, 18:08
|
#6
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Strong Dogmatic View points!
Under equal terms it would be fine but there is inequality on this forum
|
|
|
|
04-03-2009, 18:14
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Merseyside
Age: 37
Services: BT Infinity Option 2, HH5, synced at maximum 80Mbps/20Mbps.
Posts: 2,221
|
Re: Strong Dogmatic View points!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb
Under equal terms it would be fine but there is inequality on this forum
|
I have to agree, and its not just the members, its also the moderators as well who degrade forums with their "i'm more powerful than you, and you WILL do what I say" attitude over something petty, and over arguing with a moderator in general whether topic related or at the person as being a moderator themselves...
However, moderators need to do their job and in most cases I don't argue any moderator decision. Its still a put down though.
|
|
|
04-03-2009, 18:19
|
#8
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kairdiff-by-the-sea
Age: 70
Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Posts: 10,537
|
Re: Strong Dogmatic View points!
As long as it doesn't turn into a personal slanging match, a bit of heated discussion is a good thing. We can't all have the same ideals and thoughts, so those who are definately "in the wrong" might be persuaded to "see the light".... or not, as the case might be with some characters.....
|
|
|
04-03-2009, 19:10
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Posts: 12,384
|
Re: Strong Dogmatic View points!
I think you're all wrong, so there
|
|
|
04-03-2009, 19:25
|
#10
|
|
vox populi vox dei
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the last resort
Services: every thing
Posts: 15,597
|
Re: Strong Dogmatic View points!
most on this forum can have a good argument with each other ,then just move on from it as if nothing has happened, and nothing has really its just a debate,the religious threads and threads about immigrants tend to be the most fiery ,but its just opinions no one gets hurt .
__________________
To be or not to be, woke is the question Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer. The slings and arrows of outrageous wokedome, Or to take arms against a sea of wokies. And by opposing end them.
|
|
|
04-03-2009, 19:32
|
#11
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Strong Dogmatic View points!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb
Under equal terms it would be fine but there is inequality on this forum
|
Hey! You aren't exactly a shrinking violet either.You stick to your opinions just as much as anyone and can be just as dogmatic zingy...
Personally I'm getting fed up with the same old arguments that just end up back where they started......I'm getting to a point where I'm trying not to get involved..but it's damned hard sometimes.
I'll apologise in advance (and in hindsight) if my having strong opinions has upset anyone..
Except those I really want to upset.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
04-03-2009, 19:33
|
#12
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Strong Dogmatic View points!
I do not have the power to forcably silence anyone opposed to me though
|
|
|
|
04-03-2009, 19:38
|
#13
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Strong Dogmatic View points!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb
I do not have the power to forcably silence anyone opposed to me though
|
Neither do I..I have to give my fellow mods some very good reasons and I seldom win the argu errr discussions about it...
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
04-03-2009, 20:02
|
#14
|
|
step on my trip
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,766
|
Re: Strong Dogmatic View points!
not sure if this thread is irony or intentional, but here is a great place to post that. there are certainly a few here who will simply will not accept others' views, even when the reasoning for the view is given in the simplest terms.
I, for one, discovered recently that I can't be on the fence about anything. apparently, I HAVE to believe one thing or another!....
some just like to argue with you. simple as that. they take a disliking to you and try to linch you every time you post something...
...in my personal experience, anyway!!!
__________________
“Most people don’t listen to understand. They listen to reply. Be different.”
- Jefferson Fisher
|
|
|
04-03-2009, 20:12
|
#15
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Strong Dogmatic View points!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J
Neither do I..I have to give my fellow mods some very good reasons and I seldom win the argu errr discussions about it...
|
you know exactly what I mean maggy
|
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:02.
|