Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] ntl Redundancies

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

[Merged] ntl Redundancies
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2004, 22:25   #31
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive
 
Tezcatlipoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 16,760
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolking
Sorry to take this off topic for a moment.

OMG another team member name change.


Yep. Changed the same time as Pem became Paul M.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...6&postcount=88
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2004, 22:48   #32
scrotnig
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,499
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Off topic again...I sometimes wonder if I should change FROM Mark B to something else...I'm starting to resemble a mod now!
scrotnig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2004, 23:14   #33
Stu038
RIP
 
Stu038's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leicester
Posts: 818
Stu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful one
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful

Don't leave the site Mark, you'll be giving up on an ideal oppertunity........ to gloat over those of us still at ntl about how good it is to be working somewhere else
Stu038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 16:12   #34
scrotnig
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,499
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful

Final throw of the dice failed. I was rejected for the last remaining vacancy because I did not meet the required standard.

I've handed in my notice today and will finish with ntl at the end of August.
scrotnig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 16:18   #35
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned
 
paulyoung666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: norton , teesside
Age: 58
Posts: 10,571
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B
Final throw of the dice failed. I was rejected for the last remaining vacancy because I did not meet the required standard.

I've handed in my notice today and will finish with ntl at the end of August.

sorry to hear that
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 17:34   #36
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 12,050
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful

sorry to hear the bad news, good luck in what the future holds for you.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 17:43   #37
scrotnig
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,499
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful

Thanks to all for their kind words.

My notice formally went in today and I'll be finishing late August. I should have alternative employment secured by then.

After then, I will be leaving the site, as I have nothing to offer outside of ntl and in any case need this to be a 'clean break'. That is no reflection on anyone at the site or the management team here, who do a fantastic job. It's just the right decision for me.

However, I'll still be here and at ntl until then, and will continue to assist wherever I can up til then. Obviously as the date gets nearer I'll take on less because it might spill over to september when I won't have any access to the ntl systems.

I shall deactivate my own Harmony log in on the last day. That will be sad

When I've left other jobs, I've invariably arranged to 'phone in sick' on the final day because it all gets a bit emotional and I prefer to give it a miss. It will be a truly sad day as I really thought I'd be able to stay at ntl. I wanted to.
scrotnig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 19:39   #38
homealone
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B
Final throw of the dice failed. I was rejected for the last remaining vacancy because I did not meet the required standard.

I've handed in my notice today and will finish with ntl at the end of August.
really sorry to hear that, I have to say I have never noticed any lapse in standards in your posts on here. In my opinion you have been loyal, customer focused & extremely helpful.

Good luck with what you do next
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 23:26   #39
tkiely
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Asleep down in the server room
Age: 62
Posts: 516
tkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to tkiely
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful

Good luck Mark.

Terry
tkiely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 23:37   #40
XFS03
Guest
 
Location: East London (ex-C&W)
Services: XL broadband ntl250 modem
Posts: n/a
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B
...I've handed in my notice today and will finish with ntl at the end of August.
Wouldn't it have been more financially beneficial to have taken the redundancy package in October, rather than hand in your notice now?
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 23:48   #41
scrotnig
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,499
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFS03
Wouldn't it have been more financially beneficial to have taken the redundancy package in October, rather than hand in your notice now?
Yes.

But I can't face continuing to work for a company that does not consider I meet its standards, so I'm off. The schoolkids can have the jobs, that's who they are employing instead. I'm best off out of it.
scrotnig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 00:05   #42
homealone
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B
Yes.

But I can't face continuing to work for a company that does not consider I meet its standards, so I'm off. The schoolkids can have the jobs, that's who they are employing instead. I'm best off out of it.
none of my business - I know

but,

think about explaining that to a future employer, could 'made redundant' be a better reason for leaving, than 'resigned', on a CV......
  Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 00:37   #43
scrotnig
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,499
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful

Probably true, although current recommendations seem to suggest not putting reasons for leaving on CVs at all.

The company are effectively telling me I am useless to them. I can't perform well under those circumstances, and I just want out. At the moment, working at McDonalds or sweeping the streets would be preferable to the current situation.

However, I have at least one iron firmly in the fire at another company, and I have discovered today that I have one last interview within ntl which may or may not lead to something. I hope so. Despite all that's gone on, I'd still be delighted to stay with them.
scrotnig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 00:43   #44
homealone
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B
Probably true, although current recommendations seem to suggest not putting reasons for leaving on CVs at all.

The company are effectively telling me I am useless to them. I can't perform well under those circumstances, and I just want out. At the moment, working at McDonalds or sweeping the streets would be preferable to the current situation.
I admire you for not 'playing the game', but at the same time you sometimes have to - good luck getting the balance right, true to yourself is the important thing, though
  Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 09:06   #45
shocked
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 31
shocked is an unknown quantity at this point
Redundancy's

I left Winnersh CS on July 5th, possible the most depressing day ever....worse than when i put my dog down
anyway, apparently in Coventry customer services, they are having a meeting today and 3 of my friends who are on holiday have been asked to go in to work......does anyone know if they are going to get their notice???????

cheers all.....
miss gossip queen of the south!
shocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:07.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum