30-06-2007, 22:18
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lancashire^uk
Services: Virgin Media The False Advertising Company
Posts: 237
|
ISP For Online Gaming
hi am looking for a good ISP thats good for online gaming sick of the crap service from VM anyone recommend one please
|
|
|
30-06-2007, 22:35
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Grimsby
Posts: 2,004
|
Re: ISP For Online Gaming
Well if you are switching to ADSL, anything, it all depends on the capacity and usage of what you are put on. Unless you can get a better unbundled service from your exchange.
|
|
|
30-06-2007, 23:25
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Swinton
Services: O2 standard
Posts: 2,499
|
Re: ISP For Online Gaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safeman
hi am looking for a good ISP thats good for online gaming sick of the crap service from VM anyone recommend one please
|
Take a look at some of the Entanet resellers. I'm with one, so am bias towards them lol. First class service though, I'm not a gamer, but I've yet to hear any complaints from gamers. And pings are very good.
|
|
|
30-06-2007, 23:56
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In your base =)
Services: Your pseudo 'tech' ego.
Posts: 1,062
|
Re: ISP For Online Gaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedantic
Take a look at some of the Entanet resellers. I'm with one, so am bias towards them lol. First class service though, I'm not a gamer, but I've yet to hear any complaints from gamers. And pings are very good.
|
Second that!
I was with Freeola for a good while, nice speeds, but I was /am very close to the exchange.
|
|
|
01-07-2007, 00:05
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Swinton
Services: O2 standard
Posts: 2,499
|
Re: ISP For Online Gaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t
Second that!
I was with Freeola for a good while, nice speeds, but I was /am very close to the exchange.
|
Me too (close to the exchange that is, not Freeola), 840m as the crow flies, with full 8128 sync. You are at the mercy of BT though, some exchanges are better than others.
|
|
|
01-07-2007, 00:14
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In your base =)
Services: Your pseudo 'tech' ego.
Posts: 1,062
|
Re: ISP For Online Gaming
Full sync here too, needed to do some fiddling with the line though, remove defunct wiring so just leaving me with 2 and 5 terminal connected.
|
|
|
01-07-2007, 00:42
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Services: Virgin Media
Posts: 9,163
|
Re: ISP For Online Gaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedantic
Me too (close to the exchange that is, not Freeola), 840m as the crow flies, with full 8128 sync. You are at the mercy of BT though, some exchanges are better than others.
|
More info...thanks
In-joke between me and Pedantic, before anyone moans...
|
|
|
01-07-2007, 17:03
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Swinton
Services: O2 standard
Posts: 2,499
|
Re: ISP For Online Gaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
More info...thanks
In-joke between me and Pedantic, before anyone moans...
|
Already told you that once before young man.
|
|
|
01-07-2007, 17:17
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Poole, Dorset
Age: 41
Services: FreeSat+
Tivo
V-Box
VM 60MBit
Posts: 13,365
|
Re: ISP For Online Gaming
I find Virgin Media pretty good for low latency gaming!
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:04.
|