30-06-2004, 10:17
|
#46
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Selly Oak, Birmingham
Age: 41
Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Posts: 3,214
|
Re: Phobias
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Nugget
Now Dave, you do realise that technically that makes you a vampire  (although looking at your avatar, I'm not surprised  )
|
now why does walking over a bridge make me a vampire..? *completely lost*
and my avatar is great, nothing wrong with a blue neon glow
i could make it red if you wanted me to look even worse....
|
|
|
30-06-2004, 10:25
|
#47
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Leeds - the dog house
Age: 49
Services: Email me for a current price list
Posts: 8,270
|
Re: Phobias
Vampires and moving water are a big no-no - not good for them. Read up on your myths and legends
|
|
|
30-06-2004, 10:26
|
#48
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: surrey
Posts: 4,412
|
Re: Phobias
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Ramrod
She would hate my budgie, he's always out of his cage................. 
|
ironically she had a budgie  my mum confuses me
|
|
|
30-06-2004, 11:19
|
#49
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Punmeister Towers
Age: 51
Services: Will provide gags for cash
Posts: 9,211
|
Re: Phobias
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dave Stones
now why does walking over a bridge make me a vampire..? *completely lost*
and my avatar is great, nothing wrong with a blue neon glow
i could make it red if you wanted me to look even worse....
|
Do you get scared when people are annoyed with you and show you they're cross?
Alright, I'm leaving
|
|
|
06-07-2004, 20:58
|
#50
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: Phobias
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Chimaera
Aeroplanes! 
I'm not to keen on heights (but did manage the London Eye a few weeks ago without too much of a panic) but until a short while ago even driving past an airport was a no-no. It's not a fear of flying - just the planes! I have even been known to run for cover if I see a low flying one. 
I am trying to overcome my phobia now - I have set a target to be able to go on holiday abroad later this year - I've had a trip to Heathrow just to look  and can drive on the M11 without freaking out when I pass Stanstead and Duxford! 
|
Well done Chi.. I am sure you'll make it to wherever you are going, although I do remember some of the stories you told me on the way to Manchester.
I personally don't have any phobias.
Debsy: So if a Clown carrying a snake offered you Oxtail soup then you'd  ?
|
|
|
06-07-2004, 21:11
|
#51
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wirral / Ex CWC Area
Age: 43
Posts: 3,251
|
Re: Phobias
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by scastle
Debsy: So if a Clown carrying a snake offered you Oxtail soup then you'd  ?
|
I think if I clown carrying a snake randomly walked up to any of us and offered us oxtail soup we would :sprint:
|
|
|
06-07-2004, 21:16
|
#52
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: Phobias
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Nugget
Do you get scared when people are annoyed with you and show you they're cross?
Alright, I'm leaving
|
Maybe he can't see himself in the Mirror.
|
|
|
06-07-2004, 21:19
|
#53
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,181
|
Re: Phobias
I have a phobia of being held by my neck
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
|
|
|
06-07-2004, 21:23
|
#54
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 58
Posts: 5,566
|
Re: Phobias
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by scastle
Debsy: So if a Clown carrying a snake offered you Oxtail soup then you'd  ?
|
I think the world land speed record would be in serious danger.
I've also got a "thing" abouts toys coming to life, so ridiculous I know. I've never been able to watch Chucky or Bride Of Chucky not even from behind the settee. Also that bit in Poltergist when the clown doll comes to life
|
|
|
06-07-2004, 21:26
|
#55
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Phobias
Mines heights. Trying everything to combat it such as going up the Eiffel tower, CN Tower, KL Tower, London Eye, Bucket in the roof of a cave but i still get a jelly feeling in my knees. Even get that feeling sitting in the gods at a west end theatre.
|
|
|
|
06-07-2004, 21:31
|
#56
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: Phobias
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Debsy42
|
Everyone is scared of that sort of thing from time to time.
Actually, I did have a bit of a phobia about computers (I know, it's ironic as now I work on them for a living and love it). I think this is probably due to several films I saw when I was younger that all involved meglomaniac computers taking over the world. Of course, that sort of thing couldn't happen now? Could it?
|
|
|
06-07-2004, 21:52
|
#57
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Baw deep in a munter
Age: 50
Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
Posts: 5,750
|
Re: Phobias
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gary_580
Mines heights. Trying everything to combat it such as going up the Eiffel tower, CN Tower, KL Tower, London Eye, Bucket in the roof of a cave but i still get a jelly feeling in my knees. Even get that feeling sitting in the gods at a west end theatre.
|
Me too - but heres the thing - planes, no problem window seat and all - go figure.
And why is it that i always want to challenge my fear, yet never overcome it? I managed the second platform on the Eiffel tower then said - no way. Was recently on top of the tower on the big hill in Prague (if anyones ever been there) though, and my knees were knocking like crazy.
Even got a headache from the shock when i came back down, i would do it again - but it wont help my fear.
|
|
|
06-07-2004, 22:04
|
#58
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Phobias
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by theblueraja
Me too - but heres the thing - planes, no problem window seat and all - go figure.
And why is it that i always want to challenge my fear, yet never overcome it? I managed the second platform on the Eiffel tower then said - no way. Was recently on top of the tower on the big hill in Prague (if anyones ever been there) though, and my knees were knocking like crazy.
Even got a headache from the shock when i came back down, i would do it again - but it wont help my fear.
|
i have no fear of heights in planes either. I think its because you dont have any height perspective as its too high. I didnt go up the tower on the hill in Prague but i did go up the communications tower there, that wasnt too bad as it was totally enclosed.
|
|
|
|
06-07-2004, 22:20
|
#59
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Baw deep in a munter
Age: 50
Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
Posts: 5,750
|
Re: Phobias
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gary_580
i have no fear of heights in planes either. I think its because you dont have any height perspective as its too high. I didnt go up the tower on the hill in Prague but i did go up the communications tower there, that wasnt too bad as it was totally enclosed.
|
It actually moves at the top - you feel it blowing in the wind. Not good.
|
|
|
06-07-2004, 22:23
|
#60
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North West
Posts: 300
|
Re: Phobias
I went up to the 99th (top) floor of a building in Shanghai - awesome! Fortunately I have no fear at all of heights, but any sort of dark hole in the ground gives me the creeps
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:03.
|