26-02-2009, 23:53
|
#31
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: on holiday by mistake
Age: 56
Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Posts: 5,977
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
ASDA and Morrisons are handiest for me but I prefer Tesco. ALDI is really good for a lot of stuff though especially the sliced cheeses.
|
|
|
27-02-2009, 16:33
|
#32
|
|
Cable Forum Admin
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 15,142
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
No Marks and Spencer shoppers then?
|
|
|
27-02-2009, 16:39
|
#33
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
No Marks and Spencer shoppers then? 
|
I don't think there are any 80yo semi-rich ladies on the site!!!!
---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauzjp
I voted Asda, as we do go there most often out of all those listed. I am always surprised that our shopping doesn't come to more than what it does at the till in Asda! *taps pocket* 
|
Question is though which asda?? Airport or Dunstable?? I find the airport one a lot better with a lot more range in than the dunstabe one...Though for best choice there's a trip up the A5 to the MK one
|
|
|
27-02-2009, 16:53
|
#34
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
I'm surprised to see Waitrose at the top as it is quite expensive.
I shop at Tesco and every now and then Sainsburys.
Tesco is just round the corner from me so it is convenient.
At the moment they do lovely mackeral fish with spices on the top for only 60p and it tastes lovely!
|
|
|
27-02-2009, 17:24
|
#35
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 615
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
My favourite Supermarket was one in bodrum in Turkey. I got the weeks shopping for 40 quid. That included 5 bottles of spirits and 3 carltons of fags and grocerys.
|
|
|
27-02-2009, 17:31
|
#36
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Luton
Age: 49
Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
Posts: 3,007
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy
I don't think there are any 80yo semi-rich ladies on the site!!!! 
|
I only ever seem to go to M&S for fresh cakes, maybe a pasta pot if I'm feeling flush / hungry.
---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy
Question is though which asda?? Airport or Dunstable?? I find the airport one a lot better with a lot more range in than the dunstabe one...Though for best choice there's a trip up the A5 to the MK one
|
ooh the MK one next to Ikea? I haven't been in there yet! Haven't been to the Dunstable one either, Mother in law prefers that one. I'm not impressed with the changes to the airport one  though I can still spend a good 2 hours + browsing the store!
|
|
|
27-02-2009, 17:33
|
#37
|
|
step on my trip
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,766
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
Watchdog on BBC 1 did a recent survey to find out which supermarket, is the Brits favourite.
They had approx 36,000 total voters and they won in the following order...
The watchdog results were as follows...
1) Waitrose/Ocado - 21 per cent
2) Sainsbury's - 19 per cent
3) Tesco - 15 per cent
4) Asda - 14 per cent
5) Morrisons - 10 per cent
6) Marks and Spencer - 9 per cent
Surprisingly, some of the bigger names like Tesco and Asda are way down in the favourite list...
So I thought, CF should do their own poll and see what the results should be...
Which is your favourite Supermarket and why? Have you switched recently and which Supermarket do you love to hate?
|
I'd hardly say 3rd and 4th "way down the list"! personally, I like Waitrose. you get what you pay for I suppose.
---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------
btw, isn't the pole going to be slightly misleading? won't that really just tell us where people shop, regardless of where they would prefer to shop? I get the feeling most people will select where they actually shop.
__________________
“Most people don’t listen to understand. They listen to reply. Be different.”
- Jefferson Fisher
|
|
|
27-02-2009, 19:13
|
#38
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lincoln UK
Age: 77
Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Posts: 3,673
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
I mainly use Tesco for staples but also buy certain special bits and pieces from Waitrose and Marks&Sparks.
Can't beat M&S smoked mackerel pate..
|
|
|
27-02-2009, 22:03
|
#39
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitman
My favourite Supermarket was one in bodrum in Turkey. I got the weeks shopping for 40 quid. That included 5 bottles of spirits and 3 carltons of fags and grocerys. 
|
Just don't buy the cheap perfumes and men's frangrances.......Basically chemicals with water in a bottle....Unless you want to come out with a huge rash.
The best supermarkets I've been in are in France. The huge Géant Casino supermarkets are amazing around Christmas time. So many things you'd want to buy.
|
|
|
27-02-2009, 22:34
|
#40
|
|
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Admin
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nottingham
Age: 63
Services: Zen & YouFibre FTTP, Sky Q TV, Sky Mobile, Flextel SIP
Posts: 31,246
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
Morrisons is only 1/2 a mile away, so thats what we mostly use.
We also get a few bits from the local Co-op and I buy a specific type of crisps from Sainsbury (only they do them).
__________________
Baby, I was born this way.
|
|
|
28-02-2009, 12:46
|
#41
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Essex
Age: 38
Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q)
Sky Fibre Unlimited
Sky Landline
Posts: 8,851
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
Tesco & Sainsburys, but for convenience its Tesco as its up the end of my road.
|
|
|
28-02-2009, 13:37
|
#42
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
The only thing I don't like from Tesco is their Chinese Takeaway meal bags for two. Ewww.
Never again.
|
|
|
28-02-2009, 14:49
|
#43
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tonbridge
Age: 58
Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Posts: 21,960
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
Waitrose, Lidl and Asda
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:01.
|