[Merged] ntl Redundancies
21-07-2004, 14:31
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,499
|
Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful
Many of you will know that I am due to be made redundant by ntl in October.
Sadly, despite my attempts at getting redeployed into one of the many new jobs at the Manchester site, I learned recently that the last of these attempts has effectively been unsuccessful.
There is, therefore, no job for me at ntl for the future, so I will be leaving the company by the end of the August. At that time, I'll simultaneously be leaving this site, as I won't have anything to offer and I'd rather make a clean break.
|
|
|
21-07-2004, 14:34
|
#2
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,581
|
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful
I'm sorry to hear that - but please don't go, Mark.  There's plenty else to talk about and you will still have a lot of experience and knowledge under your belt. If you really can't bear to hang around in ntl-related threads, come and spend time in the basement instead. There's plenty of fun to be had there.
|
|
|
21-07-2004, 14:35
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,499
|
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful
Thanks, but honestly when I leave ntl I want to put the whole thing behind me and move on. That's no reflection on the excellent management of the site, it's just a personal thing.
|
|
|
21-07-2004, 14:40
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Surrey
Age: 59
Services: Virgin stuff
Posts: 6,407
|
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful
Don't make me come up there .....
|
|
|
21-07-2004, 14:42
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,604
|
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Mark B
Thanks, but honestly when I leave ntl I want to put the whole thing behind me and move on. That's no reflection on the excellent management of the site, it's just a personal thing.
|
Mark I kinda know how you feel, when I left ntl I went through the same feelings but you might find you feel different abt posting on this site once you leave and get a new job. I know i did
|
|
|
21-07-2004, 14:45
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Surrey
Age: 59
Services: Virgin stuff
Posts: 6,407
|
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful
Mark ... You have invaluable knowledge that will not dissapear from your head when you leave, and as we have seen you like helping people.
Methinks you can't just walk away from a needy customer
Think about it ...
|
|
|
21-07-2004, 14:47
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 46
Services: NTL 4Meg BB, Family Pack, Phone
Posts: 412
|
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful
Really sorry to hear it Mark B - If you do leave here it'll be a great shame but totally understandable - may I wish you all the very best in finding a new job.
|
|
|
21-07-2004, 15:03
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: northants
Age: 58
Posts: 124
|
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful
Hi Mark B,
Sorry that you feel this way But don't let the buggers get you down .
Get another job and you will feel much better I did and you will see there is life after NTL (NO TECS LEFT).
I know on how you must be feeling right now but pick yourself up from the floor and go for it............
Homer
|
|
|
21-07-2004, 15:10
|
#9
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: norton , teesside
Age: 58
Posts: 10,571
|
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful
sorry mate that is a ***** outcome for you
like others have said , there is no reason to leave this site though , having lived through the threat of redundancy i know how you feel , i was one of the lucky / unlucky ones who are going to stay where i work , no help to you though , mind you , you still have some time to look around for something else
|
|
|
21-07-2004, 15:17
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 2nd CPU to the right & past the cache
Posts: 1,949
|
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful
Mark,
Your knowledge and experience wont evaporate overnight, you would still be a valued member of this community.
You could choose to not participate in the exclusively NTL related threads.
You could choose to register under a brand new name, and not tell anybody.
I mention the 2 items above to show that there alternatives to simply abandoning a forum you've chosen to post in over 300 times.
I know the pain of redundancy and not getting redeployment. It hurt me like hell after 25 years service. Live goes on though.
Hope you find another job, and hope you choose to remain with the forum.
|
|
|
21-07-2004, 16:08
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,638
|
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful
Mark, I'm sorry to hear you have been let down so badly by NTL and wonder if your involvement with this site is the reason why all your attempts to get redeployed have not succeeded.
|
|
|
21-07-2004, 16:15
|
#12
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: norton , teesside
Age: 58
Posts: 10,571
|
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
Mark, I'm sorry to hear you have been let down so badly by NTL and wonder if your involvement with this site is the reason why all your attempts to get redeployed have not succeeded.
|
whoooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
|
|
|
21-07-2004, 16:26
|
#13
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful
Mark, I will be sorry to see you go. It's a bummer being made redundant. But, I am sure you will bounce back.
In the mean time, like everyone else, I think your experience would be a help in posting..
|
|
|
21-07-2004, 16:50
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 2nd CPU to the right & past the cache
Posts: 1,949
|
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
Mark, I'm sorry to hear you have been let down so badly by NTL and wonder if your involvement with this site is the reason why all your attempts to get redeployed have not succeeded.
|
Wooooaaaaaaaahhhhhh
Don't even go there. You wont be able to prove anything and will only cause yourself grief. Right now focus on what you want to do in life and start looking for opportunities that will lead to that end.
|
|
|
21-07-2004, 17:19
|
#15
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: heckmondwike
Age: 40
Posts: 10,767
|
Re: Redundancy: Redeployment Unsuccessful
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by MetaWraith
Wooooaaaaaaaahhhhhh
Don't even go there. You wont be able to prove anything and will only cause yourself grief. Right now focus on what you want to do in life and start looking for opportunities that will lead to that end.
|
i agree, you will be missed by alot of people on the site, you have many people showing that on here, im sure your knowledge can still be of use on this site, i dont personally want to see you go, because im sure you can still offer alot.
its up to you ofcourse.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:07.
|