26-02-2009, 18:21
|
#16
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 74
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,378
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
Waitrose is my favourite but cost prohibitive to shop at all the time..
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
26-02-2009, 18:21
|
#17
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
|
|
|
26-02-2009, 18:22
|
#18
|
|
vox populi vox dei
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the last resort
Services: every thing
Posts: 15,605
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
lidl- for the basics -and the local market
__________________
To be or not to be, woke is the question Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer. The slings and arrows of outrageous wokedome, Or to take arms against a sea of wokies. And by opposing end them.
|
|
|
26-02-2009, 18:22
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Posts: 12,384
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
Not any more - I've closed it as people continuing to vote in that poll would make any comparisn with this one pretty pointless.....
|
|
|
26-02-2009, 18:23
|
#20
|
|
Guest
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
A year or so ? I make it just less than 3 years from when the other poll zinglebarb has linked to. 
|
a little over 2 years 5 months  (all meant friendly)
|
|
|
|
26-02-2009, 18:23
|
#21
|
|
Cable Forum Admin
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 15,142
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M
Not any more - I've closed it..
|
Beat me to it...
|
|
|
26-02-2009, 18:25
|
#22
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M
Not any more - I've closed it as people continuing to vote in that poll would make any comparisn with this one pretty pointless.....
|
I did not expect it to work but gave it a go found it worked and posted here.
|
|
|
26-02-2009, 18:25
|
#23
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Posts: 12,384
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
A year or so ? I make it just less than 3 years from when the other poll zinglebarb has linked to. 
|
Ah.....that'll be.....ummm.....because.....errr.....I'm officially too stoopid to be in charge of a computer
|
|
|
26-02-2009, 20:29
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Mansfield
Age: 60
Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
Posts: 5,532
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
I watched the program and I was quite interested in the results, and somewhat surprised.
Predominantly we shop at tesco, for no other reason than it is local (opposite side of our estate 1\2 mile walk or 1 mile in a car)
I find the quality of tesco own products slightly better than adsa but asda is slightly cheaper and 2.5 miles from home. Morrisons is on a par with tesco but 8 miles from home.
Aldi & Lidle are about 8 miles from home both offer cheap products not all of which sit well with my pallette.
So although we tend to use tesco for around 80% of our shopping its only through conveinence and I\we dont really have a favorite.
__________________
Music is life - Live a fun one - listen to SKA!
I'm super lazy today!! Which is like normal lazy, but I'm also wearing a cape......
|
|
|
26-02-2009, 21:04
|
#25
|
|
cf.mega poser
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 16,687
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
Tesco for weekly shop/branded products. Morrisons for Meat/Fish/fresh produce. Morrison's are miles better than Tesco for fresh stuff.
__________________
Remember kids: We are blessed with a listening, caring government.
|
|
|
26-02-2009, 21:04
|
#26
|
|
Born again teenager.
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester. (VM area 20)
Age: 78
Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB.
Phone-Anytime Chatter
Posts: 13,924
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
Lidl and, to a lesser extent, Tesco.
__________________
"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx..... "but whilst I do I shall do so disgracefully." Jo Glynne
|
|
|
26-02-2009, 21:09
|
#27
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Luton
Age: 49
Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
Posts: 3,007
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
I voted Asda, as we do go there most often out of all those listed. I am always surprised that our shopping doesn't come to more than what it does at the till in Asda! *taps pocket*
|
|
|
26-02-2009, 21:40
|
#28
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Right here!
Posts: 22,315
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
Sainsburys for us even though we have a massive Tesco close by and a smaller Waitrose. Can't seem to get on with Tesco and Waitrose is that bit more expensive. Sainsburys quality is very good and the prices not bad plus we can walk there so it's carbon friendly too.
|
|
|
26-02-2009, 22:08
|
#29
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Expanding Town with crap roads
Age: 67
Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Posts: 7,674
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
All in how the question is worded.
Waitrose has always been a favourite for me because of the choice, staff, store layout & quality.
However I generally shop at Sainsburys because they are cheaper and I don't have to spend a fortune in fuel for the car (nearest decent sized Asda, Aldi or Tesco are 15 miles away).
Nevertheless I am considering Asda as they now deliver to our area. Really do not like Tesco.
|
|
|
26-02-2009, 22:27
|
#30
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 16,760
|
Re: What is your favourite Supermarket?
Hmm.
I use ASDA the most, purely because it is both the closest and the cheapest of my local supermarkets.
However, I do hate the place, so wouldn't really class it as a "favourite".
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:20.
|