02-03-2009, 14:55
|
#16
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Glasgow
Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Posts: 9,158
|
Re: How houseproud are you
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars
it had (dog $%!t) behind the tv and all over the sofa,
|
Thats one thing I can't abide. I'm in and out of a variety of houses and the amount of houses with dog excrement on carpets and furniture is shocking. That coupled with the inevitable piles of unwashed clothes and dirty dishes in every available space gives me the boke every time. 
It still amazes me people live like that in the UK and that its so common.
I'm not the tidyest person in the world but at least I know my house isn't potentially harbouring biological weapons.
|
|
|
02-03-2009, 14:58
|
#17
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2007
Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
Posts: 4,143
|
Re: How houseproud are you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S
I'm not the tidyest person in the world but at least I know my house isn't potentially harbouring biological weapons.
|
Don't tempt fate. Tony Blair might have a dossier that "proves" otherwise.
|
|
|
02-03-2009, 15:00
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Glasgow
Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Posts: 9,158
|
Re: How houseproud are you
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmitage
Don't tempt fate. Tony Blair might have a dossier that "proves" otherwise. 
|
If there was oil under the streets of Glasgow I'd be worried
|
|
|
02-03-2009, 15:06
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Liverpool
Age: 49
Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
Posts: 3,819
|
Re: How houseproud are you
Well I work 60 hours per week most weeks and don't intend on spending all my spare time cleaning.
I will however tidy as I go and get the hoover out (even though i have all wooden floors!) at least once a week. I'm terrible for leaving dishes waiting to be washed, I tend to rinse them and do a 'big wash' once a few days.
Life is for living, not cleaning (or working - more to the point!)
|
|
|
02-03-2009, 15:19
|
#20
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: on holiday by mistake
Age: 56
Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Posts: 5,977
|
Re: How houseproud are you
I vacuum people before they come into the house. Saves having to do the floor every other day
It's always kept spotless in here but there's far too much clutter. My solution in the Spring is to do away with as many flat surfaces as possible so there's nowhere to put anything down.
|
|
|
02-03-2009, 15:23
|
#21
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Scotland
Age: 53
Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
Posts: 2,849
|
Re: How houseproud are you
I used to go to people's houses collecting for Provident. In my experience, the people who lived in the filthiest houses were the ones who paid the full amount they were meant to, never missing a payment.
The people in the houses that were spotless and had the big TV, the big fireplace and the expensive suite were the ones who hid when I came calling or paid less than they were meant to.
My youngest was away for 5 days last week and in an experiment hubby n I decided to only do our own washing, letting the 3 elder kids do their own. It was soooooooo hard to not to just put the damn stuff in the machine.
The bathroom sink which was spotless on the Sunday night was covered in soap, toothpaste and dried dirty water by the Tuesday. At which point I cracked, cleaned the whole house and spent the rest of the week moaning at them.
|
|
|
02-03-2009, 15:24
|
#22
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 74
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: How houseproud are you
I might hoover every day..I might not..Depends on how much it needs hoovering and whether the old man is working nights..
Dusting well I subscribe to the Quentin Crisp idea on that.Leave it long enough and the dust starts to remain at a certain level.I.E. it doesn't get any thicker or worse.
Then hubby gets annoyed and gets the duster out...
Ironing..I don't iron.any ironing gets folded up and handed to it's owner.Then it's their responsibility.
Washing gets done every day.
Washing up EVERY day and at EVERY meal.Kitchen gets a good clean over 2-3 time a a week.Bathroom gets done once a week unless someone has been totally incontinent...but usually I'm chucking summat chemical down the toilet bowl everyday...
My biggest bugbear is the stove.I hate cleaning it..It needs doing again but I've got to work all week..so it will have to wait.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
02-03-2009, 23:34
|
#23
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lincolnshire
Age: 38
Posts: 2,033
|
Re: How houseproud are you
I still live at home and my Dad used to keep the place spotless but now doesnt have the energy or the support of my Mum. I live in my room and like to keep it at clean as possible but now working from home and doing computer repairs it gets in a bit of a state. I am currently waiting to move out and get my own place where I can get sorted and actually stop living out of boxes!
|
|
|
03-03-2009, 01:53
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9
|
Re: How houseproud are you
yea im pretty clean i guess
|
|
|
03-03-2009, 09:05
|
#25
|
|
Guest
Location: Sutton in Ashfield.
Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: How houseproud are you
I like to keep a clean place, you never know who's going to visit. Same with underpants I always wear a clean pair incase I get run over, I'd hate it for the nurses to pull my trollys down and for them to be dirty.
|
|
|
|
03-03-2009, 10:56
|
#26
|
|
Guest
|
Re: How houseproud are you
depending on the accident they could well be freshly soiled anyway
|
|
|
|
03-03-2009, 13:47
|
#27
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: warrington
Age: 54
Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
Posts: 2,199
|
Re: How houseproud are you
What if you go commando ?
|
|
|
03-03-2009, 14:03
|
#28
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,356
|
Re: How houseproud are you
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb
I was just doing me weekly hoover (yes you heard right  ) and I was just thinking "I wonder how many people are as slack as me lol"
Part of my job is housecalls fixing pcs and I must admit some houses I visit appear spotless and it leads me to think that they must clean top to bottom every day? some have kids and I wonder how as this place does not look lived in?
Are they any other single males that live in their own place? how often do you clean ? is your place spotless? are there any others like me that has a lived in home?
Anyone here actually pay someone else to do it?
|
When the g/f comes round I make an attempt at it but she always gives me grief and then does it anyway lol
|
|
|
03-03-2009, 15:48
|
#29
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Luton
Age: 49
Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
Posts: 3,007
|
Re: How houseproud are you
 there's always something else to do... or like today, I was going to wash up and tidy the kitchen. But our flat is freezing and I just couldn't face it. Maybe I'll post here and go sort it out.
|
|
|
03-03-2009, 15:59
|
#30
|
|
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Admin
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nottingham
Age: 63
Services: Zen & YouFibre FTTP, Sky Q TV, Sky Mobile, Flextel SIP
Posts: 31,240
|
Re: How houseproud are you
I dont need to pay anyone, I have someone to do it free
__________________
Baby, I was born this way.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:05.
|